[HowTo] X1600/X1800 Full Support (Borisbadenov Method)

munky

710 posts in this topic

on a hackintosh does a dedicated video card have better performance then a

950 chipset? i have a fully compatible system i built qr/ci everything works..im thinking about buying an ati card but i want to know if i will see a big improvement on my system.

on a hackintosh does a dedicated video card have better performance then a

950 chipset? i have a fully compatible system i built qr/ci everything works..im thinking about buying an ati card but i want to know if i will see a big improvement on my system.

Yes especially if you play games. If not you may not notice that much more performance.

Hi There!

My Sapphire X1600pro is working pretty well but i have one problem: When i use the sliders in Preview in the "image correction" menu than Preview crashs. The same happens when i use the slider from the Adjust menu in iPhoto. I'm not sure this has te do with the Ati driver, but i think so. Someone the same ? Or better a solution ?

Well, the school is off, any progress on the installer ? please say yes :D

Puh... I have a headache! :happymac: It was toooooo much beer! omg

Ahm, there IS progress and its working for some people but for others it didn't work! so maybe i'm going to release it to public tomorrow!

Now I'm going to sleep... :)

ATINDRV 10.4.7 still crashes on X1600PRO after a short time

back to 10.4.5 ATINDRV with 10.4.7 Drivers, im beginning to stress for 10.5 ATINDRV!

if u need me Neophus we can release a new bundle with the latest drivers :)

hi all,

my system is 10.4.5,and quartz-extreme enabled, can i install 10.4.6 update and run ati x1600pro agp like before.this can be a problem?

--

my system: amd 64 3000+ ss2 cpu

1 gb ram,40gb ide hdd, sapphire x1600 pro 256 mb agp,

msi k8neo2 platinum soket 939 nforce3 ultra,

onboard sound card and ethernet are working

2 dvd rom

picture13il.jpg

hi all,

my system is 10.4.5,and quartz-extreme enabled, can i install 10.4.6 update and run ati x1600pro agp like before.this can be a problem?

--

my system: amd 64 3000+ ss2 cpu

1 gb ram,40gb ide hdd, sapphire x1600 pro 256 mb agp,

msi k8neo2 platinum soket 939 nforce3 ultra,

onboard sound card and ethernet are working

2 dvd rom

If you update it will overwrite your kexts so you need to edit them again... OR you use my installer if it is out!

It depends now on the people when it will come out...

I made a new version (3.0) with the kexts (expect ATINDRV) from 10.4.7 and the framework from the new update! So if you want to test this PM me...

for the others who can't wait anymore: you can download the version (2.7) with 10.4.6 files here

It was tested by some people and it worked, BUT IT IS STILL A PREVIEW!

Please post your reports here and report also your system!

If it does NOT work:

boot in -s mode

type:

/sbin/fsck -fy
/sbin/mount -uw /
. /deinstallscript

Good luck!!! :smoke:

Hi There!

My Sapphire X1600pro is working pretty well but i have one problem: When i use the sliders in Preview in the "image correction" menu than Preview crashs. The same happens when i use the slider from the Adjust menu in iPhoto. I'm not sure this has te do with the Ati driver, but i think so. Someone the same ? Or better a solution ?

Problem solved with the installer! Thank you NeoPheus

Smoothbooty.... I have an ati x1800xl, I used the 2.7 installer,rebooted, worked perfectly, 100% res changes, support, etc etc...but now, suddenly everytime I boot, it goes to just whitescreen and crashes..BUT if i boot using -v option at boot, loads fine..No idea why.

Once the AMD version of 10.4.7 patch is available, will patch and try again with the 3.0 version see what happens.

The ATI kext for 10.4.7 should work for AMD as well. They do not need to be patched.

what is ur card? superhai...the Neo 3.0 package is working fine for me, even if using 10.4.5 ATINDRV

my main problem is "would it work under 10.5?", i doubt ;)