Chameleon 2.4svn Official PKG Installer

ErmaC
4,261 posts in this topic

I still no understand.

PLS post or add your spec in signature.

Also tell us what version/s of OS X you try to boot.

We need to know "exactly" where the problem came from...

Install it and tell us if the "problem" still here... (take care about the rev when it boot... "1827")

Fabio

Hi Fabio,

Your post (#1205) showed me the way:

" THE OFFICIAL CHAMELEON TRUNK CODE NOT WORK WITH MOUNTAIN LION!

You guys have installed a modified revision of Chameleon for support Mountain Lion boot!

So until now the main trunk code (1827 and before) not include mountain Lion boot support! "

I did not realise that the official trunck did not include support for ML. The Kexts.com version claimed to support ML but it was straight from the Buildbot.

Anyway, Your patched version in the link (v1827) did work.

Many thanks,

Regards

Yeah, i was confused too, i saw on voodoo projects forge page the update changelog for trunk and it said ML support on 1822 or something like that.

@ErmaC , i did the Romanian translation but i'm having some broadband problems and i'm on 3G, i'll post it assoon as i can.

And here it is :

Edited by rvxtm

Yeah, i was confused too, i saw on voodoo projects forge page the update changelog for trunk and it said ML support on 1822 or something like that.

@ErmaC , i did the Romanian translation but i'm having some broadband problems and i'm on 3G, i'll post it assoon as i can.

And here it is :

PLS reupload it in a .zip format...

there is some kind of issue with your archive

Fabio

In a bit I'll post here the updated Dutch files for chameleon. -> done

Edited some somewhat odd phrases and translated the new strings.

Also let the legal info intact again as I don't feel it's right for me to translate it.

Just noticed the PC vs Mac tag, it's a bit hard to make out the difference so thought of it as redundant code.

What I noticed in the string files; The following strings are added twice;

"pc-de_title" = "German PC Keyboard";

"pc-de_description" = "Use the keyboard layout for a German PC keyboard";

"pc-es_title" = "Spanish PC Keyboard";

"pc-es_description" = "Use the keyboard layout for a Spanish PC keyboard";

"pc-fr_title" = "French PC Keyboard";

"pc-fr_description" = "Use the keyboard layout for a French PC keyboard";

"pc-it_title" = "Italian PC Keyboard";

"pc-it_description" = "Use the keyboard layout for a Italian PC keyboard";

"pc-se_title" = "Swedish PC Keyboard";

"pc-se_description" = "Use the keyboard layout for a Swedish PC keyboard";

"pc-pt_title" = "Portuguese PC Keyboard";

"pc-pt_description" = "Use the keyboard layout for a Portuguese PC keyboard";

Is this on purpose? I'll remove them for the Dutch strings as they're redundant, easily added if you prefer to.

The files:

http://www.2shared.c...4h/nllproj.html

• 2 weeks later...

First page updated:

Chameleon r1890.

- link to main trunk

- attachment for Chameleon 2.1svn r1890 patched for Mountain Lion Boot support

- attachment for Chameleon 2.1svn (My sub-Branch) r1890 (Include by default the ML boot support)

Enjoy.

Fabio

• Like 2

First page updated:

Chameleon r1890.

- link to main trunk

- attachment for Chameleon 2.1svn r1890 patched for Mountain Lion Boot support

- attachment for Chameleon 2.1svn (My sub-Branch) r1890 (Include by default the ML boot support)

Enjoy.

Fabio

Thanks for the updates, I just installed your sub-branch, works like a charm witn Lion as well as Mountain Lion

ONE BIG FAVOUR for upcoming releases,

make SSDT choosable as DSDT

for a couple of weeks i had random kernel panics after sleep, had often to boot twice , which i did not come after, since today

MULTIPLE SSDT LOADED FOR THE SAME PURPOSE

( i had a costum SSDT, unchecked DROP SSDT >> all 2 Tables loaded with the a little different speedstep tasks.

Cause the tables load so quick at boot, i only came after it cause i made an ACPI dump for other reasons, that one table was loaded even residing in root folder, not extra )

so please make the SSDT management easier for us, Folder SSDT load whats in it or generate one.

Hi, i tried the 1890 build , listed as ML build but it reboots as the normal (trunk ) Chameleon on the ML.

Can it be that there was an problem in that build? I used now 1831 ML build again.

PS: I am sure i used an LInk (DL) to one of the ML version builds. But i dont remember ErmaC ML oder the other.

The names of the DLs are a bit confusing - is it possible to add _ML in the names for ML patched ?

I think I had the same problem with the ML-patched 1890 (Chameleon, not ErmaC). I did a couple of other things after updating and when I rebooted it got stuck in a reboot loop. I fixed it with my old patched 1827. The ML-patched 1897 works fine.

Wried : 1897 ERMAC ML booted my ML DP1 - but failed DP2 . I will try 1831 ML (again and tell).

Can it be that ML DP2 makes some problems (at early boot phase) which DP1 didnt had - i know kernel is much different = 1/2 size of DB1, perhaps because

it now 64 Bit only and DP1 was 32/64 Bit?

I am not using 32 Bit Kernelmode for DP1/DP2 - so at least problem for me isnt an 32 Bit Kernel flag at boot time.

I was thingking yesterday evening a bit longer about the Chameleon vs Chameleon ML versions.

Can it be that the ML patch is not only made in the boot (in /), which gets updated for sure everytime but boot0 and boot1h (somewhere deeper in partition block written) not gettings updated but also has some ML related changes and this may cause problems - mixed Chameleon ML (boot ML) and boot0 + boot1h is Chameleon Non ML?

At least if an other Chameleon was installed before ( i think doesnt matter ML or non ML) this happens:

Running Standard postinstall script

Target volume = /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System on /dev/disk2s1

Target disk already has existing Chameleon stage 0 loader - boot0 // boot0 isnt written - but would only a problem if boot0 is diff in ML/NON ML

======================================================

Stage 0 loader not written to /dev/disk2.

Written boot1h to /dev/rdisk2s1.

Written boot to /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System on /dev/disk2s1.

======================================================

EDIT: I read in the CLOVER Thread (some other booloader) that they have different boot1h for 32 Bit / 64 Bit booting. But i never used Clover.

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2304

hi fabio, help please. I created a software raid with version 1820, on snow 10.6.8 .

I'm using a SSDT-injected sound inside my SSDT, but dont works for me audio, but if I use a dsdt audio works fine.

If this intervent on your topic is off topic I apologize.

Maybe chamaleon dont work on raid software ?