[HowTo] X1600/X1800 Full Support (Borisbadenov Method)

munky

710 posts in this topic

Everytime I try to start up COD2 I get this error: "Error during initialization: Video card or driver doesn't support enough textures stages / coordinates"

specs are:

Pentium D 3.0Ghz

Ati Radeon X1600 XT Full support (QE/CI/Res change) using Boris Method.

1GB DDR2 Ram

Jas 10.4.6 Installed.

I am going to try using the kexts from 10.4.5 I hope that works.

If someone else has the same problem please let me know

Thx!

Smoothbooty.... I have an ati x1800xl, I used the 2.7 installer,rebooted, worked perfectly, 100% res changes, support, etc etc...but now, suddenly everytime I boot, it goes to just whitescreen and crashes..BUT if i boot using -v option at boot, loads fine..No idea why.

Once the AMD version of 10.4.7 patch is available, will patch and try again with the 3.0 version see what happens.

Does your system sleep and wake correctly?

Also is anybody using a mobo that supports crossfire? On the other boris thread a member (blacknight) couldnt get his to work. He had a board that supported crossfire? Just want to make sure before i splash out on a mobo, hopefully the Intel D975XBX.

Ok. COD2 worked fine with Myzar 10.4.5 . Its faaaast! but then I tried to install the Intel SSE3 package from Jas DVD because SSE3 was not showing up in System Information and my system died again. So im installing Jas 10.4.6 on top of Myzar 10.4.5 and going to try running COD2 again...

I'm crying tears of joy!!! My Sapphire x1800XL works with full resolution choices, no tearing, QE and CI!

What I did:

1) Installed JaS 10.4.6

2) Modified my mach_kernel in Windows to permit rebooting (see this thread)

3) Used NeoPheus' 3.0 installer (which restarts at the end hence step 2)

Perfect. Just perfect!

HUGE thanks to JaS, Boris, munky, NeoPheus and plenty of others that I've PMed and talked to over the last few weeks.

I'm working too. Here is my history.

Installed 2.6.

Tried to install 3.0 and it failed.

Tried to do the ./deinstallscript (It failed)

Manually typed in commands from the deinstallscript minus the echo's.

Installed 3.0

Now dashboard has the ripple effect and Aperture works fine.

Prior to 3.0 those didn't work.

Thanks NeoPheus.

Its great that this works :poster_oops:

If it works for you then don't do the following!!!

I have made a new version (3.1)

Theres a note for the people who installed a previous version and who are updateing: before the installation move your "Backup"-folder away from the root!

Download the new installer here

News:

-a few bug fixes (helps upgrading in the future)

-new version number in atindrv so it MUST install now!

I'm crying tears of joy!!! My Sapphire x1800XL works with full resolution choices, no tearing, QE and CI!

What I did:

1) Installed JaS 10.4.6

2) Modified my mach_kernel in Windows to permit rebooting (see this thread)

3) Used NeoPheus' 3.0 installer (which restarts at the end hence step 2)

Perfect. Just perfect!

HUGE thanks to Boris, munky, NeoPheus and plenty of others that I've PMed and talked to over the last few weeks.

Hey, im glad its working mate. Could you tell me if you have working sleep and wake?

Sorry, its me again! New version 3.2 out!

News:

-Superhai told me theres a devid for x1900 in the new kexts! so i added this too :poster_oops:

we DON'T know if this is working so: please tell us if this is working with some x1900 models!

Sorry, its me again! New version 3.2 out!

News:

-Superhai told me theres a devid for x1900 in the new kexts! so i added this too :poster_oops:

we DON'T know if this is working so: please tell us if this is working with some x1900 models!

I'll try it out

for u guys using X1000 boris installer made by me and Neophus, i knew about the 10.4.7 opengl problem (only updated in the combo version),hence this package contains the latest OPENGL 10.4.7 (combo)

Enjoy

Hey, im glad its working mate. Could you tell me if you have working sleep and wake?

Hey man, haven't tried it yet. I know with GMA900 graphics my machine would wake to ultra-low resolution. I eventually just turned sleep off. I'll report back with the results with the new graphics card.

I can confirm that the display will sleep but will not wake. Crud. My workaround will simply be to change the display sleep time in System Preferences > Energy Saver to "Never" and to implement a screen saver.

I can confirm that the display will sleep but will not wake. Crud. My workaround will simply be to change the display sleep time in System Preferences > Energy Saver to "Never" and to implement a screen saver.

Damn, i use sleep a lot with my imac, as im rather lazy. I suppose it is more environmentally friendly if i dont sleep my box. Oh well.

Damn, i use sleep a lot with my imac, as im rather lazy. I suppose it is more environmentally friendly if i dont sleep my box. Oh well.

I had this problem with my GMA950 and 10.4.6 install. On a goof I added my desktop resolution to the boot plist in the SystemConfig (sorry Im at work and can't give the exact path and filename). Anyway its the file you would modify if you wanted a different resolution on bootup.

This works for me and after wakeing my monitor is back to 1280x1024 like it should be.

FYI, I installed the 10.4.7 update per the instructions on the forum. After rebooting it seems to have reset my resolution to 800x600. I had to go back and change it to 1280x1024. Succesive reboots haven't reset it to 800x600.

Anybody else seen this too?

I just installed 10.4.7 on my amd64 with x1600 agp card.

Installed the 3.2 and i was very impressed. Works great.

BUT, the dashboard "add-widget-effect" dont work anymore...

It shows two or three frames of the effect!?!

Any idea?

Rgds.

FYI, I installed the 10.4.7 update per the instructions on the forum. After rebooting it seems to have reset my resolution to 800x600. I had to go back and change it to 1280x1024. Succesive reboots haven't reset it to 800x600.

Anybody else seen this too?

Yes happend to me too but after i set it to 1024 x 768 @ 85 its been there ever since no big deal really cos it works great

Ya, I have the same prob with the dashboard, and also, some games crash on me now after updating with 3.2 of the installer, is it possible to go back to the 2.7 installer? Does that have the older opengl frameworks as well in it?