AppleSMBIOSEFI for Tiger and Leopard

242 posts in this topic

Hello, is there any way (and if not could you add it), to change the Processor identified in System Profiler? We have found a package "MS Silverlight" that won't install because it uses the following command to check host architecture:

system_profiler SPHardwareDataType -xml | grep "Intel"

On my system, a Gigabyte 965P DS3 board with retail install of 10.5.4 then upgraded to 10.5.6, and using your kext, that command doesn't return anything. Also, only Processor Speed is reported in System Profiler.

Thanks!,

Bart

Hello, is there any way (and if not could you add it), to change the Processor identified in System Profiler? We have found a package "MS Silverlight" that won't install because it uses the following command to check host architecture:

system_profiler SPHardwareDataType -xml | grep "Intel"

On my system, a Gigabyte 965P DS3 board with retail install of 10.5.4 then upgraded to 10.5.6, and using your kext, that command doesn't return anything. Also, only Processor Speed is reported in System Profiler.

Thanks!,

Bart

That's weird, I have a GA P35 DS3L board and it show correctly in system profile... perhaps could be a conflicting kext that you had already or someone with more knowledge can explain you more about this error :blink: BTW: I already had installed MS Silverlight and everything is fine in here.

So for me, with vanilla 10.5.6 and AppleACPIPlatform.kext 1.2.4, this injector fails to update Model Name and Model Identifier. If I drop back to version 1.0.3 of AppleACPIPlatform.kext, it successfully inserts those values.

Would like to use the current vanilla AppleACPIPlatform.kext.

So for me, with vanilla 10.5.6 and AppleACPIPlatform.kext 1.2.4, this injector fails to update Model Name and Model Identifier. If I drop back to version 1.0.3 of AppleACPIPlatform.kext, it successfully inserts those values.

Would like to use the current vanilla AppleACPIPlatform.kext.

I have the same issue, I think we will have to wait until someone created an AppleSMBIOSEFI that works with the latest AppleACPIPlatform

I have the same issue, I think we will have to wait until someone created an AppleSMBIOSEFI that works with the latest AppleACPIPlatform

Hi,

Previously, before updated to 10.5.6, did your processor detected properly for example; "Core 2 Duo" or "Core 2 Quad" or etc? My old desktop (it belong to my friend now), using Intel motherboard Q35 chipset with Core 2 Duo, OSX detected it as "2.66GHz Unknown processor". It was using JaS 10.5.4 updated to 10.5.5. On my notebook however OS X don't have problem detecting the processor. I have tried both SMBIOSResolver & AppleSMBIOSEFI on that desktop but still with the same result.

kizwan

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for this .kext it really works well,

no crashing on about this mac etc...

However it does not show my processor and buss speed correctly

I have a 1.8 ghz core 2 duo which shows as 450 mhz

and buss speed is 800 ghz but shows as 200ghz..

is this important for apps etc or is it OK to leave as it is.

Thanks again...

Also is there a new version...?

About This Mac still crashes for me on my Hack Pro (works fine on my Hackbook Nano). I'm using this with the vanilla AppleSMBIOS kext. :)

I think I'm the only one left with this problem. One of Netkas' old kexts was working for me up to 10.5.5. No other SMBIOS or enabler has worked for 10.5.6, including this one. But it seems to work for everyone else, so at least I know that my next hackintosh won't have this problem. So nice job, anyway!

• 2 weeks later...
where we can find the uuid fix?

Two ways you can do it firstly the thread below by using the DSDT.aml it can generate with the fix or by copying the IONetworkingFamily into the .kext named the same replacing the one already in there in the Contents directory I think I have attached this file.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=142434

IONetworkingFamily.zip

• 3 weeks later...