AppleSMBIOSEFI for Tiger and Leopard

242 posts in this topic

look in build/developement install kext with kexthelper

Thanks Chun-Nan !

I have opened the 10.5.3 combo update with pacifist 2.5.2 and cannot find a directory called build? I tried to extract the whole update and it gives an error.

I have opened the 10.5.3 combo update with pacifist 2.5.2 and cannot find a directory called build? I tried to extract the whole update and it gives an error.

nah man, those directions are for finding the built AppleSMBIOSEFI.kext amongst all the other source stuff in this threads download zip. the vanilla AppleSMBIOS.kext you're looking for is inside the 10.5.3 combo update, in the same directory it is on your hard disk, system/library/extentions

Chun-Nan I wan to report that I am having problems with the Sharing Pane on System Preferences, I cant set off the File Sharing option, and all the Sharing Pane is very slow, I reverted to patched AppleSMBIOS and without AppleSMBIOSEFI the pane beahaivor is normal again.

Chun-Nan I wan to report that I am having problems with the Sharing Pane on System Preferences, I cant set off the File Sharing option, and all the Sharing Pane is very slow, I reverted to patched AppleSMBIOS and without AppleSMBIOSEFI the pane beahaivor is normal again.

Comes up instantly here so there may be something local to your machine involved in the problem.

Hi, working but a new app (Squeeze 5) crashes.

It wants to read an serial (HW) .

I found out that systemprofiler didnt show serial in last line of HW Info.

How can i add an serial in EFI strings or have i do some more (network kexts?!)

Thanks

Screenshoot working below (No serial number shown)

Bild_31.jpg

My system informations shows "System Serial Number", how do I enter a real serial number?

Hi, working but a new app (Squeeze 5) crashes.

It wants to read an serial (HW) .

I found out that systemprofiler didnt show serial in last line of HW Info.

How can i add an serial in EFI strings or have i do some more (network kexts?!)

Thanks

Screenshoot working below (No serial number shown)

Hi spectra, and mitch_de,

I added "serial-number" on AppleSMBIOSEFI-28. The default is "W1234567890". You can give it a try and let me know the result.

Chun-Nan

which part of the cpp file do you edit to change model and serial so it shows up like a macbook

Hi demonfox13x,

Open AppleSMBIOSEFI.cpp with Xcode.

If you want to change model, search "MacPro3,1" and change it to whatever you want. (You might need to change the size of OSData::withCapacity if the size of new value is not 9)

If you want to change serial number, search "W1234567890" and change it to whatever you want. (You might need to change the size of OSData::withCapacity if the size of new value is not 11)

Save and Compile. Then it should work.

Chun-Nan

By far the best SMBIOS injector I have used (Dell XPS M1530), many thanks Chun-Nan :unsure:

Only discrepancy is that the memory in DIMM slot 2 isn't showing its rated speed.

"Hi spectra, and mitch_de,

I added "serial-number" on AppleSMBIOSEFI-28. The default is "W1234567890". You can give it a try and let me know the result.

Chun-Nan"

Works perfect, no more crash of About Mac ..., Apps which need HW-serial working now.

All right, I'm confused, someone explain this to me. I'm supposed to use the vanilla AppleSMBIOS.kext, and put this alongside it, then it produces the same effect as running a hacked AppleSMBIOS? This is to achieve "vanilla perfection," right? So all we need any more is retail install + dsmos + this and it all goes?

All right, I'm confused, someone explain this to me. I'm supposed to use the vanilla AppleSMBIOS.kext, and put this alongside it, then it produces the same effect as running a hacked AppleSMBIOS? This is to achieve "vanilla perfection," right? So all we need any more is retail install + dsmos + this and it all goes?

Yes that is correct.

Quartz Extreme etc. now working again with the latest _28 with my backed up XT folder + original AppleSMBios 1.0.14 from 10.5.3 (attached) ..

tried to narrow down now what caused this, but couldn't figure it out ..

anyway, that's what we have all these backups for .. :lol:

Thanks again for your work, Chun-Nan B) !

AppleSMBIOS_original_1.0.14_from_10.5.3.zip

Quartz Extreme etc. now working again with the latest _28 with my backed up XT folder + original AppleSMBios 1.0.14 from 10.5.3 (attached) ..

tried to narrow down now what caused this, but couldn't figure it out ..

anyway, that's what we have all these backups for .. :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks again for your work, Chun-Nan B) !

Thanks very much for uploading the kext, works perfectly and saves on downloading the whole 10.5.3 update :)

=/ i cant get it to work can someone modify it so it can show as a macbook pro icon. im still getting the iMac icon and invalid values when i try to modify it myself.. im a noob =(

I've compiled the kext myself and, using the AppleSMBIOS.kext above your post, have got the system thinking it's a Macbook Pro

screen

Attached both kexts I used. Used Kext Helper b7 to install them, then ran the permissions script in the same program, rebooted (needed a couple a restarts the get the system going) and it worked.

Amazing kext Chun-nan, never ever been able to fix the "About This Mac" finder crash with any other SMBIOS, and I've tried loads. cheers :)

mbp_smbios_kexts.zip

boba899 how did u set Model Name to MacBook Pro? not Model Identifier, that one works for me and is already MacBookPro4,1

Can't get it to show MacBook Pro only Mac, tried to change in project to Mac-F42C86C8 instead Mac-F42C88C8, like on vanilla one, still no luck :D

Any help please? Also coolbook dosen't throttle...

Chun-Nan,

Just wanted to say thank you for this excellent project. It is working very well on my old P4 build. Nothing I have been able to do has solved the "About This Mac" crash or other SystemProfiler issues. But your AppleSMBIOSEFI has solved all of these problems.

About the only thing that is not correct is that System Profiler is reporting 1 core, but with P4-HT it should say 2. I can live with that.

Again, thanks!

Mr.Bungle

Chun-Nan did I miss something?

I dont get why if I use MacBookPro3,1 i got on system profiler Model Name: MacBook Pro, and if I use MacBookPro4,1 I got got on system profiler only Model Name: Mac !

What is wrong?

Also as i sad that coolbook.app refuse to throttle my cpu no mather what i do, i know this mods are just cosmetic, but why dosent work, and works on non SantaRosa model?

Here are my new lappie specs:

ASUS M50SV CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T8300 @ 2.39GHz [sSE3/PAE/XD/EST/VMX/EM64T/DualCore] L2 Cache: 3MB FSB: 800MHz RAM Usage: 799.0MB/4.0GB [❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❙] Disk Usage: 97.24GB/305.84GB Display: NVIDIA GeForce 9500M GS [512 MB/QE/CI] 1440x900 Audio: Apple HDA OS: Mac OS X 10.5.4 (9E17)