RELEASE 10.5.5

Lila

157 posts in this topic

All right Munky, I agree.. for the moment I have a "Patch Approch"... the boot-123 is unknown for me (for the moment but it is very interresting...)

Keep care Kiu777 ! I have a vanilla kernel and I have to replace "don't steal Mac OS-X" by "dsmos"

guys, i´ve got a problem.

installed with "netkas" method and now i get these messages (system halts)

jnl: unknown _dev: replay _journal: _from 741888 to:3076608

jnl: unknown _dev: journal replay done

what does that mean? any chance to get it running?

i finally got it working on my 1st rig (ideneb 1.1 10.5.4)

follow netkas method http://netkas.org/?p=50

dont worry about the "dont steal from mac os x" if you can't find it

will reboot twice

re-check your system profiler (i only had to re-install io80211family.kext for my wifi)

but always back up your modified kext just to make sure (better to have full back up too)

i was using 9.2.0 sleep kernel, now it says 9.5.0 vanilla, sleep/restart/shutdown works!!!!!

on my 2nd rig, i did the same method but this time i have to reinstall alc889a kext, and thats it

was using vanilla 9.4.0, restart/shutdown works, sleep still not working

hope this helps

All good here :(

Updated from Software Update from 10.4

Using Retail install with boot-123 on Intel DualCore E2140 and Asus P5B board.

I put sound kexts in Extras folder so I didn't have any problems with sound :)

Which sound kexts did you put in your Extras folder? I also tried to do that and copied AppleHDA.kext into it, but when I rebooted I lost sound anyway and had to reinstall. Can you tell me which .kexts you put in your Extras folder for the sound part? Thanks mate. :)

sorry, didn't work on my HP 6710b...

Installed delta update over 10.5.4 Vanilla + EFI + GUID.

No screen with X3100, put my old kext in, did get a blue screen, turned black and mouse pointer but nothing else...used -v -f twice and I did erase the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext before booting up the first time.

Any one had success on X3100 Laptop's ?

Updated using netkas old method with the combo update. All went fine, still have sound, qe/qi etc but it broke my ACPIPS2nub. I now have no keyboard or mouse. Hard to install the extensions again when I can not type my user password and it won't let me copy/paste.

Was 10.5.4 all vanilla besides HDAenabler

Foodie Monster, I believe these are the two you need from your pre 10.5.5 extensions backup: ALCinject and AppleHDA

Which sound kexts did you put in your Extras folder? I also tried to do that and copied AppleHDA.kext into it, but when I rebooted I lost sound anyway and had to reinstall. Can you tell me which .kexts you put in your Extras folder for the sound part? Thanks mate. :)

I'm staying with Leopard 10.5.4. This new update (10.5.5) is a waste of time and doesn't :) work!!!

I have tried everything instructed on the forum to get 10.5.5 working but it just crashes mid way through install with the transparent black screen telling me to restart my computer!! :D:P

ARRRRRGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!

Artmuzz

Update went smoothly here :)

System specs:

P5K Premium WiFi w/ Q6600

Kalyway 10.5.1 > 10.5.2 > 10.5.3 > 10.5.4

XFX 8600GT 512MB RAM (w/ NVInstaller v.52)

Downloaded 10.5.5 Update (not combo) from Apple, and installed using netkas' instructions, didn't need to modify the InstallAtStartup script. Restarted (plain restart, no F8, no -v, and no -f).

Everything seems to work perfectly, didn't need to reinstall any kexts. Video still works with QE/CI. Audio still works.

Also tried the same exact procedure on a iDeneb 10.5.4 installation (installed on an iPod) and it went fine as well.

Hope it helps.

:D

I'm staying with Leopard 10.5.4. This new update (10.5.5) is a waste of time and doesn't :) work!!!

I have tried everything instructed on the forum to get 10.5.5 working but it just crashes mid way through install with the transparent black screen telling me to restart my computer!! :D:P

ARRRRRGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!

Artmuzz

buy an original Mac o.ô

btt: any updates on AMD?

I need this update. I hope I can use iCal after the update >_<

Installed from the downloaded delta updater. It double booted (very tense moment!!!) then I had to reinstall the audio with the taruga patcher. No performance gain in X-bench or Geek Bench. :) Strangely my isync went nuts when it was done.

buy an original Mac o.ô

btt: any updates on AMD?

I need this update. I hope I can use iCal after the update >_<

I have 3 original Macs. I have a MacBook Pro, iMac and MacBook. But my Hackintosh is faster as its a Quad and only cost me £299 plus Kalyway 10.5.2, 10.5.3 and Apple Leopard 10.5.4 worked great.

I updated my system from 10.5.4 with the apple softwareupdate. The system is crashing at 40 %. Apples *BLUESCREEN*. After that the system wasn't able to boot. Try a reinstall from Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD. (NOT deleted the old partition) System starts up but the finder and many other applications does not start. i started the SW-Update again with the apple combo update ... same error again.

HW:

Gigabyte DSP-DS3 rev 2.1

Core 2 Quad

Geforce 8800 GT

Trying to istall Leopard from Retail DVD with the 123 boot method. Still waiting for root device... I think i must use my slower macbook for the next time.

I'm staying with Leopard 10.5.4. This new update (10.5.5) is a waste of time and doesn't :censored2: work!!!

I have tried everything instructed on the forum to get 10.5.5 working but it just crashes mid way through install with the transparent black screen telling me to restart my computer!! :wacko::(

ARRRRRGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!

Artmuzz

Tough it out. This update is worth it. Apps launch and execute much faster than they did in 10.5.4

I am loving the zippiness of 10.5.5

@FoodieMonster: IOAudioFamily and AppleAzaliaAudio, but I have different audio chip (AD19something..) than you, yours may differ.

Here is the link to my extra folder so you can see for yourself:

http://rapidshare.com/files/145877419/Extensions.zip.html

sorry for the noobish question :censored2:

but how can i save the the InstallAtStartup script (following netkas method)????

i did prevent the appleintelcpu..kext from being installed using the script and did change the line in the startup script.

but how can i save these changes, just changing the line and quitting terminal isn´t enough (tried it too many times today).

sorry for being such a noob :wacko:

PLEASE HELP!

Tough it out. This update is worth it. Apps launch and execute much faster than they did in 10.5.4

I am loving the zippiness of 10.5.5

Okay, how do I fix this. I have tried the terminal to no avail. What next? Should I find the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and delete it manually while 10.5.5 is installing?

Please advise

Artmuzz