Chameleon 2.4svn Official PKG Installer

ErmaC
4,261 posts in this topic

raimdal, you're getting this error because AppleLPC.kext is not loading and it's not loading because it cannot "see" LPC device and it cannot "see" LPC device because the device has different Dev ID from the one in the kext's plist, etc... solution - you must modify your DSDT. Check "DSDT editor and patcher" thread. This editor has all the fixes that you might need. Also there is a number of Dell threads, check them...

Good luck !!!

I have translated RC5 in dutch. I have added the translation as a attachment.

I will translate the prefpanel, when I have more time.

English.lproj.zip

THX I add it

Will be present in the next pkg.

@ yeehaw123 the localizable strings you "traslate" is incomplete...

in the first page of this tread I add a link for resources it contain all the actual language with the localizable.strings file.

same in first page resource file HERE

Fabio

Yep, i wanted to ask similar question too - having a panel in System Preferences doesn't make

much sense too, if it cannot "get in touch" with the EFI-partition :)

How's the panel supposed to control Chameleon, when it sits on a separate EFI-partition

and what are the plans in this matter ?

Thanx for any enlightenment on the subject.

raimdal, you're getting this error because AppleLPC.kext is not loading and it's not loading because it cannot "see" LPC device and it cannot "see" LPC device because the device has different Dev ID from the one in the kext's plist, etc... solution - you must modify your DSDT. Check "DSDT editor and patcher" thread. This editor has all the fixes that you might need. Also there is a number of Dell threads, check them...

Good luck !!!

Thank you very much, but I am not really able in this....I will try when I will have much time. bye

C-states are not yet possible on our rigs. All XPS M1530's (among others) are plagued by this kernel error at boot up.

I'm not sure of this, I have 2 hd, the internal one give me this error, but the usb one with the same system don't give it....I can't understand why....also if I clone the usb inside there is not changed....bo!?

I'm not sure of this, I have 2 hd, the internal one give me this error, but the usb one with the same system don't give it....I can't understand why....also if I clone the usb inside there is not changed....bo!?

Quite unfortunately, it is a matter of fact. Reference thread: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=190780

THX I add it

Will be present in the next pkg.

@ yeehaw123 the localizable strings you "traslate" is incomplete...

in the first page of this tread I add a link for resources it contain all the actual language with the localizable.strings file.

same in first page resource file HERE

Fabio

Is it correct like this?

Dutch.lproj.zip

Furthermore, what files should be translated from the prefpanel? Is it Chameleon.strings and Localizable.strings?

I'm guessing the .nib file should not be translated, as it gave me a bunch of code that was not readable.

i want to thank you for this package

for the first time i installed snow leopard RETAIL using this package

1º formated a pen 2GB and installed this package there

2º add my mobo kexts + DSDT and boot option file in extra folder (on pen drive)

3º i boot with pen and than select SL retail DVD

4º install OSX and reboot (not a single error in install) , boot again config the language etc

5º install the kexts and this package on new OSX instalation and VOILA!

i have tried all boot cd´s out there and none was able to boot the original SL Retail (always kernel panic) but this package made the work like a charm

many thanks ;)

Is it correct like this?

Dutch.lproj.zip

Furthermore, what files should be translated from the prefpanel? Is it Chameleon.strings and Localizable.strings?

I'm guessing the .nib file should not be translated, as it gave me a bunch of code that was not readable.

yep!

Duch is complete too ;)

Fabio

hi

Ive a Problem.

When i disable Legacy USB in Bios i cant enter the Boot Selection Menu when booting with Chameleon because my Keyboard donst work here without Legacy USB.

For some REasons i want disabel Legacy USB. Is tehera fix for Chamneleon to use it without Legacy USB or what is the Problem ?

I have finally updated (basically, I translated it again) Localizable.strings of Polish translation for new version of Chameleon Installer.

A also updated other files (there were few little mistakes), so please update all the files (except license.rtf). Thank You.

Polish translation should be ok for this version of Package Installer.

Edit: I will also try to translate Chameleon Pref Pane into polish.

Polish.lproj.zip

hi

Ive a Problem.

When i disable Legacy USB in Bios i cant enter the Boot Selection Menu when booting with Chameleon because my Keyboard donst work here without Legacy USB.

For some REasons i want disabel Legacy USB. Is tehera fix for Chamneleon to use it without Legacy USB or what is the Problem ?

Hi this is the wrong place to ask. This thread is about the Chameleon Package Installer. Search for topics related to

you're Mobo, also adding signature with you're hardware will help others help you.. :blink:

Thx guys

I have finally updated (basically, I translated it again) Localizable.strings of Polish translation for new version of Chameleon Installer.

A also updated other files (there were few little mistakes), so please update all the files (except license.rtf). Thank You.

Polish translation should be ok for this version of Package Installer.

Edit: I will also try to translate Chameleon Pref Pane into polish.

Hi, I just translated and wrote the Localizable.strings for Simplified Chinese, I guess you my add Chinese UI to Chameleon and try ;)
Updated the translation file to Spanish, with the corrections of the accents and complementary information. Thanks to miliuco for the suggestion. I have eliminated the previous one. Cheers.

I need just a little bit of time to work on this... :P

I think to make a "dummy" pkg to test the language (no installer and no file inside) only for test the localized language... i think can be useful...

I see last changes in the trunk now 582 (trunk 580) be patient...

the project is little complicate to manage.. but will be post.

Fabio

The customization menu's polish translation in dummy PKG seems to be ok. No problems with descriptions or names.

There is only one mistake in the description, I have added an updated file in my package in previous post.

Everything ok here in dummy PKG Spanish (prior) translation. Therefore, it would have also to works the updated file with all the accents corrected... sorry for that.

EDIT: Now Excellent in V3. I will follow the thread for the news, so if I can help I will do it. Cheers.