Realtek ALC1200 ICH10 working kext on Yosemite 10.10 from 10.6+

marionez

579 posts in this topic

from internet, after 30 seconds of googlin':

Audio VIA VT1708S, 8 -Channel High-Definition Audio CODEC

was that an answer for me? i didn't understand sorry... can you help me getting sound from all the 5 speakers? thank you...

yes I do have ALC1200... I have an asus P6T (non deluxe)...

this is from asus official website for asus P6T (non deluxe) audio part:

Realtek® ALC1200 8 -Channel High Definition Audio CODEC

Coaxial / Optical S/PDIF out ports at back I/O

ASUS Noise Filter

Support Jack-Sensing, Enumeration, Multi-streaming and Jack-Retasking

DTS Surround Sensation UltraPC

can anyone help me having 5.1 surround with applehda.kext ? thank you

yor last kext works very well ,only issue for me not work hdmi audio whit mobo internal connector connected whit spdif cable whit my video card nvidia 9800 gt 1gb,same connection works well under windows 7 and windows xp, but whit snow leo dectect digital audio but not enabled.

post-371309-1262529779_thumb.jpg

post-371309-1262529789_thumb.jpg

marionez you have any trick or advice for enable digital audio from hdmi .

many

thanks for your works

caxio

Hello!

I installed your driver in hope to fix the crappy sound with the voodoohda. But it won't work. If i install your driver it regnoize the onboard sound in the system info but it plays no sound.

Is there any way to fix this?

Mainboard = M3N78-EM

Thanks for help!

Best regards

Hi to all,

I'm new to this forum and my first post is to say thanks to marionez for the driver.

I have a P5Q with Vanilla SL 10.6.2 with a working audio in/out and working correctly also after sleep/resume.

Previously used voodoohda (croppy sound after resume).

If you have any test that I can do please feel free to ask for.

Thank you! I've spent the better part of the weekend trying to figure out how to get SPDIF output working in Snow Leopard from my HP m8000n. Specs for the ASUS M2N68-LA say "ALC888" but I couldn't get any drivers to work. Your 10.6.2 Snow Leopard ALC1200 kext works perfectly!

Hi. I'am trying to install my audio, but it doesn't work.

Motherboard: P5QL/C/SI

See screenshot. Any Ideas?179610.jpg

I have the same problem (my ID is a bit different)

I obtained something putting VoodooHDA.kext into /Extra/Extensions folder and leaving the original AppleHDA.kext in his original place (/System/Library/Extensions) and removing AppleHDA.kext (I made a backup copy before). Then I run "sudo pfix" from terminal (get pfix here http://osx86.sojugarden.com/files/pfix2.3.zip), rebooted and audio was here.

The board is a P5Q-EM with ALC1200 as stated in the specifications page at Asus site.

In the first post of this thread I see also that this board should work with marionez' kext (it says "tested ok") but it doesn't. ;)

Maybe it's a bios version problem? I have the latest bios on the board...

Here is Slice's VoodooHDA.kext from ProjectOSX forum, that is working well and don't have problems after resuming from sleep. It contain PrefPane too, to set the volume levels.

Archivio.zip

Maybe the kext will need some modify to work properly with all the connectors. In the original thread there are instructions:

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=355

Last modified: 18 Jan 2010 01:06 [uTC+1]

You can add ASUS P5E3 PRO (note that ONLY PRO EDITION HAS ALC1200, deluxe and @P have AD1988)!

Installed and Work Pefectly!

Intel High Definition Audio:

That's the info on HW Overview:

Device ID: 0x104383F0

Audio ID: 12

Available Devices:

Line Out:

Connection: 1/8-Inch Jack

Internal Microphone:

Connection: Internal

Headphone:

Connection: 1/8-Inch Jack

S/P-DIF Out:

Connection: Optical

maybe the right question is:

Q: "Is alc1200 autosensing capable?"

A: "As I know, it's not."

Working on this at the moment. See here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=207665

I took the codec info from your kext and turned it into a legacy loader so that it persists across system updates. Doesn't even touch the vanilla kexts this way. Everything is working exactly as with yours.

Then I modified it a bit in an attempt to get headphone autodetect functioning. Autodetect is indeed working. It's just backwards. Plugging headphones in turns off the headphones and turns on the speakers, unplugging turns the speakers off. I'm messing with it to see if I can make it work right. If anyone knows anything about the DetectDelegate flag, pleeeeaaase let me know.

EDIT - do not use the Info.plist from the link above. That one will work but the outputs are messed up, that's why I posted it. If people actually want the legacy kext, PM me, but I recommend sticking with the hacked AppleHDA until I can get autodetection working. I trust marionez's well-tested version more than my own hack-job :(

I already did for myself legacy kexts but I didn't release because I was waiting for 10.6.3 update for a public installation.

As stated on first post, those with 10.6.2 should continue with hackedapplehda, when 10.6.3 you'll have a clean applehda and installing this, you'll have the same hack, and audio.

If you want to install legacy on 10.6.2 you need a clean applehda

here it is 10.6.2 clean *vanilla* applehda: AppleHDA.kext.zip

If you installed hdaenabler in S/L/E and then you install this on /extra you must remove /S/L/E/applehdaALC1200 and hda enabler, install applehda vanilla in S/L/E/ then those legacy-kext in /extra

About HP AFAIK is not working very well even in windows, this is the way it does not work... but maybe we (you) can work it out

Hi, first let me say thanks you for the driver!

I'm using asus p6t se (alc1200). First i installed 10.6.0 & used the driver from this thread (in /extra) - it worked great: three line out ports & a headphone port working for sound output, all showing in sound preferences + a mic port & line in ports for audio input in sound preferences (tested only the mic port).

After updating to 10.6.2 sound was gone & i replaced that driver with your driver - sound's working, but i have only three sound output ports in sound preferences (headphones, line out, digital out), didn't test the digital out, but only only the line out port works (headphones port doesn't work). As for input, the "internal microphone" port works, but i think it has lower sensitivity then with the previous driver.

Is there some was to enable all sound output ports? coaxial & optical would be nice too

Is there some was to enable all sound output ports? coaxial & optical would be nice too

Definitely possible, but it'll take some significant changes to the plists and if you want surround you'll have to make an Aggregate device. I'm working on HP autodetection but I wouldn't mind having the rest of the outputs working as well. Autodetection is my primary concern, but I'll see what I can do.

We've got the same board and my headphone port is working fine on it's own. Are you dual-booting, and if so, does it work in your other OS of choice?

Well, i don't mind digging in some plists, configs, etc, if there's a guide or a basic how-to ;)

The Aggregate Device is no problem — already played with it on some other hackintoshes.

The headphones port definitely worked with the other audio driver, before updating to 10.6.2 Maybe something's not right about my placing of and the my set the kexts? I'm using EFI partition for placing all my bootloader, DSDT.aml & extensions.mkext with all the necessary kexts for my systme, so currently i have all the vanilla kexts in "/System/Library/Extrensions" + the audio driver from this thread in extensions.mkext in the EFI partition. Maybe there's some sort of conflict? Do i need to remove the vanilla driver from /System/Library/Extrensions?

There was a new kext on the main page updated for 10.6.2, did you grab it? That may be a silly question and I'm not sure what the difference between the two is, but just checking.

Ok, just spent last night putting one together, got the other 3 outputs working as separate stereo line outs but broke the main one :) I'll post the kext for those wanting additional outputs as soon as I can fix the main line out. The time-consuming part is all the reboots needed to test things.

[rant] Why does the node layout only have 2 inputs when there is very clearly 3 available? There are separate analog output nodes for every single jack (ie. seperate output nodes for back line out and front headphone) but the two mic ports share an input node. Doesn't make sense... [/rant]

UPDATE - Huh. I can only get 3 of the 4 line outs working at any one time. Whichever one is the last one on the System Preferences list doesn't work; I tried them in a multitude of orders within the kext and it's always the last one. Also I appear to have killed the rear mic input without touching it; it now shows up as "none". Does Apple only allow a certain number of path-map items to be defined?

UPDATE 2 - Ok, got the mic working again. Still no luck with getting all the lines going at once. Damned if I know why it's not working. Got a couple more things to try...

Hi Marionez!

Good to see you again...

These are my test:

I downloaded ALC1200_106xLEGACY.zip from the first site.

I removed appleHDA, after I installed HDAEnabler and LegacyHDA.

After the restart I don't have any in/output.

I read back your message, I need install original appleHDA, but I don't have.

I downloaded [latest]ALC1200 for Snow Leopard 10.6.2, and installed it.

The next start I have all in/output.

You know, I use only digital output, but I have problem.

The DTS is working.

In my memorie was, I can see 96khz and 24 bit on my soundsystem, but not yet.

I go back to Leopard, and I tested ALC1200_1057_SLIM.zip and ALC1200_SLIM.zip

I can see this information, but the signal is not DTS, only 96khz and 24 bit.

I can change this setting in utility/Audio MIDI setup.

Please check the DTS passtrough code in drivers only for Leopard.

My questions are:

I need install 3 kext?

96 khz 24 bit problem come from driver?

I hope I could help...

Have a nice day:)

Send me new driver, and I test it faster...

W00t!!!!! Got headphone autodetection working AND all 4 line out jacks functioning!!!

:):D:(

My guess is that AppleHDA can only handle so many outputs at once. When I got autodetect working (thus ensuring that only one of the two was active at once), the 4th jack suddenly started functioning. As a side effect of this, I may or may not have killed the digital outputs.

Can people please test this and post results? You'll need:

- a clean 10.6.2 copy of AppleHDA --> AppleHDA.kext.zip- HDEFEnabler or HDAEnabler (or DSDT/EFI hack that does the same thing)

- the attached ALC1200.kext --> ALC1200.kext.zip

Layout:

Headphones - front Headphones *** these only show when plugged in and replace the speaker output

Green - Speakers

Grey/Black/Orange - Line-out (left->right = top->bottom or at least is does on mine)

Test plz. I want to know if this works for everyone or if I fluked it.

Hello marionez

i have 10.6.2 installed through VMWare Workstation.

does sound in my case, also ALC1200, work in a virtual machine?

I have installed the latest kexts but no audio device is recognized in the system profiles.

Thanks