RELEASE 10.5.5

Lila

157 posts in this topic

Ok I was successfully able to install 10.5.5 on my test drive. I just deleted the AppleIntelCpuPowerManagement.kext However all my drivers were gone after the install. Here is my set up.

Asus P5K-VM

E8500

4GB RAM

Kalyway 10.5.2 install disk, followed by the 10.5.3 kalyway updater, and I downloaded 10.5.4 from apple.com.

Is there any way to keep my drivers on the disk or do I have to reinstall them? Also because I used various installers, I am not sure which ones I need to copy over from my cloned back up of my drive.

@FoodieMonster: IOAudioFamily and AppleAzaliaAudio, but I have different audio chip (AD19something..) than you, yours may differ.

Here is the link to my extra folder so you can see for yourself:

http://rapidshare.com/files/145877419/Extensions.zip.html

Thanks a lot, I've got way less files in my Extensions folder but I've got the same essentials. I guess it's good to finally know that the kexts are actually loading from the Extras/Extensions folder now, as before I always had my doubts if it was actually working or not. Thanks again.

Ok I was successfully able to install 10.5.5 on my test drive. I just deleted the AppleIntelCpuPowerManagement.kext However all my drivers were gone after the install. Here is my set up.

Asus P5K-VM

E8500

4GB RAM

Kalyway 10.5.2 install disk, followed by the 10.5.3 kalyway updater, and I downloaded 10.5.4 from apple.com.

Is there any way to keep my drivers on the disk or do I have to reinstall them? Also because I used various installers, I am not sure which ones I need to copy over from my cloned back up of my drive.

Well, I really don't know if you could do what you want from your Kalyway installation. However, your hardware allows for BOOT132 method, if I'm not mistaken. If you were to do a Retail BOOT132+DFE install, you'd be able to keep your .kexts in it's own separate folder on the HDD root, which would load upon startup. In there you would have your audio/video/board/lan .kexts that you require for the devices to work, along with the dsmos.kext and those required for basic functionality. That way, it doesn't matter if Software Update wipes your /System/Library/Extensions folder, because with BOOT132+DFE you'd be loading the .kexts for *your* machine *before* OS X starts loading the ones from System Extensions folder. It's what I did, and it works like a charm. Kalyway was great, but BOOT132 is just leaps and bounds more convenient. Updating straight from Apple, no mucking around with scripts? Priceless.

Ok first report for me: I was in Kaly 10.5.2 > AppleCombo10.5.3 with Netkas method > delta Apple 10.5.4 (without touch anything else).

Yesterday, > AppleCombo10.5.5, with details I did that:

- double click on the apple the installer (on a USB stick, no internet at home):

- remove manualy AppleIntelCpuPowerManagement.kext when appeared,

- replaced the old kext from the 10.5.2 original install (like when I installed my 10.5.3) with OSx86Tools...

- rewrite the script>"1" file with dsmos.kext (replace "don't steal Mac OS-X")

- run Onyx repair perm

- cross finger > reboot on '-v' >and.... Crash!

the Hack re-reboot alone (normal) then passed the grey screen with sucess (Yeah), and gave me an half blue / half wallpaper screen... :) ... Ok, right, you have an "artisitic phase" I said...

- tried to re-repair perm with OSx86Tools.. nothing.

-But I can boot in safe mode '-x'.. good thing. just a graphic kext seems to be wrong, isn't it ?? but Apple had change something like that because the last time, everything was all right with exactly the same method..

screen10.5.5.tiff

kext_replaced.tiff

Any suggestion on the kext which are missing. Possible that I replaced some kext that I should not??

What Apple has changed between the two Updt?

>>I have two Léo install, and I know why!..

Updated from Kalyway 10.5.4 to Apple Combo 10.5.5. Removed AppleIntelCpuPowerManagement.kext before restart.

Very poor disk performance (no SATA driver), no audio (Alc889a) and info lost in System Profiler after first boot. Solved with Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3x Control Center (~pcwiz), selecting Sata and audio in drivers tab and Shutdown, Restart and SMBIOS in fixes tab.

Just a warning for guys on Kaly 10.5.3... DO NOT ATTEMPT the update to 10.5.5.

I just had mine crash at 34% and now I can't even restore from timemachine. I'm no computer noob but this updating business is absolute {censored}, either that or you simply can't update past 10.5.3 when using Kaly's 10.5.2 DVD.......

Just a warning for guys on Kaly 10.5.3... DO NOT ATTEMPT the update to 10.5.5.

I just had mine crash at 34% and now I can't even restore from timemachine. I'm no computer noob but this updating business is absolute {censored}, either that or you simply can't update past 10.5.3 when using Kaly's 10.5.2 DVD.......

Very true. I tryed to install 10.5.5 from Mac OSX Leopard 10.5.4 and still got the error when installing halfway.

I'm happy with 10.5.4 . I have 10.5.5 installed on my real macs and believe me I cannot see any difference between 10.5.4 and 10.5.5

Ofcourse I only use my Hackintosh for making music and videos. I use my real macs for the internet.

Artmuzz

How can I detect which kext is wrong in my install? (see post before)..

replacing some supplementary kext? I can boot in safe mode, so I thinck it is not very hard to correct that. insn't it?

suggestions?..

an general question: Does exist a "Kext Bible" where is precised the function of most used/known kext??... the information exist but is disperced. so a central sink of knowledge about Kext is needed....

Hi

I just updated to 10.5.5 & had a weird thing ....:

I have chamelon 123 boot loader on HD so i decided to update via software update ( front row, 10.5.5, security 06 )

During the install i had a kernel panic :S !!

At the reboot i put the chamelon boot CD to boot.

The pc rebooted one time then booted fine !!! 10.5.5 ???!!

I restored my chameleon HD bootloader + kext & now i can see 10.5.5 with about this mac ...

Weird isn t it ?

Do you think i should reinstall 10.5.5 ? Is there a way to reinstall or to roolback ?

Is there a way to look at a log to see what happenned during install ?

Thnaks for your answers

The update worked for me, albeit not flawlessly as I had hoped. Downloaded the Combo update (~601MB) from Apple, and installed it with the Sleep script in Terminal. Rebooted with 'update -x -v -f' (overkill I know, but what the hey). The Hackie rebooted once and booted into the Blue screen. Could not however get my network to work. Seems IONetworkingFamily.kext gets overwritten by this update, so had to restore it from a previous build. Also the system reported my CPU speed wrong, so restored the SMBIOS kext.

On another system I noticed that the graphics were broken, could not get past the Application Login Window error message during startup. Simple solution was to inject EFI GFX string and presto it worked. My mobo - GA 965P-DS4 & nVIDIA 7600 GT GFX card.

Ok guys,

I am going to try to install this update and get back to you all.

I have a kalyway 10.5.2 install Jas 10.5.3 combo update and apple 10.5.4 update. I am hoping that because i used jas combo update then apple update that i might have success. So I am going to give it a try and give results later. Wish me luck!!! :(

Using a Kalyway 10.5.2, updated to 10.5.3 with the combo updater and the ACPI removal script, updated to 10.5.4 through software updater, installed DFE's 132, updated to 10.5.5 without issue though software updated, passed -v -f on first boot after updating and have had zero issues.

I have a success story to share:

I originally started with Leo4All v3 several months ago and successfully updated to 10.5.4 via software update when it became available.

I tried the 10.5.5 update in the same way but had my system KP during the install. Fortunately I have a test drive (I use Carbon Copy to make a backup of my active drive and test new things on the copy) and I could revert to 10.5.4 with no problems.

I came across the 'while sleep 1; do rm ...' script to wait for and automatically delete the AppleIntelPowerManagement.kext and re-ran the update from a downloaded .dmg. Unfortunately did not run the script as root, resulting in the same KP soon after the .kext was installed and the script did not have sufficient permissions to delete it.

The 3rd time I ran 'sudo bash' in Terminal and then the 'while sleep 1; do rm ...' This time the 10.5.5 install worked perfectly. On first reboot I entered the '-v -f' parameters and then after the automatic 2nd reboot had my system running 10.5.5. Only thing I had to do was get my ALC888 audio working again using the HDAPatcher utility.

My Hackintosh is a:

GA-EP35-DS3L

Intel Q9450 at 3Ghz

Vanilla Kernel

A stupid question here :

I'm running 10.5.4 with kalyway original 10.5.2 install. My laptop has a core2duo t9300.

But why i can't find AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext ?

I've found a save of this one : AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.orig but i can't find the other one ?

I that normal or weird or is it because this file is hidden ?

A stupid question here :

I'm running 10.5.4 with kalyway original 10.5.2 install. My laptop has a core2duo t9300.

But why i can't find AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext ?

I've found a save of this one : AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.orig but i can't find the other one ?

I that normal or weird or is it because this file is hidden ?

That is the file. It's been renamed. Your comp won't boot if you saw that file without the .orig. If you want to do the update, download the 10.5.5 delta update from apple and backup any kext files you need, ie... audio or lan and then run this code in terminal.

while sleep 1; do rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext; done

Now install the update you downloaded and once done don't restart yet. Next go back to the terminal and hit control C. That will stop the process. From there just type exit at the prompt and close terminal. You can now restart. Don't panic when the comp restarts a second time this is normal. Also make you type -v at the Darwin boot prompt just to make sure everything is going well.

Now you should be on the desktop. Replace any kexts that need to be. Audio is usually the one everybody has to replace.

Cheers,

Chevy

Thank you Chevy but this method didn't work for me :'(

I've tried it and as before i got a kernel panic.

Like you said i paste the whole command in Terminal, launch the update. But kernel panic at 78 % on AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement

After reinstalling for the 2(0) times, it is working like you said. You have to write "sudo -s" in the terminal first.

(for many it is obvious, but not for me, i'm a beginner in Apple's world :rolleyes: )

I didn't remove any kext and i didn't have to reinstall some of them.

updated from 10.5.4. non-vanilla kernel.

just used "while sleep 1; do rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext; done"

installed the delta update

installed modbin kernel 9.4.0 (mach_kernel and system.kext) using pcwiz's osx86tools

rebooted. everything worked fine.

just to be sure, re-installed the SATA driver from iAtkos v4i disk.

everything is working fine.

NOTE: I DID NOT REMOVE ANY KEXT.