[pre-release] macOS High Sierra

3,737 posts in this topic

what is your discrete graphic? macpro 6.1 smbios can get black screen 

At the moment I'm running macOS High Sierra on an Asus P8H77-M LE with a Sapphire Radeon HD 7790. I'm using iGPU as primary to avoid the black screen issue.

• Like 1

Is there anyway to format disk as APFS in installer and the continue the installation. I cannot see apfs drive after first part of installation on my clover. I have apfs.efi on my driver64uefi folder on clover but disk formatted as apfs won’t show in clover boot menu. I read this topic but I cannot find any guide related to this.

Edit 1: for now you should allow installer upgrade your hfs to apfs in installer and don’t formatted as apfs in disk utility manually. In my case it is

Is there anyway to format disk as APFS in installer and the continue the installation. I cannot see apfs drive after first part of installation on my clover. I have apfs.efi on my driver64uefi folder on clover but disk formatted as apfs won’t show in clover boot menu. I read this topic but I cannot find any guide related to this

Formatting to afps in installer always failed for me.

Ok after second part of installation I’m still don’t get my drive on clover boot

Did you managed to get your apfs on clover

same here.

HFS install is fine both direct from macOS 10.13beta.app and from create install media usb. but no luck with apfs with either method.

hey guys,i 've tried everything metioned here,but still stuck in the same error, OSinstall.pkg error or Firmware error,i checked the installer and it seems to be fine,,tried to changed bios version to the newest one ,tried to install by usb driver or direct APP,clover is 4084...and i found others have the same bad error,so tired =_=

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/324194-pre-release-macos-high-sierra/?p=2438594

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/284656-clover-general-discussion/?p=2438129
3. Make sure the app is downloaded from the AppStore. Run the app directly, USB installer will most likely cause "missing/damaged InstallOS.mpkg" error.

Best regards.

After you have installed HS in HFS and installed Clover you can re run the installer and choose the upgrade option to use apfs.

You mean first install HS in hfs formatted drive then install clover on it then boot back and run installer and click to update to apfs

I installed to APFS directly by createinstallmedia and clover 4084. APFS needs to be in Clover64UEFI drivers folder. Format directly to APFS using Disk Utility and proceed to install.

The bug appears to be macOS High Sierra's the Disk Utility is so buggy even on a genuine Apple computers.

I installed to APFS directly by createinstallmedia and clover 4084. APFS needs to be in Clover64UEFI drivers folder. Format directly to APFS using Disk Utility and proceed to install.

I had couple of successful installations too, but in so many cases people report failures installing macOS High Sierra using AFPS.

I have apfs.efi in my driver64uefi folder already but it’s not detecting me drive. Please correct me do I need to have clover64uefi folder too or I read yours bad

The bug appears to be macOS High Sierra's the Disk Utility is so buggy even on a genuine Apple computers.

I had couple of successful installations too, but in so many cases people report failures installing macOS High Sierra using AFPS.

The thing is when you let installer upgrade your hfs to apfs it is goin to show you the drive for second part of installation but after that when you reboot back to clover it doesn’t show the final drive to complete your setup

What I suggest to resolve the issue is to prepare the Hard Disk you want to use before booting the macOS installer.

Use disk utility in macOS Sierra or whatever version of macOS you are using, erase the drive and then boot into macOS High Sierra installer then reformat the drive with AFPS.

This is the best solution I've found so far and it works every time.

Or

You can also use the upgrade method that SavageAUS suggested.

• Like 1

What I suggest to resolve the issue is to prepare the Hard Disk you want to use before booting the macOS installer.

Use disk utility in macOS Sierra or whatever version of macOS you are using, erase the drive and then boot into macOS High Sierra installer then reformat the drive with AFPS.

Or

Ok I downloaded the file you gave me I try everything you said starting with preparing me drive from sierra first and report back to you in few min

Ps: I tested @savageaus told me but after second part of installation I still cannot see the drive

You mean first install HS in hfs formatted drive then install clover on it then boot back and run installer and click to update to apfs

Yes exactly.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

This is also needed on High Sierra to Allow apps downloaded from Anywhere.

sudo spctl --master-disable

I don't like the act of disabling the little security GateKeeper provides.

The best method is to do a right click (or Ctrl + Click for single button mice) on the program then Open.

It will launch the program and remember it.

• Like 1

After you have installed HS in HFS and installed Clover you can re run the installer and choose the upgrade option to use apfs.

Or

guys you mean that one should boot from the cratemedia installer usb and upgrade or from the installmacos 10.13.app to upgrade for apfs.

Cos the installmacos 10.13.app does not give any option to format or change the file system. for me it asks to format the drive as hfs.

Also you are correct the Disk Utility is very buggy.

Sorry for being noobish but upgrade Sierra to high Sierra oo high sierra hfs to high Sierra apfs

How do you repair permissions with high Sierra cos diskutil cmd and Disk Utility itself don't have any effect.

guys you mean that one should boot from the cratemedia installer usb and upgrade or from the installmacos 10.13.app to upgrade for apfs.

Cos the installmacos 10.13.app does not give any option to format of change the file system. for me it asks to format the drive as hfs.

Also you are correct the Disk Utility is very buggy.

How do you repair permissions with high Sierra cos diskutil cmd and Disk Utility itself don't have any effect.

The only way I was able to get it work was to "boot" from the install macOS.app then upon first reboot boot from the USB. I could never get 10.13 to install booting directly from the USB.

I don't like the act of disabling the little security GateKeeper provides.

The best method is to do a right click (or Ctrl + Click for single button mice) on the program then Open.

It will launch the program and remember it.

You're right, but some times you have to disable it in order to get some programs to work.

you can also enable the Gatekeeper simply by using:

sudo spctl --master-enable and you'll be protected again.

in most cases right click/open will suffice 

The only way I was able to get it work was to "boot" from the install macOS.app then upon first reboot boot from the USB. I could never get 10.13 to install booting directly from the USB.

That's just the way it is after the first reboot you need to boot from the bootable USB disk and then select the drive you are trying to install macOS to continue the installation process.

I successfully installed 10.13 with latest clover. But I can only boot with safe mode (-x)

Using Z97 mobo with i7-4790k

Nvidia gtx660 and intel graphics set to headless.

What happens if you don't boot with -x?

It's restart just as the loading stage is finishing. Can't see any signs of problem with verbose boot (too fast)

well without the verbose log it's hard to pin point the problem but do you have EmuVariableUefi-64.efi installed in clover?