Realtek ALC1200 ICH10 working kext on Yosemite 10.10 from 10.6+

marionez

579 posts in this topic

I get a "Kernel Panic" when I use this driver and enable Digital-Out. The KP appears when I play a movie without passing DolbyDigital through and then open the same movie with another player that passes the signal through. Then instantly the KP appears. The movie is on a Samba Server (Windows).

kernel_task: com.apple.filesystems.smbfs(1.6.2)

When I use another driver (AppleHDA+HDAEnabler for 10.6.4) i get this one in the same situation:

Kernel Panic (mplayer - CPU3)

com.apple.driver.AppleHDA

dependency com.apple.iokit.IONDRVSupport

dependency com.apple.iokit.IOAudioFamily

dependency com.apple.iokit.HDAFamily

dependency com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily

dependency com.apple.iokit.DSPFuncLib

com.apple.iokit.IOAudioFamily

dependency com.apple.iokit.OSVKernDSPLib

Without this driver or just playing a file with digital content it works.

Edit:

With this driver it seems to work for now:

http://www.fleebailey33.org/2010/02/alc1200-in-future.html

I was not able to reproduce the KP, so maybe there is some modification in this driver. Could someone check this an fix this driver if needed?

hi. i have a p5ql-pro motherboard. and a mac osx 10.6.4 an my sound is not working.

i install 10.6 and i make a update up to 10.6.4. osx working ok but sound not working.

i install appleHDA.kext (ALC1200 for Snow Leopard 10.6.3 & 10.6.4) but nothing.

what i need to do?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Has anyone had any luck with Line In?

I got the ALC1200 on a P5Q. The default Apple audio drivers worked perfect for audio output, but I installed the ktexts available in the original post in order to get Line In working. However they have not done the trick. Anyone got them working and perhaps have some tips?

Hi,

Mine is working like charm under 10.6.4 on P6T-SE.

I would like to buy a 5.1 surround sound speaker, but the ones with digital in are really expensive. So I was wondering if we could use the 6 female jack (in fact we use only 3 jack for 5.1) to get surround sound (we can under windows).

Thank you very much.

By the way, "AirPhones" on the screenshot is just an app to throw the sound to your iPod/iPhone by wifi.

post-543444-1283640740_thumb.png

post-543444-1283640746_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

logitech Z-5500 spdif/dts is reported as working in this thread...

multiple jack output aka analogic 5.1 is not working with this kext, I don't have this system and I can't test it works. Anyone welcome to develope this, pinconfig and verbs are there.

edit on first post:

- Asus P5Q-VM added

- Q: I'm experiencing pop sound, how can I solve this?

A: try setting your hack as MacPro3,1 in /Extra/smbios.plist

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

All sorted mea culpa: got my kexts in a mess :)

I have a P5Q SE/R and I have only been able to get sound from the Azali driver... The ALC 1200 drivers on this thread don't work for me at all! No sound, No input nothing! I am frustrated... How could you help me get this sorted???

Thanx :-)

Hello guys i'm installing and reinstalling Snow Leopard 10.6.4 on my laptop (GT627) a couple of weeks on my laptop right now and i can't get proper audio! Voodoo HDA does work, but as my internal speakers are on the same channel as my mic. i get a lot of noise. I also have to change some settings every boot to get sound. So i went looking over the web for some better kext files to make it work properly. I can't find anything at all! Even the kext in the first post isn't working for me.

Maybe i don't understand it that good jet but i'm ready to learn, can someone help me please! I got codec dumps from my audio chip, don't know if i need them or something? Do i need to DSDT patch my system? If so with tools can be used best?

I cleaned my S/L/E from all AppleHDA, HDAenabler, VoodooHDA and stuff my extra folder is also clean of audio kexts.

I installed the audio kext from the first post using kext helperb7, fixed permissions reboot. Audio just doesn't work! Do i need some other kext to enable the AppleHDA kext from the first post or? Can someone please explain me how this stuff works because i can't find good explanations what the different kext files are for on the internet only tutorials what to do. (Wich won't work)

If i look in system profiler under audio tab it says:

Intel High definition Audio:

: 12

Can someone PLEASE reply and make my SL installation complete?

edit: some typo's

marionez Is there any solution to get amplifying for mic-in? There is an amplify checkbox in windows driver.. May be you can recommend any solution or an app?

Tiwaz, are you sure that your laptop has ALC1200 soundcard?

Well, i think it hasn't.

So this kext wont work for you.

I suggest you to post your problem to VoodooHDA topic - that kext is the only kext, that will work for you.

Manu0600 Yes, 5.1 digital output works perfectly with DD and DTS (in video and audioplayer (# VLC or Plex) you should check "use digital output" option).

mrsorinel You are probably doing something wrong. You should overwrite origin appleHDA.kext with this one (put it into S\L\E folder) and apply Kexthelper.app. I've got 2 computers with P5QL-PRO - everything works great!

nixgear Well, nobody has figured it out yet how to get HDMI working. If you find any solution, please post it here!

• 2 weeks later...

hello marionez,

today i has been updated to OSX.6.4. after the update was done i have been download & install your AppleHDA for OS X.6.3/X.6.4 but my sound are not working anymore.

I´ve been tryed other AppleHDA from the past, but there are the same result... no sound.

Can you Help me please?

Let me now if you need something (dstd... etc)

Thank You

Akamatsu

//edit

the only Kext that working for me :

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1444210

with that kext i have only Analog Line Out/In (green, orange, blue, etc... , but i need the Optical Output for my Home Theater

someone has an idea how to get the sound to work on my asus p5ql pro?

since the update to x.6.4 it won´t work any more.

i removed "applehda", "hdaenabler" and "legacyhda" from ./library/extensions and installed the kext from the first post. but got no sound...

any ideas?

thx a lot!

look here for DSDT patches, ALC1200 injected in DSDT.aml would be the clean solution - also with future updates - does someone know how to manage a conversion for this ALC1200, original patch http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=223205 for ALC888 looks like that:

# Insert method _DSM into device with _ADR 0x001B0000

#

into method label _DSM parent_adr 0x001B0000 remove_entry;

into device name_adr 0x001B0000 insert

begin

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n

{\n

Store (Package (0x08)\n

{\n

"codec-id", \n

Buffer (0x04)\n

{\n

0x88, 0x08, 0xEC, 0x10\n

}, \n

"layout-id", \n

Buffer (0x04)\n

{\n

0x78, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00\n

}, \n

"device-type", \n

Buffer (0x0F)\n

{\n

"Realtek ALC888"\n

}, \n

"PinConfigurations", \n

Buffer (One)\n

{\n

0x00\n

}\n

}, Local0)\n

DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))\n

Return (Local0)\n

}

end

any idea?

by the way thanks for the ALC1200.kext, at my P5Q3 Board it works, but now I'd like to kick off the HDA Enabler and code it into DSDT.aml. Attached you find my (nearly perfect and total error free) DSDT.aml for the P5Q3 with BIOS version 1001 + linux codec dump

DSDT.zip

codec.zip

look here for DSDT patches, ALC1200 injected in DSDT.aml would be the clean solution - also with future updates - does someone know how to manage a conversion for this ALC1200, original patch http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=223205 for ALC888 looks like that:

# Insert method _DSM into device with _ADR 0x001B0000

#

into method label _DSM parent_adr 0x001B0000 remove_entry;

into device name_adr 0x001B0000 insert

begin

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n

{\n

Store (Package (0x08)\n

{\n

"codec-id", \n

Buffer (0x04)\n

{\n

0x88, 0x08, 0xEC, 0x10\n

}, \n

"layout-id", \n

Buffer (0x04)\n

{\n

0x78, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00\n

}, \n

"device-type", \n

Buffer (0x0F)\n

{\n

"Realtek ALC888"\n

}, \n

"PinConfigurations", \n

Buffer (One)\n

{\n

0x00\n

}\n

}, Local0)\n

DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))\n

Return (Local0)\n

}

end

any idea?

by the way thanks for the ALC1200.kext, at my P5Q3 Board it works, but now I'd like to kick off the HDA Enabler and code it into DSDT.aml. Attached you find my (nearly perfect and total error free) DSDT.aml for the P5Q3 with BIOS version 1001 + linux codec dump

the attached DSDT patch (FOR DSDTEditor/Patcher) fits for the P5Q3 from ASUS, including the right Pinconfig in DSDT.

best regards

ALC1200_P5Q3.txt

Hello, all.

Have a trouble...

Can't find _ADR 0x001B0000 in my dsdt...

Maybe my acl1200 has other name? Can you help me?

I have P5Q3 and attached my dsdt.

Hi Chekistus,

the trouble with this mainboard is we have no AZAL or HDEF entry, so we needed to create on empty HDEF, required DTGP and patch it with the P5Q3 patch from me above. Attached is the patched DSDT with HDEF enabled, so remove your HDA Enabler and try it with this DSDT I've uploaded, I have the same board, if any trouble with please feedback,

best regards, nxs76

dsdt_chekist.zip

Hi Chekistus,

the trouble with this mainboard is we have no AZAL or HDEF entry, so we needed to create on empty HDEF, required DTGP and patch it with the P5Q3 patch from me above. Attached is the patched DSDT with HDEF enabled, so remove your HDA Enabler and try it with this DSDT I've uploaded, I have the same board, if any trouble with please feedback,

best regards, nxs76

Thank you very much, now I can see my audio card in device properties without any enabler! So, I install appleHDA.kext and now have working audio, but only stereo... Any chance make 5.1 work?