Chameleon 2.4svn Official PKG Installer

ErmaC
4,261 posts in this topic

Is the issue 129 "boot0 error on HDDs with 4K sectors" got fixed?

http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleon/issues/129/

Temporary Solution for working 4K HDD .

This solution original idea is from other forum, and tested worked by me.

1. You need an USB Installer like Myhack or [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], or other usb HDD installed hackintosh, or you can unplug HDD into other hackintosh / real OSX.

2. Boot into your installed OSX,

if you can't, use myhack or usb installer to boot chameleon, and choose the installed partition to boot.

3. Download unPKG, and extract latest chameleon, or ask eRmac to extract "boot1h", copy boot1h to usb installer (in my case "myhack" Volume)

4. type "diskutil list" on terminal to know where the osx partition. for example: i have MBR HDD (rdisk0). with partition1 XP (rdisk0s1), partition2 Win7 (rdisk0s2), partition3 OSX (rdisk0s3), partition4 data (rdisk0s4). all primary

4. Reboot, boot using usb installer until Install Mac menu. Go to diskutility on the top menu. choose osx partition, unmount. exit diskutility

5. Go to terminal in the top of the menu, inside terminal go to where you have copied the boo1h inside. by type " cd /Volumes/myhack" and type "dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdisk0s3" where my osx was installed in partition 3 on step 4. Reminds where your partition is.

6. reboot. and install chameleon again if you are succeed.

IF you unplugged the 4K HDD to other working OSX, use "sudo dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdisk1s3". Just check where is the target partition with diskutil list to change that rdisk1s3 variable.

After boot1h manual copy, you can use chain0 (extracted from chameleon), also in windows partition for loading the osx.

Hello

I would like just a little insight as I'm not an expert.

I have successfully installed OSX 10.6 on an PC and i have a backup partition on the same drive, I also have a lion partition on another drive.

All works well and I didn't need to use a custom DSDT as everything was recognized . I only have an issue with LION that doesn't give me access to a certain SMB network drive but Snow Leopard does as well as a crappy sound crackling effect.

My question is if I install this new chameleon on the LION drive will it change anything or maybe solve the SMB problem.

Thanks

Alain

i7 2.8 QUAD

8 Gb RAM

ASUS P7H55 M

ATI RADEON 4850 HD 1 Gb

@TH3L4UGH1NGM4N

Thanks for the reply

I just need an insight, when you mean to backup my boot file on lion, is that the boot0 hidden file thing or the EXTRA folder ?

For the SMB it's quite weird. I spent hours on the net looking around and all I found was that apple changed the SMB protocol in Lion and that might be it. I have installed mac osx on my work PC and we use a large amount of network drives all using samba and as I said, I have total access to them in Snow leopard but in Lion, one of them ( only one ) won't open. It doesn't even give me the possibility to enter a user and password, I just get a compatibility error message. I can easily see it in the network but when I click on it it's a no go. I tried asking the IT guys if they know something but they are allergic to MAC so it's a dead end.

Cheers

funny my url picture that I uploaded seems to have disappeared....

it's not the boot0 file it's just the boot file that resides wherever your bootloader was installed which most likely seems to be on your Lion partition.

As for the SMB issue it would seem that it's more of a 10.7 issue that seems to not be present in 10.6 and unfortunately the IT fellows that work with you are Anti-Mac. Another viable solution I guess would be to run parallels or another VM and use snow leo within it just for that one drive you don't have access to.

Is the R1700 the last one? I think they haven't updated since two weeks. I can't get to login on iCloud or App Store. I'm not using DSDT right now, only Chameleon with FakeSMC. Nothing more. When I installed 10.7.1 and used then version of Chameleon I could login in App Store. But not anymore. I tried with a lot of versions. Is it the bootloader or something else?

noob question here:

I restored iATKOS L2 to an 8G USB flash drive and then installed Chameleon-2.1svn-r1708. During boot, the USB flash drive just displayed some jibberish and then froze. What am I missing here?

Did you also install the necessary kexts and dsdt files needed to boot your system?

Your work is great, thanks. In my Asus HD 6870( EAH6870 DC/2DI2S/1GD5) the DVD player is now working with GraphicsEnabler = Yes, but after the update to 10.7.2. the information in system does not detect the two regular DisplayPorts i do not understand why ...

Edit: DVD Player sometimes not work...

Edit2: ok I bought a Sony Optiarc DVD RW AD-7260S, and now the DVD player works well with GraphicsEnabler =Yes, both in movies recorded or originals. Thank you for your excellent Chameleon ;)

Can someone help me?

I booted up Chameleon on my USB, and I'm at the bootloader screen, but it's not detecting my USB keyboard and mouse and I can't select an OS to boot, it doesn't auto-boot either, I've tried added Timeout but that didn't help..

I have a Wireless keyboard and mouse as well, but to use that I'd need that Voodoo thing, but I have no clue how to install that.. :(

Can someone help me?

I booted up Chameleon on my USB, and I'm at the bootloader screen, but it's not detecting my USB keyboard and mouse and I can't select an OS to boot, it doesn't auto-boot either, I've tried added Timeout but that didn't help..

I have a Wireless keyboard and mouse as well, but to use that I'd need that Voodoo thing, but I have no clue how to install that.. :(

I would try plugging it into a different port.