[pre-release] macOS High Sierra

3,737 posts in this topic

MP5.1 can install hs with apfs smoothly?

I'm installing with HFS right now but I'll try that next. I'm guessing it'll work OK if I put the apfs.efi into my EFI folder. I only have a hard disk to install to so APFS will be super slow.

Are you trying to install macOS HS from a usb drive? If yes, then that's an issue caused by the creation media, have no clue why.  

Try direct install with the app itself.

thanks, i tried by usb drive,then i'll try it in 10.12.5 and install to another volume

Just open them in a hex editor and you can read the BIOS version.

MP51.88Z.007F.B03.1010071432

I'm installing with HFS right now but I'll try that next. I'm guessing it'll work OK if I put the apfs.efi into my EFI folder. I only have a hard disk to install to so APFS will be super slow.

i get it..thanks

Just out of curiosity is there anything in EFI/Apple/* ? If yes, I would like to see what's inside Firmware.  :)

@Neady I have exactly the right bios in the IM121_0047_33B_LOCKED.scap

What do I need now for make it Clover Seeing APFS  :)

Mount BaseSystem.dmg, go to /usr/standalone/i386/ and copy apfs.efi to EFI/Clover/"drivers64UEFI or drivers64".

Mount BaseSystem.dmg, go to /usr/standalone/i386/ and copy apfs.efi to EFI/Clover/"drivers64UEFI or drivers64".

My System Sierra 10.13 is Install perfectly everything works like Sierra 10.12

I have the apfs driver for the first Day SierraHigh  :)

Just out of curiosity is there anything in EFI/Apple/* ? If yes, I would like to see what's inside Firmware.  :)

Just the usual "old" 88Z.0002.B00.0710231738 firmware.scap file.

Installation finished fine. Gonna wipe and try again with APFS.

• Like 1

i'm on 4082 and as soon as i click "install macOS 10.13 Beta" from the clover boot screen. I get the following: (http://imgur.com/kXBxWdL) This isn't my laptop, but its the same screen image i get on my xps 15 screen with the immediate Appleapciplatform error. I'm wondering if Kaby Lake even works on this 10.13 right now. What or is there anything that can be done to get this working? 

Well, mine is quite different from yours. http://imgur.com/0kQVOzC

Btw, did you use nullCPU.kext? I suggest you experiment with nullCPU.kext together with KernelCPU patch from clover.

Thanks at@Matthew82!

I can boot now and everything but stillhaving one big problem.

I use Clover 4084 but no Kext injection works... all my files I used with Sierra 10.12.5 are useless...

4084 should be fine as for kext injection. How about you specify true in config.plist for kext injection?

@chris1111 

could you post a brief guide for apfs install using installer usb using clover.

just with all must dos to get it working.

thanks

I have already post a guide in the couple above page

For APFS see Neady Guide and its work

@ Riley 

My new attempt installing on usb hd using apfs fails with screen showing cannot make preboot apfs image,seems like a new one,

any suggestions

I didn't see that here so I can't think of a way around it. Installing to APFS seems to be no different than HFS except for needing the extra efi file.

Installation is almost done here. It hung for some reason before the setup stage so I reset and second time around it loaded fine. It's at the desktop now, grinding away.

And we're done:

post-267996-0-38875500-1496938679_thumb.png

@Riley I

I have done most of the modifications as said by neady, others etc from the previous pages, my install goes through the first stage after partitoning but after boot I

dont have the install volume in the boot screen .

Is there any thing left .Please suggest.

SO far I have 

used clover 4084,

apfs driver in uefi64 clover,

added firmware in smbios as said by neady, mac book pro 6.1 in my case.

Install completes but no boot volume on clover screen to compete setup.. So I know my system is capable and works!!!

So frustrating.

I can do a hfs install from the installer .app from within sierra and it works. 

Is there a way to install apfs from within the installer.n

@ riley freeman

please post the apfsjumpstart.efi for download.

thanks