[HowTo] X1600/X1800 Full Support (Borisbadenov Method)

munky

710 posts in this topic

Yes right!

you can go back to 2.7...

If you updated directly from 2.7 to 3.2 then just do the simple deinstall (deinstallscript)

If you deinstalled 2.7 and installed 3.2 then you have to deinstall 3.2 and then install 2.7 again!

Good luck!

And: What do you say to my new sig and my avatar? :angel:

And: What do you say to my new sig and my avatar? :happymac:

Its nice, but i'd round the edges of the sig. EDIT- Much nicer :blink:

I had this problem with my GMA950 and 10.4.6 install. On a goof I added my desktop resolution to the boot plist in the SystemConfig (sorry Im at work and can't give the exact path and filename). Anyway its the file you would modify if you wanted a different resolution on bootup.

This works for me and after wakeing my monitor is back to 1280x1024 like it should be.

If you could expand on this..... so others can try it. I'll try it when i have a running system :D

It does NOT support DVI!

and my x1600 arrived today!!! :D

ok i installed the patch and now... ITS WORKING!!! SOOOO FAST!!! :D

Great great great!!! ^^

Cya...

I followed this guide, and now I have full resolution (1680x1050), DVI, rotation and no artifact! But I'm missing QE and CI! How can I add those features! I now they are supported on the EAX1600XT!

Any suggestions!?

Sorry, its me again! New version 3.2 out!

News:

-Superhai told me theres a devid for x1900 in the new kexts! so i added this too :)

we DON'T know if this is working so: please tell us if this is working with some x1900 models!

I installed this on my X1900XTX in 10.4.5. Upon reboot the screen is red with blue lines. Can't see anything. Display is Dell 24" LCD.

I need your help!!

I recently installed OSX86 10.4.6 (+10.4.7 update) on my compitable PC! I running with a EAX1600XT slient from ASUS, and from the beginning, after deleting the ATI kexts, it showed up in native resolution (1680x1050) via DVI, with rotation, sleep ect working. The only thing I cannot giet to work is QE and CI - and I KNOW that it can work, because several memebers in here have reported that the EAX1600XT is one of the best cars for OSX86! So I must be doing something wrong!?

I tried editing the ATIX1000Radeon kexts (Boris method) - that gave me full resolution ect, but NO EQ/CI. I then tried the Boris' patch (the one from NeoPheus) and when it boots into OSX86 it gives me A LOT of artifacts, both with VGA DVI, and after a while it just hangs and I can't do anything!? I actually got to check the info about 'My Mac' before it began to hang, at it showed me that the QE and CI was supported! So that must mean the it is possible!??

What do I do???

Hello all and thanks, im 100 percent working (i think). I have no artifacts and full resolution support.

I am using the goatsecs dvd with 10,4,6 (sse3 10,4,4 kernal).

My Xbench is 71,24

One little problem - No ripple effect on dashboard. It kind of stutters a bit then stops, everything else i think works fine. Maybe

My setup - AMD Sempron64 2600+, 80gb harddisk ide, nforce4 motherboard, usb sound hercules pocket.

I have disabled beamsync and i have activated uartz 2d extreme with QuartzSimple

Below is my system info for my graphic card

Radeon X1600 Series:

Chipset Model: Radeon X1600 Series

Type: VGA-Compatible Controller

Bus: PCIe

Slot: PCIEX1_2

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x71c2

Revision ID: 0x0000

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 75 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz 2D Extreme: Supported

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

I need your help!!

I recently installed OSX86 10.4.6 (+10.4.7 update) on my compitable PC! I running with a EAX1600XT slient from ASUS, and from the beginning, after deleting the ATI kexts, it showed up in native resolution (1680x1050) via DVI, with rotation, sleep ect working. The only thing I cannot giet to work is QE and CI - and I KNOW that it can work, because several memebers in here have reported that the EAX1600XT is one of the best cars for OSX86! So I must be doing something wrong!?

I tried editing the ATIX1000Radeon kexts (Boris method) - that gave me full resolution ect, but NO EQ/CI. I then tried the Boris' patch (the one from NeoPheus) and when it boots into OSX86 it gives me A LOT of artifacts, both with VGA DVI, and after a while it just hangs and I can't do anything!? I actually got to check the info about 'My Mac' before it began to hang, at it showed me that the QE and CI was supported! So that must mean the it is possible!??

What do I do???

Hi hanZen,

The patch from NeoPheus doesn't work with the Asus EAX1600XT. It never worked with mine (I tested several version of the patch with no sucess. Each times I got artefacts too).

The best solution is to follow the tutorial of this topic (First page), and apply the hack as described.

Be sure, that you will get CI and QE working with no artefacts. :-)

GREAT NEWS GUYS i tired neo patch in x1400 mobility before by using boris method i was gettin kernel panics but now i didnt now i get a black screen and it says VGA matchin failed on startup! its not really great but one step ahead!!

Hey there!

Sorry for the long waiting time!

Why the patch doesn't work with EAX1600XT? What versions did you try, martun?

If you can do a reinstall (or another hdd) then you could try this on a fresh install... but i can't promise anything! ;)

So let me know if it works with a fresh install of OS X, plz!

For dash-ripple-effect:

I installed the patch on my computer too and the ripple effect is working fine! (version 3.2)

Hum, very confusing!

cYa!

Hey there!

I made an installer for this method! Look at this: Here ;)

Please notice that it is only a test version! Please give me a feedback!

Worked with the installer, first try, thank you NEO!!!!! I don't see any errors for now.

My AGP card:

SAPPHIRE 100158L Radeon X1600PRO 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 AGP 4X/8X Video Card

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16814102680 - $138.00 !!!!

Radeon X1600 Series:

Chipset Model: Radeon X1600 Series

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x71c2

Revision ID: 0x0000

Display:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 76 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Supported

Main Display: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

Two questions:

1. Why is VRAM 256Mb and not 512Mb?

2. Was this a better choice for just $11 more?

SAPPHIRE 100131SL Radeon X800GTO 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 AGP 4X/8X Video Card

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16814102002

I have the exact same card as georgeanton. Everything is working amazingly well except for two things:

1) The login screen appears at a larger resolution than my monitor supports, so it looks scrunched. As soon as I log in, however, the resolution is set to the proper size.

2) DVI doesn't work. VGA is really hard on my eyes. Is there any way to fix this?

Yes Neopheus, your installer doesnt work with ASUS EAX1600XT on any OS X verison (i tried 10.4.4,10.4.5, and 10.4.6) it just gives horrible artifacts (luckily the de-instller script works).

And to hanzen, just folow the manual method and it'll work fine.

can anyone confirm the patch works on a mobility system without using an external monitor? cause none of the installer versions or manual method have worked on my 128mb x1600 mobility, seems to be a family matching issue. i even get loginwindow crashes when manualy adding resolutions with DisplayConfigX wtf??? :)

Hi there, after using the installer "borisbadenov_3.2.pkg" everything i thought was working fine ----

In the first couple of hours of use i notice that when some windows open they are covered by a purple translucent screen (see attatchments)

Also i am not getting any ripple effect in dashobard

I have yet to test this card out on 3d gaming.

The purple cloud that appears over windows does dissapear if i hide the window and then expose it again but it reappearss intermittently. Do you thionk i would be better to install x1600pro manually instead of with the neopheus driver ??? Thanks in advance

Just to let you know i have disabled quartz 2d extreme and it seems to have gotten rid of the purple cloud although 3d apps like sktchup still seem a little laggy???

Just tried iphoto and sliders for adjustments dont ??? gonna do update and see if that helps (just tried update and it is the same)

Halo boots and i can see startup videos b ut when it gets too the menu i get black screen, its working as i can hear when the cursor is over menu select items but its just a black screen, this happens in full screen mode and windowed mode

Have i got opengl problems ????

post-43857-1152164798_thumb.png

post-43857-1152164828_thumb.png

post-43857-1152165481_thumb.png

post-43857-1152165734_thumb.png

post-43857-1152170527_thumb.png