Chameleon 2.4svn Official PKG Installer

ErmaC
4,261 posts in this topic

Fabio,

Here is Croatian translation ! Serbian translation, soon! :)

Greatings !

Thx!

Also the "status" in the first topic is updated.

• 100% Language code: en English thx to Blackosx
  • 100% Language code: es Spanish thx to juanerson
  • 100% Language code: fr French thx to Tenval
  • 100% Language code: zh_CN Chinese thx to ulimate & crazybirdy
  • 100% Language code: zh_TW Chinese thx to ulimate & crazybirdy
  • 100% Language code: it Italian thx to ErmaC & scrax
  • 100% Language code: mk Macedonian thx to kn6600
  • 100% Language code: pt-PT Portuguese thx to artur_pt
  • 100% Language code: pl Polish thx to janek202
  • 100% Language code: pt-BR Brazilian/Portuguese thx to oldnapalm
  • 100% Language code: bs Bosnian thx to mlstudio
  • 100% Language code: hr Croatian thx to mlstudio
  • 80% Language code: de German thx to !Xabbu
  • 80% Language code: id Indonesian thx to Rudolf Tingginehe
  • 80% Language code: sr Serbian thx to mlstudio
  • 70% Language code: ar Arabic thx to Mohamed Khairy
  • 40% Language code: bg Bulgarian thx to rendnous
  • 40% Language code: he Hebrew thx to XLR
  • 40% Language code: nl Netherlands thx to yeehaw123
  • 20% Language code: ru Russian thx to ???
  • 10% Language code: el Greek thx to ???
  • 0% Language code: ja Japanese thx to ???
  • 0% Language code: fi Finnish thx to ???
  • 0% Language code: hu Hungarian thx to ???
  • 0% Language code: ko Korean thx to ???
  • 0% Language code: ro Romanian thx to ???
  • 0% Language code: sv Swedish thx to ???
  • 0% Language code: tr Turkish thx to ???

Fabio

Update.

I commit the Language provided by many users thanks!

Here the new and updated file (the same of main trunk code)

The Archive contain also some "extra" language not been included into main trunk /Package/Resource

Any volunteer?

Resources 1695

fi.lproj Finnish

hu.lproj Hungarian

ko.lproj Korean

ro.lproj Romanian

sv.lproj Swedish

tr.lproj Turkish

ca.lproj Catalan

cs.lproj Czech

da.lproj Danish

ms.lproj Malaysian

no.lproj Norwegian

sk.lproj Slovak

th.lproj Thai

uk.lproj Ukrainian

vi.lproj Vietnamese

Fabio

Dont touch this one I did and all is fdup. Having a hard time to revert to something that works now and still no go. Typing this from an old Leo install I had as backup. If Im unlucky my SL install is gone. This is the second time I try one of these updates but the last time I actually managed to get it back up running ok again with an older version chameleon (619) but not this time with this updtate so.....

I managed to get back to an earlier version chameleon at last, wasnt easy for sure. Lucky me I had a backup SL HDD on the shelf I totally forgot I actually had. Dont ask me how or what I did it was a mess for sure not sure just luck I guess. What I did realize though is that good old Leo is pretty ok even though it wouldnt let me revert chameleon on a SL install. Makes me wonder though if SL or Lion really is any better for real, I mean compared to Leo. While I had Leo up running trying to sort this mess I didnt feel like they are to be honest.

I managed to get back to an earlier version chameleon at last, wasnt easy for sure. Lucky me I had a backup SL HDD on the shelf I totally forgot I actually had. Dont ask me how or what I did it was a mess for sure not sure just luck I guess. What I did realize though is that good old Leo is pretty ok even though it wouldnt let me revert chameleon on a SL install. Makes me wonder though if SL or Lion really is any better for real, I mean compared to Leo. While I had Leo up running trying to sort this mess I didnt feel like they are to be honest.

It is your own personal responsibility to first test any beta Chameleon installers on a spare partition or have an alternate OS X partition from which you can boot or at least enter the command prompt. You ramble nonsensically all over the InsanelyMac forum while providing no supporting data or any other viable information as to the actual causes of your failures. In other words, your posts are literally meaningless.

It is your own personal responsibility to first test any beta Chameleon installers on a spare partition or at least have an alternate OS X partition from which you can boot or at least enter the command prompt. You ramble nonsensically all over the InsanelyMac forum while providing no supporting data or any other viable information as to the actual causes of your failures. In other words, your posts are literally meaningless.

Its not meaningless to tell theres a problem with it, you really think so? These updates should work for most of the hardware we use here today shouldnt they since not many try to run SL or Lion on old gear like 478 or similar older systems.

Isnt this the Chameleon 2.1svn Official PKG Installer & Binaries thread?

Isnt the updated installer pass the beta?

Problem turned out spinning wheel on apple logo and stayed there, is this important info how could you help using this bit of info? All is the same regarding my settings and extra and com apple boot p list (even renamed it like I should) as with the older chameleons Ive used. So a couple of posts in two threads = ramble all over the forum are you for real?

If you have noticed over the years a great number of us here just wanna use our hacks and were not so interested in the deep digging coding knowing it all. The speed everything progresses these days make you pretty much need to update to do just the simplest thing and if youre one of us you can be in trouble.

For example theres no way to use Itunes like you have to today if you have stuff you need to get and only can get on Itunes if youre not on at least latest SL = you have to get your hands dirty no matter what you think or want or have the knowledge to you just have to do it.

It isnt that far fetched that you would think the latest chameleon ofcourse should work better with the latest SL so ofcourse you would wanna try it wouldnt you?

Etc etc etc etc etc

My hardware on this comp:

GA EP45 DS3

Q6600

two 7300 gs cards

Sata drives

It has happen many times over the years people here saying they actually know what they do but reality showed different and I have paid for that a few times mildly spoken. So {censored} happens in both "teams" teams I guess

Look at the amount of overcomplecated installation threads for just the OS its no mystery newbies ask as the "silly questions".

Etc etc etc etc

And yes I have contributed here too was a while back I know that. No heavy stuff like programming something like the chameleon but one example is the changes I found out you could do in the plist in one of the NVinject.kext has helped a few guys.

And yes I am very greatfull for all the good work people do here make no misstake about that but I get Pd off when something like this happens so I start post stuff so the people that cant fix it like I can take it easy and dont do it before its safe.

What exactly happens with the latest version of Chameleon for you starobrno1 as I see you posted a similar report to the Chameleon Wizard topic?

It boots in to the apple logo screen but stay there with spinning wheel, doesnt help boot -v or -x nothing. My guess its something with the graphics since I dont use chameleon "built in" but the NVinject.kext I edited so I can use my good old 7300gs cards. Got two of them in this old gap45 ds3 hack. DSDT and all is the same and nothing got changed in the extra/extension, renamed the plist to the new cham.... and all too like you should but still same =no go.

here more the indonesian translated. if not 100% let me know. Fabio.

PS: Hopefully Chameleon can handle 4K HDD next built.

Regards from indonesia.

THX now is 100%

I will commit soon

Fabio

EDIT:

Commit 1700

and update the first page.

Hi starobrno1

Isnt the updated installer pass the beta?

Yes, the installer is now in the trunk, but that's not to say it's perfect or completely finished. It can still be made better and tweaked as time goes on.

It boots in to the apple logo screen but stay there with spinning wheel, doesnt help boot -v or -x nothing. My guess its something with the graphics since I dont use chameleon "built in" but the NVinject.kext I edited so I can use my good old 7300gs cards. Got two of them in this old gap45 ds3 hack. DSDT and all is the same and nothing got changed in the extra/extension, renamed the plist to the new cham.... and all too like you should but still same =no go.

From what you describe, your problem does look to be a video one. Now, I've never tried running dual video cards in my hack so you will have more experience than me with the finer details of doing so.

But I guess you will already know that since 10.6.2 the 7 series nvidia cards only work with the kernel booted in 32-bit mode?

I'm not sure about this, but if using Chameleon's graphics enabler works for you when you use a single card then maybe there is a way to run both your cards. I recently read of a change made by Mohamed Khairy to enable his dual cards. See issue #193. This might work, or it might not, but if you would like to test it then i can post a boot file with the change - let me know.

Also, you have said that you have always had to revert to Chameleon rev619 for your system. Any particular reason for this? I mean did the next revision of the Chameleon trunk, rev630 not work for you?

Hi starobrno1

Yes, the installer is now in the trunk, but that's not to say it's perfect or completely finished. It can still be made better and tweaked as time goes on.

From what you describe, your problem does look to be a video one. Now, I've never tried running dual video cards in my hack so you will have more experience than me with the finer details of doing so.

But I guess you will already know that since 10.6.2 the 7 series nvidia cards only work with the kernel booted in 32-bit mode?

I'm not sure about this, but if using Chameleon's graphics enabler works for you when you use a single card then maybe there is a way to run both your cards. I recently read of a change made by Mohamed Khairy to enable his dual cards. See issue #193. This might work, or it might not, but if you would like to test it then i can post a boot file with the change - let me know.

Also, you have said that you have always had to revert to Chameleon rev619 for your system. Any particular reason for this? I mean did the next revision of the Chameleon trunk, rev630 not work for you?

Thanks for the reply and for the offer to help.

Im not sure but I think Ive had it up running in 64 bit on at least the 10.6.4 which is the version I updated to 10.6.8 from. But like I said its been a while since I tested 64 bit so I might mix things up. I have a 64 bit NVinject.kext for SL somewhere round here and I did the same edit to that as to the 32 bit to make it work with my cards. Its no heavy coding (cause I just cant do that Im just a basic user) I did its a very simple edit to the plist of the kext to change NVCAP to match a few cards Ive had over the years.

The 619 was pretty much just the first I found that made it boot up and the only reason I used it, to be honest I had totally forgot what I was using lol.

Thanks for the offer with Mohamed Khairy s boot file but Ive found out the NVinject.kext I use works pretty ok with my 7300 gs cards. I have tried a few other solutions over the years but the reading up and experimenting I had to do always resulted with the same performance anyway so I honestly dont think these cards can perform better than what they do in a hackmac with just the NVinject.kext. I have all the functions I need working quartz and all so its ok. As to the 64 bit Im not sure it would make any difference with the fake quadcore that the q6600 cpu really is so I think I will run only 32 bit on this one. I have an i7 I with Lion on so Im prepared for the future lol.

Anyway many thanks for the offer to help, have it good as we say over here.

(If I get the time Ill check out if I can make it run 64 bit and the cards still work with the 64 bit NVinject.kext with the 10.6.8 and dig up my old thread and report there)

ko.lproj.zip

Hello developers, here's Korean(ko) translation made by myself from latest available chameleon Resources_1700.

I took a lot of good info from this from since S/L days to get my first hackintosh running, but didn't give anything back yet. so when I saw the translation volunteer request post, I couldn't pass this opportunity for me to contribute to making Chameleon spread globally.

Everything is translated (even the license.rtf from official source) and ready for the release.

I hope this helps thousands of folks in Korea with no ambiguous installations anymore

since installing boot loader is the first step in turning pc into mac

btw, I've no software knowledge, so I couldn't test it(you know building the .pkg to see if it's working)

if you find any errors, please let me know and I'll correct that and repost within 24 hrs.

ps. all Korean are written in Mac default Korean font, AppleGothic. idk if it matters but i just thought

missing fonts in other computer could mess things up.

ko.lproj.zip

What about booting Linux Software RAID (md), with a 2x1TB RAID1-array ?

Has anyone got any success with it or this feature's still not been implemented in Chameleon ?

I've tried to do this but it seems the only way Chameleon sees a foreign/another OS is when it

is on a singe partition (alongside with its bootcode).

In every other possible setup, Chameleon doesn't see other OS'es but Mac.