RELEASE 10.5.5

Lila

157 posts in this topic

Thank you Chevy but this method didn't work for me :'(

I've tried it and as before i got a kernel panic.

Like you said i paste the whole command in Terminal, launch the update. But kernel panic at 78 % on AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement

After reinstalling for the 2(0) times, it is working like you said. You have to write "sudo -s" in the terminal first.

(for many it is obvious, but not for me, i'm a beginner in Apple's world )

I didn't remove any kext and i didn't have to reinstall some of them.

{censored} that's right! I completely forgot to add that. I'm sorry. :unsure: Glad you got it to work. Nice job.

Chevy

updated from 10.5.4. non-vanilla kernel.

just used "while sleep 1; do rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext; done"

installed the delta update

installed modbin kernel 9.4.0 (mach_kernel and system.kext) using pcwiz's osx86tools

rebooted. everything worked fine.

just to be sure, re-installed the SATA driver from iAtkos v4i disk.

everything is working fine.

NOTE: I DID NOT REMOVE ANY KEXT.

So you updated to 10.5.5, but you are using the 9.4 non vanilla kernel, correct?

Chevy

just updated myself without any issues with while sleep 1; do rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext; done , install update, restart, reinstalled audio/video kexts +ich9fixed from ideneb1.1 (weird issue... the partitions were mounting with a few seconds dellay)

Learned from my previous failed experience not to read the instructions listed from the experience personnel and followed the one provided in this very thread and they worked flawlessly updated my iDeneb v1.1 10.5.4 to 10.5.5 without any hiccups AT all :D .Thanks to netkas for his excellent update guide!

Okay, I did it the kamikaze way!

Because the update from kalyway 10.5.3 > 10.5.4

was only to click the Apple Update button - without any flaw,

so I thought I could do that again to get 10.5.5

But by restarting, my box stalls on about 38% update integration

like it was reported here in that thread.

After rebooting with "-v -f" I've got the kernel panic.

Restarting with "-s" for removing a KEXT - kernel panic too.

So I rebooted my box using my kalyway 10.5.1 DVD

and did in Utilties > Terminal

rm -rf /Volumes/LEO/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

because the Install-DVD mounts all available/accessable partitions

Rebooting again - the Apple Desktop appears and uses vanilla kernel 10.5.5

The only one I had to do now was to put AppleHDA.kext and ALCinject.kext into

/System/Library/Extensions/

(which I had saved before updating) to get my sound device working again.

Now I think, it should be much better I had fired up

the command (as described here in that thread too - AND before starting the update):

while sleep 1; rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

I have learned, yes - but it was a bit too late...

post-128911-1221923422_thumb.jpg

Hackintosh problem???

Success mostly here on my Gateway Hack, installed via OSX Software Update, but got the "black screen of death" with 2 mouse cursors on reboot. I have Intel Integrated X3100 GMA 965 Graphics.

FIX FOR INTEL X3100:

1. Reboot into Single User Mode
  2. Manually Delete X3100 Kexts from /System/Library/Extensions
  3. Boot Up normally in 1024x768 Mode
  4. Install Leopard Graphics Update 1.0 with Pacifist
  5. Restore any customized graphics kexts (if you are using them) from pre 10.5.5 backup
  6. Reboot with -f flag
  7. QE and CI, screen resolution change should be back working!

My way for update was:

1. Try to install via Software Update and die in a horrible panic (well, my CPU is Celeron M 530)

2. Boot single-user, just to find out that no high-level tool will work when there's no diskarbitrationd up.

3. Remove offending kext, just to find out that the system is unusable — half of the old libraries were already deleted while new ones still not in place. A terrible mess.

4. Burn ol' good Kalyway 10.5.1 DVD, insert, attach external display and boot it up (some 30 minutes, yeah)

5. Try to use its Installer.app to install the .pkg file, only to find out that it won't work correctly when your root filesystem is not set properly.

6. Whack “Restart” thoughtlessly and wait another 30 minutes.

7. Read man 8 installer and install damn .pkg using that.

8. Reboot maybe twice, I don't remember by now.

9. It works! `uname -a` = Darwin porter.local 9.5.0 Darwin Kernel Version 9.5.0: Wed Sep 3 11:29:43 PDT 2008; root:xnu-1228.7.58~1/RELEASE_I386 i386

Now go figure out what steps to omit if you are more careful than me. :)

After reviewed all the post regarding updates here. I updated to 10.5.5 with no issues. This is what I did.

Open terminal type "sudo -s"

Type "while sleep 1; do rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext; done" from the previous post.

Installed the update, the 316.9meg one. I don't know what the other combo update is for?

Rebooted once. Everything is working ok. Didn't need to install anything after.

Thank you.

Am happy to report that I successfully updated from 10.5.4 to 10.5.5 following the instructions posted here.

Used the 316mb 10.5.5 update and made sure to have terminal open with the requisite command entered.

On first reboot, orphaned files were fixed; on second reboot, booted with no problems.

pax1234 - your successful experience made me go ahead and give it a shot, thanks!

Thanks also to all for the instructions and shared experiences!

I have an AMD Turion HP laptop.

I opened Zephyroth's Software Update and ran a "Modify Only".

Then I opened the package in Pacifist and installed all but the Extensions folder.

After installing with Pacifist, immediately reboot. It should take longer than usual.

Rebooted again, repaired permissions, and my system is faster than ever.

anyone having issues with time machine? I just updated via the posted terminal method, had to reinstall audio and battery meter, and everything is now working perfectly again except for time machine. kept getting errors that it couldn't find the volume. no issues in disk utility..ended up reformatting and just doing a fresh backup now.

Dell Dimension 9100 Stock +

Nvidia 8600 GT 256

Kalyway 10.5.2 w/ 9.22 EMT64 Kernel

AppleHDA Patcher

I did the combo updater from 10.5.2 to 10.5.5 using Netkas method for 10.5.3 etc.

Result: Infinite Reboot.

Notes: I'm hella rusty so I'm not to familiar with all these new update processes. I copied over System.kext which may have screwed me up. Since the Dell 9100 is an P4 chip, I thought that was the right choice.

Installed update (manually downloaded intel only) and rebooted fine using Netkas's method.

However, no networking and no audio, fixed networking with the appleYukon2.kext

Initially tired to fix the audio using the ALC882 AppleHDA v0.4b.mpkg but this didn't work.

Extracted the kexts from the mpkg using Pacifist and installed them using Osx86tools - works fine now.

Everthing else seems to be working fine.

Motherboard: Foxconn 975x7ab, Intel core 2 duo 2.4ghz

I successfully updated to 10.5.5

my PC is Asus P5KPL-VM

Leo4Allv1 -> Kalyway Combo Update 10.5.3 - > Software Update 10.5.4 -> 10.5.5 Downloaded Update (316 mb)

The only thing I did was executing AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext deleting script

I didn't backup any kexts. After update i had everything working still sound and lan. QE CI support with ATI 2600 HD Pro was gone. I reinstalled the new 10.5.5 driver which i found here http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=107526 and QE CI is back.

P5W-DH install with Kaly 10.5.2 100% Working! just:

- DL and start the AppleCombo10.5.5

- remove AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext (script or manually),

- replaced from 10.5.2 native install your favorites kext (for me: AppleHDA, AppleSMBIOS),

- BUT, for me, graphics kext from 10.5.2 don't work. The good are HERE. Thanks to Bronya!!.

hi.. im using a macbook pro 2.4 GHz/800MHz/2Gb RAM, dual booted with XP Professional SP2 (Intel C2D).

just d/l 10.5.5 using software update.

my problem is that i cant access the internet using Mac. even now, im using the XP partition.

the ethernet conection shows green, and all th lights on my DSL modem too seem fine.

can anybody plz help??

hi.. im using a macbook pro 2.4 GHz/800MHz/2Gb RAM, dual booted with XP Professional SP2 (Intel C2D).

just d/l 10.5.5 using software update.

my problem is that i cant access the internet using Mac. even now, im using the XP partition.

the ethernet conection shows green, and all th lights on my DSL modem too seem fine.

can anybody plz help??

Wrong forum, wrong topic, wrong place.

Installed once with combo update and intelcpupowermanagement.kext removal terminal script and update failed when I rebooted. (darn)

Rebuilt my machine today Kalyway 10.5.2->10.5.3 and tried again. This time I also edited the update script "1" file with dsmos.kext (replace "don't steal Mac OS-X"). Rebooted twice with -v -f and all was fine this time

*phew*

GA-EP35-DS3P / Core Duo / 4Gb

10.5.5 on my Thinkpad T61 (video GMAX3100) gave me black screen with two cursors, as for some others here. I figured out that the culprit was the OpenGL.framework and QuartzCore.framework (one or both, have not checked yet). After replacing them with those from my 10.5.4 system backup, I got everything working. Hope this helps.

Edited: Actually it was the OpenGL.framework which gave problems, QuartzCore.framework from 10.5.5 is ok.

updated from 10.5.4. non-vanilla kernel.

just used "while sleep 1; do rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext; done"

installed the delta update

installed modbin kernel 9.4.0 (mach_kernel and system.kext) using pcwiz's osx86tools

rebooted. everything worked fine.

just to be sure, re-installed the SATA driver from iAtkos v4i disk.

everything is working fine.

NOTE: I DID NOT REMOVE ANY KEXT.

i did mine this way, minus the sata from JaS 10.5.4 and its running great.. :wacko: