RELEASE 10.5.5

Lila

157 posts in this topic

Does anyone made a working update to -> 10.5.5 without a Vanilla Kernel?

I've tryed losts of tutorials (using Netkas method for example)

Usually I can boot to new 10.5.5 System but there is no Finder at all.

OS: Windows Vista 64x and Kallyway 10.5.2 -> 10.5.3 -> 10.5.4

Mainboard: ASROCK 2.66 GHZ (low budget) 99 EUR :thumbsup_anim: FSB1333 CPU Bundled Series - Core1333-2.66G

GrafikOnboard: Intel® GMA950, SoundOnBoard: 7.1 CH (ALC888 Audio Codec),

LanOnBoard:10/100 Ethernet LAN, RAM: 4 GB Kingsto

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All, I finally took the plunge and got 10.5.5 installed on top of 10.5.4 (kalyway vanilla kernel). I have a Gigabyte P5W-DH Deluxe motherboard.

This is what I did:

1. Downloaded the update, not the combo update, from Apple (http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/macosx1055update.html).

2. Opened a terminal window.

3. Entered "sudo -s" in the terminal and entered password

4. Entered "while sleep 1 ; do rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext ; done" in the terminal window

5. Ran the update from Apple

6. Restarted the system.

7. At the Darwin prompt at boot, I used the -v -f flags

Everything worked, except I had no sound and my keyboard went to an American keyboard instead of the Italian Pro one I have. I backed up my kexts before the install. I copied over the AppleHDA.kext to the /System/Library/Extensions directory and rebooted. I had sound! Changing the keyboard back to the Italian Pro took after 2 reboots. No clue why it took two reboots.

Baron Istefan

post-189798-1225296314_thumb.png

• 1 month later...

Hi every1 great forum. I currently have a dell 6400 with specs: t7200 2duo with ati x1400 I'm running kalyway 10.5.2, and my question is can ijust run the update n manualy using terminal list above to stop intelcpupower..do I need anything else? This is my very first time n still learning about osx86. Any help would be appreciated. Thanx

10.5.5 on my Thinkpad T61 (video GMAX3100) gave me black screen with two cursors, as for some others here. I figured out that the culprit was the OpenGL.framework and QuartzCore.framework (one or both, have not checked yet). After replacing them with those from my 10.5.4 system backup, I got everything working. Hope this helps.

Edited: Actually it was the OpenGL.framework which gave problems, QuartzCore.framework from 10.5.5 is ok.

Can you provide details of how you did this?

Edit:

installed iDeneb 10.5.4 with x3100 option

copied /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/ to a USB drive

installed iDeneb 10.5.5 with x3100 option

after reboot, started with -s option (single user)

moved all /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelGMAX3100* to a backup directory

exited

copied OpenGL.framework from USB drive to /System/Library/Frameworks

moved AppleIntelGMAX3100* back to /System/Library/Extensions

rebooted

i still have problems with no audio and sleep display resulting in a black screen

Lenovo T61

Intel X3100 GMA965 8086_2A02_20B517AA_0C