[pre-release] macOS High Sierra

3,737 posts in this topic

To be honest, Pentium-based hackintosh is fairly small portion of the hacks out there. As for as I am concerned, you have to fake cpu id to ivy bridge aka 0306A0 even kernel supports your cpu. For example, 10.12 supports Skylake without problems. But pentium-based Skylake still needs to fake cpu id to 0306A0. After all, pentium differs from core series.

You're definitely right.

I tested all the config.plist and they all worked for me. But I figured I only boot if the first drop tables option on the clover is checked. I also realized that no matter which config.plist I test (18.1, 18.2 and 18.3) always appears in About This Mac as iMac Late 2015. I think it should be 2017 right?

But even so, Kaby Lake is running without FakeCPUID.

Well, there are different parts in a SMBIOS settings which I don't have right now, but there's no need to worry about that, pretty soon all the new SMBIOS settings will be added to Clover Configurator and we can easily select which ever suits us.

But in the meanwhile I'll work on these SMBIOS setting to see if I can make them to show the right information in the About This Mac

where can i get nullCPU.kext?

Hi, maybe you can check out #510. Success on kabylake confirmed even though it's not me. :(

I tested all the config.plist and they all worked for me. But I figured I only boot if the first drop tables option on the clover is checked. I also realized that no matter which config.plist I test (18.1, 18.2 and 18.3) always appears in About This Mac as iMac Late 2015. I think it should be 2017 right?

But even so, Kaby Lake is running without FakeCPUID.

http://i.imgur.com/Obq62Eq.jpg

Which clover revision are you using? Seems like i am not able to change config on the fly within clover itself. Even though I selected another config, the contents did not update.

KabyLake iMac SMBIOS details:

iMac18,1 Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017

Product Name: iMac18,1

Bios Version:IM181.88Z.0145.B07.1705082121

Bios Release Date: 05/08/2017

Board-ID: Mac-4B682C642B45593E

iMac18,2 Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017

Product Name: iMac18,2

Bios Version: IM182.88Z.0145.B07.1705082121

Board-ID: Mac-77F17D7DA9285301

iMac18,3 Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017

Product Name: iMac18,3

Bios Version: IM183.88Z.0145.B07.1705082121

Board-ID: Mac-BE088AF8C5EB4FA2

Credit: Piker R. Alpha

https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com

• Like 4

High Sierra working Mac Pro 6.1 smbios bcm4352 working from sierra kext sound alc898 working from sierra 10.12 patch eternet bluetooth etc ...

gigabyte x79 ud5 core i7 3930k Power color HD 5870 BCM4352HBM 

t0i687.png6yfeit.png

You're definitely right.

Well, there are different parts in a SMBIOS settings which I don't have right now, but there's no need to worry about that, pretty soon all the new SMBIOS settings will be added to Clover Configurator and we can easily select which ever suits us.

But in the meanwhile I'll work on these SMBIOS setting to see if I can make them to show the right information in the About This Mac

what is your discrete graphic? macpro 6.1 smbios can get black screen 

Hi, maybe you can check out #510. Success on kabylake confirmed even though it's not me. :(

Which clover revision are you using? Seems like i am not able to change config on the fly within clover itself. Even though I selected another config, the contents did not update.

I'm using version 4081. Have you tried the drop tables with fakecpuid?

I'm using version 4081. Have you tried the drop tables with fakecpuid?

Yeah. I tried and failed. BTW, i am surprised to acknowledge that dropping a table clover could not detect for Kabylake platforms did the trick.

Yeah. I tried and failed. BTW, i am surprised to acknowledge that dropping a table clover could not detect for Kabylake platforms did the trick.

I hope you can find something to help you. If I can help with any test, just let me know.

I am now struggling to try to make the audio work.

• Like 1

High Sierra working Mac Pro 6.1 smbios bcm4352 working from sierra kext sound alc898 working from sierra 10.12 patch eternet bluetooth etc ...

t0i687.png6yfeit.png

Good evening Cengiz Sevinir. Did you have to perform any specific procedure to make your graphic card available?

Any news about AMD HD 5xxx?

It was a very ugly process but I have High Sierra running on a 40 GB partition on my SSD and all is working fairly well now except that I can't get my wifi card recognized.  The BT chip works and, when I boot up, I can see that the wifi kext is not loading properly.  That is also apparent when I look in wifi in System Information after I boot up.  My wifi card is in my signature.  Any ideas to get it to work?  BTW, I have tried both RehabMan's PCIID injection method and a kext injection method that involves 3 patches to BRCM4360 referred to as PCI Error patches.

EDIT:  OK, fixed this one on my own. It turns out that I had a DSDT patch to change the PID of my wifi card to a compatible PID for the Broadcom 4360 kext. That is not necessary with RehabMan's FakePCIID method and, in fact, conflicted with it.  I removed that from my DSDT and wifi showed up.  Now, on to the lesser fixes like sleep.

AcehyT6.jpg

Something I found interesting in this 10.13 beta install - the installer's OS lacked HD3000 kexts in BaseSystem.dmg's /S/L/E as well as in its kernelcache, yet looking inside its Core.pkg contents that it installs, the updated HD3000 kexts are there.

As a result i followed the BaseSystem.dmg technique of making the install media so I could add those HD3000 drivers. Not sure if it looked at a checksum but as I started going forward with the install, it ended up forcing itself to go down a process of redownloading BaseSystem.dmg and copying to the partition I wanted to install 10.13 to for it to boot by itself and continue with the main install process. Needing an internet connection and redownloading the dmg appeared to be an unskippable process. Trying to boot that up resulted in a screwed up display as it was booting from the vanilla BaseSystem.dmg it downloaded.

I decided to try installing the 10.13 pkgs from 10.12 install media which just requires you to delete the previous pkgs in the Packages folder and replace them with the 10.13 ones, and that went completely smooth. No 10.13 firmware checks or any other new issues you run into, however it meant you're installing it to HFS+ only and I was planning on doing that anyway. This is an old laptop and it boots best in legacy mode, so getting this new OS version running is good enough.

n9TjGH4.png

After booting up 10.13, I noticed that by using 10.12 install media it seemed to have preserved some of the older 10.12 kexts in /System/Library/Extensions on the 10.13 partition post-install, so I just deleted all the kexts in there and extracted the Extensions folder from 10.13 Core.pkg that I used to put those in place so I could make sure I was using all 10.13 kexts as shown in the pic above, then made sure that kernelcache and prelinkedkernel was rebuilt.

Well that's my story on getting it running on my Dell Latitude E6420 craptop

e: I haven't found any issues on the installed OS so far but I wouldn't necessarily recommend following this technique just yet

• Like 4

I hope you can find something to help you. If I can help with any test, just let me know.

I am now struggling to try to make the audio work.

:D  Maybe you can do me a favor by checking the PM.

• Like 1

t0i687.png

6yfeit.png

Man, how did you get 5870 to work?

Edit: New beta available? If yes, redownload from app store will get new beta?

hey guys,i 've tried everything metioned here,but still stuck in the same error,  OSinstall.pkg error or Firmware error,i checked the installer and it seems to be fine,,tried to changed bios version to the newest one ,tried to install by usb driver or direct APP,clover is 4084...and i found others have the same bad error,so tired =_=

hey guys,i 've tried everything metioned here,but still stuck in the same error,  OSinstall.pkg error or Firmware error,i checked the installer and it seems to be fine,,tried to changed bios version to the newest one ,tried to install by usb driver or direct APP,clover is 4084...and i found others have the same bad error,so tired =_=

As I am

• Like 1

Hackbook pro 11,1 installed without a hitch  to a 40Gb partition by running installer in Sierra then after first reboot booting from USB. No errors. Strange though if i try use USB to boot HS it does not appear in boot menu, yes i have afps.efi on USB.....EDIT oh wait no i dont.

Volume keys work, brightness keys do not.

post-1083558-0-55722200-1496984141_thumb.png

• Like 2

Congrats. Thats the least you would worry about as we are still on the very first beta

I know right but still for 95% on this haswell laptop is pretty good.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

EDIT: Brightness keys working, checking in Sierra and they weren't working so checked my DSDt and i forgot to patch for brightness keys, now they work in Sierra and High Sierra.

So now all i need is a new patch for battery adapter, when plugged in it doesn't "appear" to be charging. Power source stays on battery when plugged in to charge.

EDIT 2: Lid sleep is working.

@ SavageAUS

How did you bypass OSInstall.mpkg error?

I created a USB with the createinstallmedia command and installed Clover_v2.4k_r4084.pkg to it and used my original CLOVER folder with no changes except to BIOS Version and BIOS release date and  -alcbeta -lilubeta for audio, i didnt add Firmware Features. I booted the install from the downloaded Install macOS 10.13 Beta.app, then when laptop rebooted i booted from the USB and chose the High Sierra partition to continue the install, this method has worked on my Laptop without any firmware errors or OSInstall error which yes i did get.

EDIT: I pre-formatted the destination drive/partition in HFS and then when High Sierra was installing i checked the box to upgrade to APFS

• Like 1

Well i created a USB with the createinstallmedia command and installed Clover_v2.4k_r4084.pkg to it and used my original CLOVER folder with no changes except to BIOS Version and BIOS release date, i didnt add Firmware Features. I booted the install from the downloaded Install macOS 10.13 Beta, then when laptop rebooted i booted from the USB and chose the High Sierra partition to continue the install, this method has worked on my Desktop and Laptop without any firmware errors or OSInstall error which yes i did get on both.

APfs or hfs on destination disk.

Also did you format the destination disk or continued from the process of the macos 10.13beta.app when you booted from the createmeidiainstall usb.