Chameleon 2.4svn Official PKG Installer

ErmaC
4,261 posts in this topic

Need Feedback on Chameleon Nightly Builds

I was thinking of making nightly Chameleon builds available for people to download , which means that you do not have to compile chameleon builds nor seek somebody to put up latest chameleon builds in message board. This allows you test out latest version of chameleon without the need of hunting down installers.

I would like to know your thoughts on this and what do you think about this idea. Feel free to post if you think its a great idea or not. I’ll be giving it a test run in a day or two times. Basically I am trying to come up with an automated script which would automatically fetch latest chameleon from svn , compile it and put it up as binaries in my ftp repo , so that you can download it and test out the latest version.

Of course , its just the binaries , which means that you would have to do a simple installation by yourself to enjoy the latest bug fixes and variations of chameleon !

http://prasys.info/2010/10/need-feedback-o...nightly-builds/

I have it ready, Fabio. Please PM me with how you want me to send it to you.

It's not Greek.lproj but el.lproj. We were not blessed with Apple's full-name country language :D

Hi MacKonsti

you can post in this tread no problem.

_______

Hi all.

I update the dummy pkg

Include also ??Greek??(English folder)

Update Polish and German

Fabio

Hi MacKonsti

you can post in this tread no problem.

_______

Hi all.

I update the dummy pkg

Include also ??Greek??(English folder)

Update Polish and German

Fabio

hi Fabio,

it seems, that the dummy pkg is broken. Here some log entries:

- CFServiceControllerBeginPBSLoadForLocalizations timed out while talking to pbs

- [iFPkg(Info_Conversion_Private) _parseOldStyleForLanguage:] - can't find .info file (Chameleon-2.0-RC5-r596-Dummy)

Or is somthing wrong with my MBP? ;-)

hi Fabio,

it seems, that the dummy pkg is broken. Here some log entries:

- CFServiceControllerBeginPBSLoadForLocalizations timed out while talking to pbs

- [iFPkg(Info_Conversion_Private) _parseOldStyleForLanguage:] - can't find .info file (Chameleon-2.0-RC5-r596-Dummy)

Or is somthing wrong with my MBP? ;-)

... :(

Try V2

Fabio

There is an error in Chinese localizable.strings, it should be boot0, not boot0hfs.

"Standard_title" = "Chameleon标准安装";

"Standard_description" = "此选项将安装3个核心文件并写入boot0hfs到boot0的前440字节,以此避免损坏已有的Windows代码。在boot0之后再从第一活动分区里搜索boot1h。

*此选项会激活目标分区。";

This Chinese localizable.strings is Simplified Chinese (zh_CN), I don't see Traditional Chinese (zh_TW) in Resouces.zip. Should I go ahead for Traditional Chinese??

[update]

Anyway, here is language for Traditional Chinese.

zh_TW.lproj.zip

I installed the latest chameleon 593 and i guess it corrupted my MBR because i can't boot no more under Windows7, i get the winload.exe missing error.

the 582 installer was working perfectly.

confirming this, it needs to flag the windows partition as active, recover it with boot dvd, then flag chameleon partition as active back. 

Same here. I unwittingly installed r598 over r563 3 daus ago. I did not windows much so the problem was not detected untill this morning. At first I did not believe and tried twice and it broke my windows both times. I had to reintall wins again and used a different package.

Total cost of labor= 3 hours.

There is an error in Chinese localizable.strings, it should be boot0, not boot0hfs.

"Standard_title" = "Chameleon标准安装";

"Standard_description" = "此选项将安装3个核心文件并写入boot0hfs到boot0的前440字节,以此避免损坏已有的Windows代码。在boot0之后再从第一活动分区里搜索boot1h。

*此选项会激活目标分区。";

This Chinese localizable.strings is Simplified Chinese (zh_CN), I don't see Traditional Chinese (zh_TW) in Resouces.zip. Should I go ahead for Traditional Chinese??

[update]

Anyway, here is language for Traditional Chinese.

sorry guys.... what about the efi install in chameleon r599? didn't see it in "ad hoc" installation... tnx for the work

If I recall correctly, there is an issue with EFI installation using automatic script in the pkg. It means the problem is already acknowledged by the pkg developer & I think it is already explained in this thread. I know you don't want to hear this but the only solution right now is by doing it manually. :(

Where is the link for r602?

Hi kup

r602 was a change in Azimuth's branch and doesn't affect the trunk. The chameleon trunk is only at r580.

EDIT: after reading this again, I guess you're asking for iFabio's latest installer: rev. 602 (Trunk 580) - I don't see it either :)

Hi kup

r602 was a change in Azimuth's branch and doesn't affect the trunk. The chameleon trunk is only at r580.

EDIT: after reading this again, I guess you're asking for iFabio's latest installer: rev. 602 (Trunk 580) - I don't see it either :rolleyes:

:P

I add the rev 602 (It's the same code as 580 :P)

I just add

{ 0x10DE0DC4, "GeForce GTS 450" },

in the nvidia source (and no idea if this work... a user ask me if is possible.. but I don't know).

Build with PackageMaker

Fabio

Chameleon by Graphics Enabler = yes successfully enables first GPU of my Geforce GTX 295 card, but how to enable other GPU?(I think it's the same as enabling two cards in system, but I don't know how to enable two cards also).

So, I have my 1005HA Running 10.6.0 fine for months. I decide to update to 10.6.4 to check out iLife '11 and Facetime Beta. I was using Chameleon RC5, installed from the package in this thread (not sure specifically which version). Now I installed 10.6.4, and I can't even go as far as to get a KP, because after reading all my kexts, it freezes, when in verbose, it gives the message "Using PCI-Root UID Value: 0"

Anybody have a solution here, that doesn't involve me wiping my harddrive? If it involves something like a Linux CD, I'm all ears. I just don't want to have to shuffle 1 TB of data around, so I can re-install. Worst comes to worst, I'll pick up an 8 GB USB stick when payday rolls around, so I can have a permanent OS X install "disc"

EDIT: So... I'm just kinda futzing around now, and it would seem that Boot Think on my PSP's memstick seems to have solved my problems, now I just gotta play with some Kexts to get things back up and running 100% but everything seems to be fine... I'm confused

EDIT 2: Alright, I'm going to have to go ahead and find out what version of this I'm using, because it would appear this version has a problem with building KEXT caches. When the cache doesn't need to be rebuilt, it appears to be working just fine. Guess I'm gonna be foregoing sleep and prodding at this bug, seeing if it's been corrected or not

Dear iFabio, here is the localized strings for el_lproj (Greek).

I am sorry for the delay--I had started creating the menu translations last month, but in the meantime I lost my job and among other documents, these files stayed on my office computer that I only retrieved a few days ago.

Please contact me by PM if you need me to add/change/fix anything! I hope you haven't added any more strings these last few builds :P

Thank you for your hard work.

Konsti

Greek_el.lproj.zip

Dear iFabio, here is the localized strings for el_lproj (Greek).

THX!

So....

- Update the Resource file!

- Update the Dummy.pkg!

- Update the PackageMaker pkg to rev 611 (I add the 4 theme "Default - embed - legacy and mint theme ")

Enjoy!

Fabio

Thanks!

CAn you make any comment about the "activate partition" feature? Is it made or must i do that later by fdisk ?

EDIT (self answer): boot0 install does setting partition active.

open (PIPE, "|fdisk -e /dev/".$disk."|");

print PIPE "f ".$partition."\n";