Chameleon 2.4svn Official PKG Installer

ErmaC
4,261 posts in this topic

Everything ok here in dummy PKG Spanish (prior) translation. Therefore, it would have also to works the updated file with all the accents corrected... sorry for that.

V3 correct it too

Fabio

@ janek202

try the V2 if is ok now I add your description.html in the package.. I forgot it sorry...

Fabio

Sure, no problem.

I tested V3. Everything seems to be ok. I think polish translation is finished for this version of Installer. When new options will be added, I will also translate them.

hi,

here is the German localization for the installer.

Sorry, I'm to stupid to place it into the dummy for testing :-)

So here it is untested.

THX update too

I post the new dummy pkg

and the new pkg from rev593(trunk 580)

there is some lproblem with scripts the standard options works (boot0)

the script for boot0hfs still not set the partition active, the other two option still not working for now... so pls don't use it

In this package we have add the "mint" theme by blackosx and Enzo

Enjoy

Fabio

I'm getting an installation error with the recently updated r593 package.

I have 2 suggestions/questions :

1. Sometimes i get no proper wake after sleep (although sleep is working),

so i have to manually reset the box.

Then a message appears "Resuming from encrypted image is unsupported.

Uncheck "use secure virtual memory"...

This was not a problem with previous builds of Chameleon

2. Chameleon doesn't show partition names, especially of Linux partitions.

I observed this on both pure GPT and on GPT/Hybrid MBR-drives,

it just says "Linux" although i name every single partition.

Syncing GPT with MBR-tables doesn't bring anything with it,

all Linux partitions just remain wih "Linux"-names...

Will there be any improvements on this functions, especially on resuming from encrypted image ?

Thanx !

+1  ;)

Oct 13 2010 unofficial pkg Please read this info about this package rev 593

Chameleon Option:

** The Chameleon Standard option does not set the active flag **

** Format EFI to FAT then install using FAT option = Installation Failed **

** Format EFI to HFS+ then install using FAT option = Installation Failed **

About the Mint theme... Ok I add it now... sorry I forgot...(manage lot of file is not easy).

Fabio

I invite anyone with knowledge of scripting to participate here, your help is appreciated.

About the Mint theme... Ok I add it now... sorry I forgot...(manage lot of file is not easy).

Fabio

I invite anyone with knowledge of scripting to participate here, your help is appreciated.

It is understandable. As expected, yet another incredible minimalistic theme from Enzo!

I specifically asked because his OS X mods are indeed the best.

Thank You for all your efforts as well, iFabio!

Now, back to topic....

hi,

here some corrections for the German localization.

Ok I add it too (next pkg)

I update the resource with all language

Is needed translate the info about the mint theme and theme info ( you can see it is not trrasladed in your language :))

From English localizable.strings

// Themes
"Themes_title" = "Themes";
"Themes_description" = "A collection of sample themes
More themes can be found at htt p://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/...7.0.html";
"Mint_title" = "Mint";
"Mint_description" = "A 'Mint'theme from Blackosx and Enzo";

// Extras

I add greek (Is just the English folder renamed in Greek.lproj ... maybe anyone can translate it???)

Fabio

Be patient with the boot option...we try to find the right solution

Hi, iFabio , i have an background/information question:

i seen that you switched from fdisk440 to fdisk in some scripts of the installer.

Isnt fdisk440 working for all part types (MBR/GPT) or all fileytpes HFS/FAT ? thanks

Isnt fdisk440 working for all part types (MBR/GPT) or all fileytpes HFS/FAT ? thanks

Hi mitch

fdisk440 will do everything that's needed so it could be used, but from a scripting point of view I think it's just easier to use Apple's fdisk for anything other than writing boot0hfs as the script can just use 'fdisk' rather than '/path/to/fdisk440'.

In General:

I see that that is listed since longer time.

Whats the background of that "feature" not setting the selected partition active ?

(I have MBR type install and need that if i install chameleon on an fresh hd/partition)

And

I add greek (Is just the English folder renamed in Greek.lproj ... maybe anyone can translate it???)

Fabio

Be patient with the boot option...we try to find the right solution

I have it ready, Fabio. Please PM me with how you want me to send it to you.

It's not Greek.lproj but el.lproj. We were not blessed with Apple's full-name country language :)

In General:

I see that that is listed since longer time.

Whats the background of that "feature" not setting the selected partition active ?

(I have MBR type install and need that if i install chameleon on an fresh hd/partition)

And

hi mitch_de,

background is e.g.: if you have Windows installed too and it's Partition is not set active, you won't have sleep function.

... background is e.g.: if you have Windows installed too and it's Partition is not set active, you won't have sleep function.
Just I want to comment that I have only one GUID disk partitions... So, I made the installation of Chameleon by selecting the choice with "boot0hfs" on my first (disk0s2) Primary and "Active" Snow partition, then I have Windows7 on second partition (disk0s3) which is Primary too, but of course NOT Active (was Active "only" during W7 installation process, see kizwan on my signature)... and SLEEP works perfect on both systems. I think the key is because that option (boot0hfs) do not destroy any windows boot code (MBR), while the "standard" option will break that code... "at least was my case"... The chameleon (.pkg r593) installation broke my windows boot sector using "standard", but repaired from DVD. Maybe is not recommended (or Im wrong) to use that option on Multi boot... I don't know. Good Luck to everyone.