[HowTo] X1600/X1800 Full Support (Borisbadenov Method)

munky

710 posts in this topic

Has anyone gotten the Callinstall package working with an x1800XL (mine is a Sapphire but I think they're actually all the same)? I'm not having any luck with it and JaS 10.4.6.

Given that I'm using an 1800, not a 1600 series card I REALLY want the 10.4.5 kexts that the Callinstall provides (otherwise I'd just do it by hand).

Has anyone gotten the Callinstall package working with an x1800XL (mine is a Sapphire but I think they're actually all the same)? I'm not having any luck with it and JaS 10.4.6.

Given that I'm using an 1800, not a 1600 series card I REALLY want the 10.4.5 kexts that the Callinstall provides (otherwise I'd just do it by hand).

I dunno what version it is.

It won't let me attach the installer

@ Smoothy Boothy

Callinstall is NeoPheus' package installer as far as I understand. His posts started here.

BTW, did you ever find an answer to this:

So i can use the installer on 10.4.6 and it will install the correct files for the x1800 as they only work with a certain set of kexts (10.4.5)??

Callinstall is NeoPheus' package installer as far as I understand. His posts started here.

I dunno if its the forum or safari but it won't let me attach the installer. It won't let me full edit properly either.

Edit: Just tried camino and that won't work either.

Drivinwest check your pm.

No i didnt get an answer. However if the installer uses 10.4.5 kexts it should. Munky has a x1800xl and he used a jas 10.4.6 install dvd and used the 10.4.5 kexts and it works, no sleep though.

@ Smoothy Booty

Many thanks for the help. BTW, which X1800XL do you have? munky's got a GeCube and I a Sapphire. I'm tempted to flash mine with the GeCube BIOS as the JaS 10.4.6 + Boris doesn't work for me.

@ Smoothy Booty

Many thanks for the help. BTW, which X1800XL do you have? munky's got a GeCube and I a Sapphire. I'm tempted to flash mine with the GeCube BIOS as the JaS 10.4.6 + Boris doesn't work for me.

I've got the same as munky's. The only kexts they will work with are the 10.4.5's. Munky tried 10.4.6 with the .6 kexts and it was a no go. But 10.4.6 with the .5 kexts works (correct me if im wrong munky).

By the way im sending the installer but my upload speed is {censored}.

Copy all and thanks again!

So I'm assuming you did a standard 10.4.6 JaS install and then used the installer? Which output port are you using? Are you using a DVI to VGA adapter or is DVI out working?

A general question to all: as I understand it the x1800XL hardware is the same regardless of vendor but that the BIOS varies. Is that true?

EDIT: Ah {censored} - I just realized I was using the installer not for the Boris method but the Callisto one - no wonder it didn't work. Doofus points for me today.

So I'm assuming you did a standard 10.4.6 JaS install and then used the installer? Which output port are you using? Are you using a DVI to VGA adapter or is DVI out working?

I haven't actually tried to get it working yet. My motherboard was DOA (dead on arrival) so i'm waitng on that now. I think you will have to use a vga to dvi as munky does. Let us know how you go on.

B)

OK a bit of time there...

Callinstall is a installer for Omnis Callisto driver! and the installer for boris' method is currently down because it does not work! I will try to solve the problem after my exams (tuesday). So please wait and don't post the previous installer anywhere! :idea:

Cya

I have a MSI RX1600PRO-TD256E and ASROCK P4Dual915GL. I installed the patch and it worked great for a few days. Now when I boot up I don't get accelerated video, Quartz,etc., Just standard.

Any tips on how to get it back?

Thanks guys.

I have an MSI X1800XL 512MB card which I flashed to an MSI X1800XT (since it was just an underclocked XT card). Tried the fix on 10.4.5 but system would hang on loading the login screen. Tried again with 10.4.6 and got an immediate kernel panic.

I've tried flashing back to X1800XL since the Dev/Ven ID is already in the kexts, but it didn't work.

Thinking about flashing to a GeCube X1800XT and see if it works since others with GeCube's seem to be getting along just fine.

Or it could be my DFI Infinity RS482 (Radeon Xpress 200 chipset). Any suggestions?

EDIT: Flashing didn't work either...

EDIT #2: This time I tried leaving ATINDRV.kext alone and editing only ATIRadeonX1000.kext. Now I have CI/QE working. Resolutions aren't available in the Displays panel, but I can live with that.

Wahahaha! Now there's the weekend and I just sniped a Sapphire X1600 with 512 MB at eBay for 69 euro!!! :D

Let's getting started! I hope I will get it to work!! ;)

The atindrv and and the framework are from a 10.4.5 installation as far as I know! The others are from my 10.4.6 system. Could this be a problem?

Superhai sent me the edited Info.plists for atindrv and atiradeonx1000.kext so now i only have to wait for the atiradeonx1000ga.plugin! After this I hope this will be finished and I can concentrate on other installers!

The atindrv and and the framework are from a 10.4.5 installation as far as I know! The others are from my 10.4.6 system. Could this be a problem?

I'm not entirely sure. I think its just the atindrv and what its linked to that is important. It provides compatability for x1800 cards but i think the 10.4.6 atindrv allows trouble free sleep and wake.

Munky have you tried the installer?