Realtek ALC1200 ICH10 working kext on Yosemite 10.10 from 10.6+

marionez

579 posts in this topic

Is it switching in the preference pane but not functioning, or is nothing happening at all? The headphones should only show up when they're plugged in, they take over for the speaker output... I'll have another look at it. You've got a P5Q and I'm on a P6T SE, the detection functionality may differ between the two (or between our chassis frontpanels, for that matter). Do you have a codec dump handy so I can see if there's anything noticeably different? I'll post the P6T dump as soon as I get home.

Perhaps a dumb question, but we're all using cases with HD-capable front panels, right?

Asus P6T SE codec - p6tse_codec.txt

Fecso I don't know how to patch that file with legacy, because with this hack way, we can modify plist, but not that file, as I know, did you try relaunching kext utility after the dts-trick?

Here it is my codecdump, was on this thread: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=48298

Anyway, I tested even on windows OS, and the real problem is that if I try to plug/unplug rear jacks (linein etc) I can see on win7 realtek mixer the autosensing working, if I plug/unplug the HP nothing happens...

If I good understand you, I need install legacy kexts, after I will install my patched appleHDA, and finally I need use kext utility.

I did it, and I restarted my computer, but nothing happed.

I think the DTS patch is not good, because the signal is only DTS digital.

I found this in forum:

Visit My Website

I replaced hexadecimal information, but I think it is not for my sound card.

I am playing music in iTunes, than I can see 96khz 24bit information on display.

@ Marionez - must be an AC97 front panel then. Jack detection won't work unless the front panel has the detection circuitry built-in; other than that, HDA and AC97 front panels are pin-compatible. Who's the case manufacturer?

@ everyone else - I need more testers, 1) for headphone detection, 2) for the surround-sound outputs, and 3) for whether or not I killed the digital outputs accidentally. I don't have any SPDIF gear to try it on. All I know is that it's working perfectly for my purposes but there's a "sound assertion" error happening, which means something's not exactly right.

Hi all,

@craigen: I'd like to test but I'm quite new to hackintosh (albeit old to computers and macs)... so I can handle new kext install, but I know nothing about HDEFEnabler or HDAEnabler (or DSDT/EFI hack that does the same thing)... so I'm stuck. Can you make a brief summary for this DSDT or HDAEnabler?

I have a Coolermaster case with HDAudio front panel and I would like to have autosense working, also for mic...

Tnx

P.S. I boot with chameleon rc4 and "vanilla" P5Q bios

UPDATE: I installed the kext, with vanilla AppleHDA instead of marionez, without DSDT or HDAEnabler, and audio works. At the moment I tried only back and front out (autosense works...). Tomorrow I will test dig out. Still waiting for help on DSDT matter.

Good to hear the autosensing is working, anxiously awaiting the status of digital out :thumbsup_anim:

Have you looked into DSDT patching at all? It's a way of manually editing the device tables that get passed to the operating system so that it more closely matches what OSX expects to see, rather than exactly what is present in the system (ex. removing the CPU aliases, specifying built-in ethernet, usb controller patches, audio device labelling, etc).

Hi craigen,

Unfortunately, no digital out.

More details: P5Q has internal and external coax dig out. From Bios you can select "HDMI out" or "SPDIF out". I understand that HDMI means it's enabled the internal connector, and spdif the external one (asus is not clear). In any case I connected a coax to external spdif out to my 5.1 amplifier.

No autosensing.

No audio from dig out. If from "sys pref-> audio" I manually select 'integrated digital out' instead of 'internal speakers', no audio comes from itunes, when I go back to speakers, audio goes out again from itunes. VLC seems not so interested in this switch as it keeps playing thru speakers...

I trust my 5.1 amplifier because the same cable connected to another source (dvd) plays digital sound, during these tests.

UPDATE: I tested only with HDMI output in bios and got same result. :-(

UPDATE: Sound assertion for me each time I select dig out:

Sound assertion "false == streamInfo->IsActive" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-179.1.4/AppleHDAController/AppleHDAController.cpp" at line 4430 goto Exit

P.S. No DSDT patching done at all. Do I have to :-) ? Maybe you can address me to proper readings in this forum.

acehigh!

If you will faster choose any sound in/out -put, than you can do it in the taskbar.

Press, and hold down "alt" button + click on the speaker icon.

You need choose first puts, then you can start any application.

If you choose them in VLC, some times working, some times not.

This working only in Snow L.

Go preferences in VLC, Audio menu, switch on "USE S/PDIF when available" and " Force detection of D.D"=on

Save it.

If you have movie with DTS signal (MKV Blu-Ray rips), than VLC play it.

iTunes use digital output, but not in DTS.

Not DTS wav or DTS flac.

The other quastion is, have you any output sound or not on SPDIF?

Please try MarionezS driver from the first page.

If you have any quastion, than ask me.

c.craigen

I have surround sound system, can I help you in anything?

I can test beta drivers...

I use MarionezS driver, but under Snow I don't have good DTS pastrought.

The signal is DTS, but not 96 khz 24 bit.

If you have any ideal for me or Marionez, than write us.

thx for testing. I was afraid of that... I'll see what I can do to get the digital working. Looks like AppleHDA can only handle a certain number of defined pathmaps at once, I may have to put out separate versions, one for surround and one for digital.

For those testing analog surround, the port mappings are listed above. Search the boards for how to actually set up the aggregate device.

Hi all,

tests with patched AppleHDA.kext made by Marionez:

There are 3 output devices: Line Out, Headphones and Digital Out.

- Digital out is working as expected: no autosensing, but when selecting digital out in output pane of audio settings, digital out is activated, volume can't be changed (as it is on a real mac) and output plays on my 5.1 amp. Behavior of itunes and vlc as explained by slyrfecso. itunes gets output as selected, VLC gets digital out always if set so. Everything is working as expected. Even Dolby Digital. I don't have DTS at hand to play, but I suppose it should.

- In the output devices we have other 2 outs: Line Out and Headphones. They map to the rear "green" out (Lineout) and to the front HD Audio panel green out (Headphones). Obviously no autosense but they work if I switch one or another.

So, I prefer the version with autosense (even because the kext is untouched...) but there are two things that are missing:

- Digital out (no autosense required, I think, no one cares): works with marionez.

- Mic input also from front panel hdaudio: autosensing required as much as headphones one (that is working now). Doesn't work even with marionez. Very useful for skype usage (mic + earphones).

I think it's a good solution to have two versions (one for analog surround and one for digital): selection can be made in proper plist of kext maybe?

Sounds like a plan. The only problem is that I don't know if I can get the front and rear mic inputs working at the same time, since I'm already having troubles with the number of outputs. The autosensing capability is there, but with the front headphones, in order to get switching to work I had to tell the driver that the back port is actually internal speakers. I'm not sure what the equivalent of this is on the input side of things. Also, the actual hardware only has 2 analog input nodes, while there is 3 jacks. Don't know what will happen if I make multiple connections to the input nodes. I'll see what I can do about it.

The digital vs analog thing is easy to do, though. Soon as I'm through with this landslide of homework I'll make separate versions for this.

Due to the way the layouts work, autosensing on the headphone jack is pretty much required for all the rear-panel surround jacks to function. People stuck with AC97 front panels may be out of luck on this front...

If you just want headphone autosensing, use the one I put up a few posts back, it's working fine except for digital out. Digital autosensing won't work, the jacks don't support it. Mic autosensing is possible but on hold for the moment, I've got 2 homework projects to grind through first. Patience :)

craigen acehigh fecso etc, can you test this about SPDIF?

There was an error in your codec verbs, so this is the file you posted with the spdif verb corrected.

let me know if that works, so we can put it in the first post with credit to you craigen for autosensing (that I can't use :D:unsure: )

attachment removed

What was the error? I'm relatively new with the verbs, so I'm not surprised I made some mistakes :(

I'll load it up and give it a whirl. I can't actually test the digital stuff since I don't have anything with SPDIF, but I can look for any sound assertions that might crop up.

Hello Marionez!

I tried this driver, but doesn't work for me.

I can't see any in/out put.

I used kext utility, but after the restart nothing happend.

I had a idea, i started my computer with Windows 7.

I have tried all options in realtek sound manager, and all options in audio filters (ffdshow, ac3) but only DTS digital working.

This is funny, because I am waiting from you better driver, but I can't change it under Windows.

I play movies with BSplayer, and under the movie I can see media info.

I loaded MKV movies, but what I see it is only 48Khz.

It is fake identify or it is right.

I think the 96khz is downsampling, under OSX or Windows.

I saw on Realtek webpage, ALC1200 can play DTS 96khz 24 bit.

Hi marionez, and before all thx for this kext !

I tried it and it works, but i lmust select Line output and not headphone in audio settings (normal ?)

in my console i see :

02/02/10 22:20:29 kernel Sound assertion "0 != result" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-179.1.4/AppleHDA/AppleHDAWidget.cpp" at line 3641 goto handler

02/02/10 22:20:29 kernel Sound assertion "0 != widget->setUnsolicited ( true )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-179.1.4/AppleHDA/AppleHDACodecGeneric.cpp" at line 989 goto handler

it s a problem ?

thx for your answer

Hi all,

@marionez: the attachment has been removed, so I can't test it. In any case I'm really glad to test any kext or mods you want.

I'm a programmer, but I code microcontrollers, so my help here can only be useful during tests... :P

@kipicool: the message in the log is "normal", meaning that your 'hack' is working like ours. The selection of line out instead of HP is normal (maybe someone can explain us how to do a DSDT patch that enables HP by default...), and it's saved by the os, so next time you login everything will be ok.

@craigen: I will wait news from you.

You all should remember that testing digital out means moving all my pc, keyboard, mouse and all the cables from the pc room to the sitting room, making my girlfriend angry and all the stuff... so please be sure when you put it on again :) ... (Better handled during weekends...)

@kipicool: the message in the log is "normal", meaning that your 'hack' is working like ours. The selection of line out instead of HP is normal (maybe someone can explain us how to do a DSDT patch that enables HP by default...), and it's saved by the os, so next time you login everything will be ok.

Thx for your answer :)

Hi Marionez!

I have big mistake, because my MKV files are 48khz 16bit.

I have found better test file and it is realy 96khz 24bit DTS.

I played with VLC, and ta-dam I saw the information on my soundsystem display.

:)

DTS_96khz_24bit_certification.jpg

You, or any body can download from this link:

DTS 96khz 24 bit only with VLC

Conclusions:

- I downloaded Transformers I one year ago, and that was I think with 96khz 24bit DTS audio.

- You will not write new driver :)

(I used and patched your latest appleHDA.kext without Legacy)