Chameleon 2.4svn Official PKG Installer

ErmaC
4,261 posts in this topic

Hi !

That's no problem, but the best would be that you tell us what you did/did not modify on the final version localization files (especially the .strings file, kinda tough one).

Meanwhile, here are the French files.

Thx!

(FRENCH COMPLETE)

Done in my branch 1669

And into main trunk code 1670.

Thx also crazybirdy

(CHINESE COMPLETE)

Fabio

Hello there,

I'm using 1670 and I got 'Power On Self-Test - Failed' and 4 slots of Ram (instead of 2) on my System Information. My notebook is Lenovo G470, i5-2410M intel HD3000 with 6GB RAM with Lion OS, I'm using MBP8,1 smbios.plist.

Is it bootloader's bugs or did i miss something in installing MacOS?

I attached the screen shots and bmesg.

Thanx

Screen_Shots___bdmesg.zip

Hello there,

I'm using 1670 and I got 'Power On Self-Test - Failed' and 4 slots of Ram (instead of 2) on my System Information. My notebook is Lenovo G470, i5-2410M intel HD3000 with 6GB RAM with Lion OS, I'm using MBP8,1 smbios.plist.

You did a nice mix of RAM here, not the same brand (Samsung, and I assume, Kingston), not the same size (2 and 4GB), in Dual Channel. I would not do that, it screws up your system. The same brand is not required, but recommanded, but hey, the SAME SIZE should be used when you do this stuff.

Anyway, more info here : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dual-channel_architecture

About, the 4 slots of RAM, it's no big deal, I think your chipset/BIOS supports 4 slots of RAM, but they are not soldered on the laptop's motherboard.

@blackosx

Hey, I saw you updated your Description.html file for the Installer. And that you applied this file into all the localization folders. And about that, I noticed a little detail, since you written the ATi brand based on its logo, I assume Nvidia should be written the same : "nVIDIA".

Anyway, I just updated my French translation to comply the new version.

@ErmaC

Hi, I just noticed you forgotten to update the first post of this thread, about the translations status.

Description_r1672_fr.html

You did a nice mix of RAM here, not the same brand (Samsung, and I assume, Kingston), not the same size (2 and 4GB), in Dual Channel. I would not do that, it screws up your system. The same brand is not required, but recommanded, but hey, the SAME SIZE should be used when you do this stuff.

Anyway, more info here : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dual-channel_architecture

About, the 4 slots of RAM, it's no big deal, I think your chipset/BIOS supports 4 slots of RAM, but they are not soldered on the laptop's motherboard.

Thanx for your answer. I took 1 stick out n' now I'm running on single channel, but still, I got this 'POST - Failed'. I've tried my other memory but still, I got that 'POST - Failed'. I will try dual channel ASAP.

Thanx for your answer. I took 1 stick out n' now I'm running on single channel, but still, I got this 'POST - Failed'. I've tried my other memory but still, I got that 'POST - Failed'. I will try dual channel ASAP.

Weird. Check out your BIOS and/or DSDT. Try removing the SMBIOS.plist or something. Is this POST - Failed recent or you have since long time ?

Anyway, you shouldn't post here. This thread is about the bootloader, and I don't think this issue is from the bootloader. You should open a thread in a correct section.

@ErmaC

Hi, I just noticed you forgotten to update the first post of this thread, about the translations status.

I'm very busy...

soon I do the change...

With the new layout all the language are incomplete :)

@ Blackosx... :o I have a lot of work... :P

Well better now... :)

Maybe a poll to choose a background?

Tonight I reorganizing this first post on this tread,

with link for the proper correction... of course any new language is welcome...

Fabio

I see InsanelyMac is back up at last!

Hey, I saw you updated your Description.html file for the Installer. And that you applied this file into all the localization folders. And about that, I noticed a little detail, since you written the ATi brand based on its logo, I assume Nvidia should be written the same : "nVIDIA".

Anyway, I just updated my French translation to comply the new version.

Thanks for the french translation. Fabio has since updated the Description.html's.

In the end, I opted to change ATi to ATI and leave Nvidia with a capital N.

@ Blackosx... :o I have a lot of work... :)

Hi Fabio - Yep, sorry about that, but as discussed at Voodooproject's forum, the package installer code had reached the point for inclusion to the trunk and the languages had to be reset to match the new layout. I see you've already begun making inroads for updating them - well done.

I won't touch them again (unless necessary) :)

Weird. Check out your BIOS and/or DSDT. Try removing the SMBIOS.plist or something. Is this POST - Failed recent or you have since long time ?

Anyway, you shouldn't post here. This thread is about the bootloader, and I don't think this issue is from the bootloader. You should open a thread in a correct section.

Now I'm running dual channel, with matched sticks, still I got this 'POST - Failed'. I don't think there's something in BIOS that I can change since some settings are locked by default. The reason I posted it here because I thought it was a bug. But thanx anyway, I will open a new thread in a correct section.

@ErmaC / Fabio

Hi, I just noticed a few mistakes on the first post. Mainly grammar mistakes. I would like to correct some. Here we go.

This first post is temporally edited until the language files have been translated and merged to main chameleon trunk(package).

The downloads are available at voodooproject.

Please, if you use the installer, be sure to take precautions, since the scripts have not been tested too much.

I do not consider myself responsible for any loss of data on your hard drives.

Previously, it was raised here (collected), a lot of languages...

Here the Resources folder update as of revision 1678.

Oh, I might be mistaken on this, and some people could see this as a mocking from me, it's not. Thanks.

@ErmaC / Fabio

Hi, I just noticed a few mistakes on the first post. Mainly grammar mistakes. I would like to correct some. Here we go.

Oh, I might be mistaken on this, and some people could see this as a mocking from me, it's not. Thanks.

:)

Thx!

Tonight I will update the Resources I receive some PM with translations.

:P

Thx all!

Fabio

@ErmaC / Fabio

Here is updated macedonian translation of chameleon.

Thx people...

So is very quickly update the Language!

just a missed things... (my fault)

Translated by : Your nickname

Credits.png

I add it into Welcome file.

Fabio

While buildbot is down, if anybody is looking for the latest Chameleon binaries/package installer then I've attached trunk revision 1686 here.

Chameleon_2.1svn_r1691_binaries.zipChameleon_2.1svn_r1691.pkg.zip

@Babiloe - No idea. I haven't any of those drives to test.

@desper@do - You've not included any information for anyone to help you. Try looking for a topic dedicated to your hardware.

Hi,

I have a Snow Lepard (10.6.8) install running on a ASUS box with DSDT & now I am trying to upgrade it to Lion.

Currently, I am running Chameleon v2.0 RC5 r748.

Can I know what should be the Chameleon version that support Lion install?

Thanks

Mathew

Hi,

I have a Snow Lepard (10.6.8) install running on a ASUS box with DSDT & now I am trying to upgrade it to Lion.

Currently, I am running Chameleon v2.0 RC5 r748.

Can I know what should be the Chameleon version that support Lion install?

Thanks

Mathew

Simply use the latest available Chameleon 2.1 binaries.

Update.

I commit the Language provided by many users thanks!

Here the new and updated file (the same of main trunk code)

The Archive contain also some "extra" language not been included into main trunk /Package/Resource

Any volunteer?

bs.lproj Bosnian

fi.lproj Finnish

hu.lproj Hungarian

ko.lproj Korean

ro.lproj Romanian

sv.lproj Swedish

tr.lproj Turkish

Resources 1694

Fabio

Update.

I commit the Language provided by many users thanks!

Here the new and updated file (the same of main trunk code)

The Archive contain also some "extra" language not been included into main trunk /Package/Resource

Any volunteer?

bs.lproj Bosnian

fi.lproj Finnish

hu.lproj Hungarian

ko.lproj Korean

ro.lproj Romanian

sv.lproj Swedish

tr.lproj Turkish

Resources 1694

Fabio

L'll do the translation for Bosnian ! :)

L'll do the translation for Bosnian ! :(

Here is - BOSNIAN !

Greetings !

bs.lproj.zip