• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

oregano

oregano

oregano!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts
Oh I think the current Macs are best. They keep getting better and better.

Although iBooks were really good...just kidding!

jonz14

jonz14

Insanely Better Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
The most revelutionary product (within Apple and the industry) would without a doubt be the iMac G3, because it started the one-of-a-kind designs seen with Apple products today.

Best Selling would be the iPod. Nuff' said.

The best design for an Apple product would be the Mac Pro, not only does it look cool on the outside, but it looks good on the inside as well.

Best overall quality would be the MacBook Core Duos when they first were released.
(I was kidding)

Best OS for the time would obviously be OS 10.4, and I honestly can't seem to think of a different answer coming from a mac forum.

Ferret-Simpson

Ferret-Simpson

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts
Jonz - You're wrong about the iMac G3.

I think the most revolutionary Apple product is the Apple Mac.

(Yes, the 128k one)

xtraa

xtraa

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts
I think the Apple Cube deserves the first place of Apple design.

It is the classic synthesis of form follows function in every aspect, referenced in basic knowledge about industrial design and it ist the ONLY computer that has it's place as an exhibit in the museum of modern art.

And tomorrow, I will get one 4 free from a friend of mine :thumbsup_anim: :wallbash:

wanamino

wanamino

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Interests:Operating Systems, fps games, cuisine, cinema and friends....and a lot more computer, jejejeje
The best mac?...the hackintosh, you build your machine at your own tastes and money jeej
The second after that, the g5 quad, for his AMAZING perfomance crunching numbers

Dainix

Dainix

Level 12 Warmage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Interests:15% APR for three years. After that, it's 20%.
My vote goes for the iMac G4. While the thing's heavy as hell, it has an incredibly unique design.

Hokusai

Hokusai

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Really difficult to say...

* Most revolutionary within Apple
The first Intel machine: revolutionary for a company that always used Motorola/IBM cpus (well, excluding the Apple II)

* Most revolutionary within industry
The first Mac, of course! In the 1984 was a dream.. and we are still dreaming! I could also say "The Lisa" but it had so little life and market

* Best selling
The iMac G3, the machine that let Apple survive and start again (it's a Jobs' product...)

* Most technically advanced for the day
The first Mac

* Best industrial design
The first Mac, the iMac G3

* Best reviews
Quite every Apple product...

* Best overall quality
Quite every Apple product... I have some 15-years old machine still working...

* Best OS for the time
In 1984 the System 1.0, then the Os X...

But the best of all will be surely... the next one! ;)

eugmoon

eugmoon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
Hmm. This is a tough one. I could go with the original Mac because of how revolutionary it was. The II for introducing expansion slots. The iMac for everything it means to the Apple of today.

But, in the end, I think I'm going to have to go with the Mac Plus. The reason I choose it over the original is that the original 128K Mac, well, it sucked. I mean, it was awesomely cool and all. But it flat out sucked to use.

As for why I chose the Plus over a later model is that, for me, it lies at the tipping point between those limited and useless 128K and 512K Macs and everything that came after (the II series, the SE and SE/30, the Quadra line, and so on).

Now, I'm sure for other people, their "tipping point" between worthless Mac and awesome Mac is going to differ from mine. But the Plus is my choice.

non sequitur

non sequitur

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts
I believe that the iMac G3 was the best computer for the time. It blew anything else at the time out of the water. 10.3 was the best OS for the time, and 10.4 only improved upon 10.3. I believe that the iBook G3 was an amazing computer, and it looks so damn good. I've heard some bad things about the Cube, but I'd love to have one and make it a project to make an OS X box out of it. I love my MacBook Pro, and it is my personal favorite product because it is everything I could ever want in a computer. You can't really go wrong with an Apple these days.

FreakyMac

FreakyMac

InsanelyFail

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts
I beleive the iMac G4 (Lamp) Flat panel was the Best Cause it revolutionize the way Flat panels are used and I beleive the G4 Cube is the best design ever, I wish the would make them both come back, bigger and improved than ever :(

Conroe Mac

Conroe Mac

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Interests:Beer, fast cars/women, and kicking babies.
Apple IIe

Whoever says there aren't games for apple hardware, never played Oregon Trail!

bigeasy

bigeasy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
while a stock g4 cube has limited uses these days, you can get some serious upgrades for it. i've seen some with dual 1.8 g4/1.5gb ram/120gb hdd and modern-ish graphics cards (gf 6200/ati 9800) and these have some serious beef! even my lowly 1.2ghz cube with rage128 feels smooth as silk, although it doesnt have QE or CI

nickg331

nickg331

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
don't know if its the best, but i love the intel imac. its beautifully designed (all in the monitor, magnetic remote holder), isight camera, and can be upgraded to be an extremely fast computer.

Azurael

Azurael

How many Ace Rimmers does it take to change a lightbulb?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts
The TAM's got to be it...

It might just've been a 5500 in a different case with an LCD attached to it, and it might have cost $10,000, but it was the precursor for all the clean, stylish looking Macs that were to follow, especially reminiscent of today's machines like the black MacBook and aluminium machines.

U.C.

U.C.

The Leopard Roars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts
  • Interests:Everything Apple, Computers, Movies

The TAM's got to be it...

It might just've been a 5500 in a different case with an LCD attached to it, and it might have cost $10,000, but it was the precursor for all the clean, stylish looking Macs that were to follow, especially reminiscent of today's machines like the black MacBook and aluminium machines.

Finally some one who agrees with me. I like the G4 Cube n all, but I guess this started the whole iMac thing.

Dont kick me if they had LCD iMacs before this, I actually dont know if they did or didnt.

Powerbras

Powerbras

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Posted Image

No more explanation needed :) .

Some_Person

Some_Person

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
I'd have to say the Mac 128k. It's the one that started it all.

SunLizard

SunLizard

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
My 2cents:

* Most revolutionary within Apple - Toss up between 1st Gen MAC or Newton (for breaking how the user interracts with machine.)
* Most revolutionary within industry - iPod + iTunes. Bring digital to the masses. (even your mom can do it...)
* Best selling - iPod again (no company, outside of Apple, has 60 percent market share of a commercially licensed technology.)
* Most technically advanced for the day - Newton
* Best industrial design - Apple ][ series . I kicked one down the hall and it booted okay.
* Best reviews - Tiger
* Best overall quality - Mac Mini (now if only we could get electricity to go wireless...)
* Best OS for the time - OsX, open source for the masses? (well almost.)

invisibl

invisibl

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
The best Mac ever???

The one(s) you currently own.

track09

track09

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
I always liked the Apple IIgs. But for Macs, I also liked the Performa 5200s. Anyway, I liked the iMac G4 the most. If they brought back that design, with an Intel CPU, it'd be sweet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy