[pre-release] macOS High Sierra

3,737 posts in this topic

You'll know that Clover is loading the apfs.efi correctly if you get a load of text over the boot menu screen.

I'm hoping that can be muted.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I deleted both of them as I won't be using APFS on this laptop.

The firmware only has the jumpstart efi driver so I'm guessing that's supposed to hook into the apfs.efi on the boot volume. Or maybe there's another efi file needed to make that happen.

Copying the apfs.efi into Drivers64UEFI works but I guess it isn't the way it's supposed to be used.

When I tried APFS I think I had both apfs files in Drivers64UEFI. It's too slow on a hard disk to bother with so I've been using regular HFS since.

You'll know that Clover is loading the apfs.efi correctly if you get a load of text over the boot menu screen.

I'm using apps.efi and it seems to be working way much better that the HFS I just duplicated a 5 GB macOS Sierra under 10 seconds.

Although booting into macOS HS is taking more than usual

Update:

I'm using and old SSD which is currently connected to a 3GB SATA port.

Which version of clover you are using? make sure that you are using the 4081 or 4088

i'm on 4082 and as soon as i click "install macOS 10.13 Beta" from the clover boot screen. I get the following: (http://imgur.com/kXBxWdL) This isn't my laptop, but its the same screen image i get on my xps 15 screen with the immediate Appleapciplatform error. I'm wondering if Kaby Lake even works on this 10.13 right now. What or is there anything that can be done to get this working? 

I have tried change AMD5000Controller.kext, AMDRadeonX3000.kext and AMDRadeonX3000GLDriver.bundle with 10.12.5, but what I get is the system can't load completely. Some times i get a gray screen with cursor,  some times gray Apple logo with the bar, and nothing more... I will try to change all drivers of AMD. What you think?

" data-cite="blayze" data-ipsquote-timestamp="1496927108">

I have kabylake CPU (on Dell XPS 15 9560) and I am still trying to install high sierra on it also. Does anyone know how to install or what modifications need to be made with these processors to be able to even begin installing without an instant appleacpipltform panic in clover? I can boot fine to sierra, but get a panic trying to boot into high sierra. anyone installed with a Kaby Lake processor?

You have to drop MATS tables from clover acpi patching boot menu, to be able to boot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i'm on 4082 and as soon as i click "install macOS 10.13 Beta" from the clover boot screen. I get the following: (http://imgur.com/kXBxWdL) This isn't my laptop, but its the same screen image i get on my xps 15 screen with the immediate Appleapciplatform error. I'm wondering if Kaby Lake even works on this 10.13 right now. What or is there anything that can be done to get this working? 

for kabylake to work you'll need to choose iMac18,2 or iMac18,3 I think in SMBIOS

Use the folder I posted and edit the config.plist to your configurations and let me know if it works.

remove your dsdt and ssdt in patched . i had the same problem and it really {censored} me,finally i remove my dsdt and end it

I'm using apps.efi and it seems to be working way much better that the HFS I just duplicated a 5 GB macOS Sierra under 10 seconds.

Although booting into macOS HS is taking more than usual

Update:

I'm using and old SSD which is currently connected to a 3GB SATA port.

there is no macpro5.1 biosversion.. :blush:

The bios versions are in the firmware updates which are included with the install and there's no update for MP51 in there.

So I'm assuming the installer doesn't do the APFS check with a MP51 SMBIOS as it knows there's no APFS support for it yet.

• Like 1

for kabylake to work you'll need to choose iMac18,2 or iMac18,3 I think in SMBIOS

Use the folder I posted and edit the config.plist to your configurations and let me know if it works.

Tried all three suggestions and none worked  :(

hi needy..there is no macpro5.1 biosversion..  :blush:

right!

As @Riley Freeman said, there's specific update for MacPro5,1. See attached screenshot.

However, if you're willing to experiment a little bit and have some time, we can determine what firmware is required for your model, if any at all.

Otherwise, trial and error, use same bios version that's used for MacPro6,1 and see if it works.

post-1378824-0-29602600-1496932145_thumb.png

• Like 1

thx a lot, but unfortunately,i still got the OSinstall.pkg error...well,i just tried everything for my latop..still error ,stucked in the second installing

Are you trying to install macOS HS from a usb drive? If yes, then that's an issue caused by the creation media, have no clue why.  

Try direct install with the app itself.

As I still use MP51 on my X79, to satisfy my curiosity I built a custom Clover 4084 with the old values for FirmwareFeatures and FirmwareFeaturesMask. As the MP51 doesn't have a firmware upgrade I assumed that it would install without complaining about the firmware lacking APFS.

And I was right. It's installing now with the old values.

The bios versions are in the firmware updates which are included with the install and there's no update for MP51 in there.

So I'm assuming the installer doesn't do the APFS check with a MP51 SMBIOS as it knows there's no APFS support for it yet.

How can we extract the data from these files?

for instance how to get the full value like: MacPro6,1 MP61.88Z.0116.B44.1705011717

As I still use MP51 on my X79, to satisfy my curiosity I built a custom Clover 4084 with the old values for FirmwareFeatures and FirmwareFeaturesMask. As the MP51 doesn't have a firmware upgrade I assumed that it would install without complaining about the firmware lacking APFS.

MP5.1 can install hs with apfs smoothly?

@Needy.that is to say apfs dont support macpro5.1. right?