Chameleon 2.4svn Official PKG Installer

ErmaC
4,261 posts in this topic

Question... is build 1822 LM only? It will break my Lion install, resulting in a black screen where it should boot/display the boot menu.

Build 1819 is the latest that would work for me.

Triple boot here with r1822. No issues. (10.8, 10.7.3, win7)

Be sure you don´t have redundant /Extra folders on different partitions. Only one is needed to get rid of them.

Now I have come across an issue with 10.8: sometimes does not recognize my other two internal hard drives, apart from which it is installed. (not unmounted, simply do not appear anywhere)

They all have GUID partition table, and the same file system.

Anyone else with this problem?

Question... is build 1822 LM only? It will break my Lion install, resulting in a black screen where it should boot/display the boot menu.

Build 1819 is the latest that would work for me.

Same here, blank display with no boot selection screen (r1822 with Mt.Lion patch), SL and Lion working flawlessly with trunk/buildbot r1819. No time to dig-in and debug so reverted quickly.

hi fabio

i have that issue only with ML

Loading Darwin 10.8

/System/Library/Extensions is more recent than KernelCache (/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache), ignoring KernelCache

Loading kernel /mach_kernel

Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,4)/mach_kernel] 4096 bytes.

Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,4)/mach_kernel] 8185024 bytes.

Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,4)/Extra/DSDT.aml] 57703 bytes.

and i can update the KernelCache

with the r 1822

and also with test2 u post early

thanks

• Like 1

I'm having a weird issue on one of my builds. I've installed Lion previously via a usb stick. Now wanting to do a clean install, it's doing something strange. It won't boot the installer. It doesn't even POST completely when the drive is connected (Tried every usb port). It appears to be only Cham (HFS+?) formatted drives. It boots my usb Win installer and at one point I tried a live ubuntu usb drive as well. I update my usb installers often, could there be something in Chameleon that's maybe changed in the past few months that would make it act this way. I suppose it could be hardware related, but as I said, I did an install on this about 6months ago just fine. It doesn't make sense to me haha, considering it freezes at POST, how could the format affect it before it even tries to boot the drive. Bah, prob the board.

Edit:

I tried to go back to the same version of Cham I used before (Though a different USB Flash drive), and it worked. It was build 1174, I installed manually, and for the heck of it, dodged boot0md and used boot0 instead. Well actually, it didn't successfully boot into the installer itself, but it was able to let the system POST perfectly fine. I got it to work later by simply replacing the boot file, with the one I'm running now, which is 1627 or something. I don't know if it could be the flash drive, it works for my system every time.

hi all,

need help with a 9600GT 0x0622 and Chameleon_2.1svn_r1820_trunk_10.8 with MT-Lion.

EFI string on org.chameleon.Boot.plist not work, also tested with NVDANV50Hal.kext from 10.7.0, but all this works on 10.7.3 (chameleon 2.0Rc5).

Also not help GraphicsEnabler -> Yes and edit info.plist on NVDANV50Hal.kext.

Nvidia kext loaded in MT-Lion, but only 1024 x 768 screen resolution and one screen.

any idea

thx for any help.

parcival

@parcival39 - Multiple posts and creating topics for the same question is bad. Please learn to be patient.

http://www.insanelym...dpost&p=1799067

http://www.insanelym...dpost&p=1799063

I see mitch already answered you in one of your other posts.

Now I have come across an issue with 10.8: sometimes does not recognize my other two internal hard drives, apart from which it is installed. (not unmounted, simply do not appear anywhere)

They all have GUID partition table, and the same file system.

Anyone else with this problem?

Hi Ed_Saxman - Yes I do..

See here for more my report http://www.insanelym...dpost&p=1798677

Maybe you could also help with the search to find a proper solution?

I'm having a weird issue on one of my builds. I've installed Lion previously via a usb stick. Now wanting to do a clean install, it's doing something strange. It won't boot the installer. It doesn't even POST completely when the drive is connected (Tried every usb port). .....

..../snip/.....

how could the format affect it before it even tries to boot the drive. Bah, prob the board.

Hi Enzo

As you know, a BIOS not posting can't be down to the format of a USB drive.

Double check your installer.

......I don't know if it could be the flash drive, it works for my system every time.

I'd put it down to the flash drive.

p.s. I still can't figure out what could have happened to your previous install problem when your permissions for the OS were changed as the installer here just wouldn't do that...

This is for Black_OSX,

It's been a while since I played with your theme.plist. How do you adjust the parameters to change a few things?

Also, this loader assumes every Lion partition a M. Lion. I need to learn this. Is it because your theme or the loader?

Direct me to another forum if this is the wrong one.

Hi tdtran1025

If you're using only the default theme then there's not really anything you need to edit in the theme.plist other than maybe the number of devices displayed which defaults to 4. You can change that by changing:

<key>devices_max_visible</key>
<string>4</string>

If the modded Chameleon from ErmaC is displaying ML icons for Lion partitions then that's a problem with his mod - It should be an easy fix for him. I'm sure this won't be an issue once the trunk is officially updated with Mountain Lion support. In the mean time I'm sure ErmaC will fix his mod.

I update the code.

In the first post now you can chose between:

- Untouched Main Trunk code (r1827) direct link to BuildBot

- Modified Main Trunk with my patch for ML boot support & Icons detection (UPDATE YOUR THEMES!!!)

- My latest Sub-Branch

Enjoy

Fabio

I update the code.

In the first post now you can chose between:

- Untouched Main Trunk code (r1827) direct link to BuildBot

- Modified Main Trunk with my patch for ML boot support & Icons detection (UPDATE YOUR THEMES!!!)

- My latest Sub-Branch

Enjoy

Fabio

Hi ErmaC,

I'm having problems booting with releases above 1820 on a Gigabyte G41M-Es2L + Ati HD 5450.

The systems keeps rebooting before it start the loading process (just like the old problem when trying to boot with Vanilla Kernel).

I have noticed that the icon for ML is not detected as if it did not recognise the Kernel.

However, v1820 boots up perfectly.

Any ideas as to what the problem is?

Cheers,

Hi ErmaC,

I'm having problems booting with releases above 1820 on a Gigabyte G41M-Es2L + Ati HD 5450.

The systems keeps rebooting before it start the loading process (just like the old problem when trying to boot with Vanilla Kernel).

I have noticed that the icon for ML is not detected as if it did not recognise the Kernel.

However, v1820 boots up perfectly.

Any ideas as to what the problem is?

Cheers,

This also happens with the standard version of chameleon? or just with the patched vesion with Mountain Lion boot support?

Fabio

This also happens with the standard version of chameleon?

or just with the patched vesion with Mountain Lion boot support?

Fabio

Hi Fabio,

Thanks for responding.

I have with version 1806 (I presume standard) and it behaves exactly in the same way: Reboots at the end of the kext listing process and before starting the actual loading process.

This happens with v1822 upwards.

What bugs me is that version 1820 works perfectly.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Hi Fabio,

Thanks for responding.

I have with version 1806 (I presume standard) and it behaves exactly in the same way: Reboots at the end of the kext listing process and before starting the actual loading process.

This happens with v1822 upwards.

What bugs me is that version 1820 works perfectly.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

I still no understand.

PLS post or add your spec in signature.

Also tell us what version/s of OS X you try to boot.

We need to know "exactly" where the problem came from...

so:

Use Chameleon Wizard or the Installer PKG

- STANDARD VERSION OF CHAMELEON (Binaries Chameleon-2.1svn-r1827.tgz) or (PKG version Chameleon-2.1svn-r1827.pkg)

Install it and tell us if the "problem" still here... (take care about the rev when it boot... "1827")

Fabio

I had the same issue, 1822, Instant reboot when trying to load ML, after some search and reading, i installed 1820 and it works perfectly with Lion and ML.

Does the latest 1827 work with ML?

OMG....

THE OFFICIAL CHAMELEON TRUNK CODE NOT WORK WITH MOUNTAIN LION!

You guys have installed a modified revision of Chameleon for support Mountain Lion boot!

So until now the main trunk code (1827 and before) not include mountain Lion boot support!

Here the latest PKG 1827 from BuildBot ==> Chameleon-2.1svn-r1827.pkg STANDARD AND OFFICIAL REVISION (NO SUPPORT FOR Mountain Lion)

Here the latest PKG 1827 + (Mountain Lion boot Support) ==> PATCHED REVISION WITH Mountain Lion BOOT SUPPORT