Greatest Mac in History

Swad

182 posts in this topic

add another vote for the apple G4 powermac cube! ;)

altho there were only 148,000 that rolled off the production line, its the most beautiful apple in my eyes :D

i feel lucky, i got a whole bunch of them last december :P (2 working and 4 cases)

add another vote for the apple G4 powermac cube! ;)

altho there were only 148,000 that rolled off the production line, its the most beautiful apple in my eyes :P

i feel lucky, i got a whole bunch of them last december :P (2 working and 4 cases)

drop somethin like a p4 up in one of those :D

the project core2duo cubed teaser (link in my sig) is me dropping a 2ghz core2duo into one ;)

much much faster than a p4 :D

lol just a little bit..... and im still on biosmodding! lol good project though!

my last reply was way off topic, so the most influential mac...

the original iMac. The revision A iMac, Bondi Blue, 233 Mhz PowerPC 750 (G3). It gave people a cheap, powerful mac at a decent price, and it looked nice. for the first time in computer history (1999) a computer wasnt beige or black, it was semi-translucent blue and white.

the greatest... cant say. apple is always getting better, so the greatest mac is always changing.

but the (two) coolest and most classic looking i can think of: The Cube and the G4 iMacs (the one with the round white base and movable screen)

when my dad worked for a manhattan graphics firm way back when, they were the first to get cubes, and they were absolutely the coolest things i had ever seen. truly a work of technological art.

the second gen G4 iMacs are another favorite, but for no main reason. they just looked cool. (i think they introduced the "angelic" white weve all come to know and love on these models.)

the imac g4s are fun ( i played tuxracer on one last time i was supposed to be taking a french test). i would love to see apple bring back one like that. i am going to make a c2d imac g4 thing when i build up my funds again.

the best thing which Apple makes is OSX.

the greates mac for me is G4 cube - there is no analogs in the world !!

but it's not the best selling product - it's an uncommon product.

i'll be glad to have modern model like old cube.

also the best designed mac is a Job's lamp (iMac G4).

another one for the cube, i think they are super cool.

But that said im a huge fan of the Blue and White G3, it was powerful, expandable with normal pc components, that fantastic case that folded open, had firewire and usb so it holds its own even today. And runs from OS 8 through to 10.4 and 10.5 with some coaxing. truely amazing considering its from 99. mine is still going strong today. and it looked so slick compared to the market at the time.

The Imac G3.... its the reason apple is still around to day :thumbsup_anim: we sould all worship it hehe

the lamp iMac G4 is het only mac i have never owned but its so nice i deam about owning one

the quicksilver G4 design is what i like the moost. :star_smile:

Definitely the cube. I can see how it would be hard to argue otherwise.

Poor pricing and sales, which is what did the cube in. I think Apple could re-release something similar today and it would be more in the imac price range than powermac/mac pro though. People would definitely buy it at $1000-1500 I think.

Poor pricing and sales, which is what did the cube in. I think Apple could re-release something similar today and it would be more in the imac price range than powermac/mac pro though. People would definitely buy it at $1000-1500 I think.

Well, pricing and sales have nothing to do with the actual computer itself, you know what I mean? It failed not because it wasn't a great computer - it was, it is by far the most cost-effective easily customizable mac that has ever been released, even today. But that's what made it so great, you know?

The most revelutionary product (within Apple and the industry) would without a doubt be the iMac G3, because it started the one-of-a-kind designs seen with Apple products today.

Best Selling would be the iPod. Nuff' said.

The best design for an Apple product would be the Mac Pro, not only does it look cool on the outside, but it looks good on the inside as well.

Best overall quality would be the MacBook Core Duos when they first were released.

(I was kidding)

Best OS for the time would obviously be OS 10.4, and I honestly can't seem to think of a different answer coming from a mac forum.

I think the Apple Cube deserves the first place of Apple design.

It is the classic synthesis of form follows function in every aspect, referenced in basic knowledge about industrial design and it ist the ONLY computer that has it's place as an exhibit in the museum of modern art.

And tomorrow, I will get one 4 free from a friend of mine :thumbsup_anim::wallbash:

The best mac?...the hackintosh, you build your machine at your own tastes and money jeej

The second after that, the g5 quad, for his AMAZING perfomance crunching numbers

Really difficult to say...

* Most revolutionary within Apple

The first Intel machine: revolutionary for a company that always used Motorola/IBM cpus (well, excluding the Apple II)

* Most revolutionary within industry

The first Mac, of course! In the 1984 was a dream.. and we are still dreaming! I could also say "The Lisa" but it had so little life and market

* Best selling

The iMac G3, the machine that let Apple survive and start again (it's a Jobs' product...)

* Most technically advanced for the day

The first Mac

* Best industrial design

The first Mac, the iMac G3

* Best reviews

Quite every Apple product...

* Best overall quality

Quite every Apple product... I have some 15-years old machine still working...

* Best OS for the time

In 1984 the System 1.0, then the Os X...

But the best of all will be surely... the next one! ;)

Hmm. This is a tough one. I could go with the original Mac because of how revolutionary it was. The II for introducing expansion slots. The iMac for everything it means to the Apple of today.

But, in the end, I think I'm going to have to go with the Mac Plus. The reason I choose it over the original is that the original 128K Mac, well, it sucked. I mean, it was awesomely cool and all. But it flat out sucked to use.

As for why I chose the Plus over a later model is that, for me, it lies at the tipping point between those limited and useless 128K and 512K Macs and everything that came after (the II series, the SE and SE/30, the Quadra line, and so on).

Now, I'm sure for other people, their "tipping point" between worthless Mac and awesome Mac is going to differ from mine. But the Plus is my choice.

I believe that the iMac G3 was the best computer for the time. It blew anything else at the time out of the water. 10.3 was the best OS for the time, and 10.4 only improved upon 10.3. I believe that the iBook G3 was an amazing computer, and it looks so damn good. I've heard some bad things about the Cube, but I'd love to have one and make it a project to make an OS X box out of it. I love my MacBook Pro, and it is my personal favorite product because it is everything I could ever want in a computer. You can't really go wrong with an Apple these days.

I beleive the iMac G4 (Lamp) Flat panel was the Best Cause it revolutionize the way Flat panels are used and I beleive the G4 Cube is the best design ever, I wish the would make them both come back, bigger and improved than ever :(