<key>DropTables</key>

<array>
<dict>
<key>Signature</key>
<string>MATS</string>
</dict>
</array>

Credits to @talmazi

But it did not spend 1 minute of installation before restarting. I'll try here a few more times. I really appreciate your patience and help.

No problem, I sent you a PM to move our conversation there, troubleshooting your current problem might take some time and I don't want to clutter this thread.

You were absolutely right! After 3 reboots the installation happened without any problem. So when it finished and rebooted for the last time I selected the High Sierra disk, but I had this error. Appears too fast. It was the best photo I could get.

No problem, I sent you a PM to move our conversation there, troubleshooting your current problem might take some time and I don't want to clutter this thread.

Okay, I'll answer you there.

I'm unable to get past the 'install macOS' page.
The continue button accepts a single click but is then greyed out and nothing happens.
Any ideas?

You just have to wait. Kind of like 10 minutes. It's really pretty slow on this part

Hi, would you mind sharing the new place for talking about kabylake platform issues? I gotta join in.

Hi, would you mind sharing the new place for talking about kabylake platform issues? I gotta join in.

Hi, I took our conversation in private messages to avoid messing up this threat, but I will post the results back here if we reach a stable solution. But if you have any suggestions I'll be more that happy to comply :)

To solve this you have to put into your SMBIOS ACPI Section this code:<key>DropTables</key>

<array>

<dict>

<key>Signature</key>

<string>MATS</string>

</dict>

</array>

Credits to @talmazi

As far as I can tell, kabylake platform does not have this table.

Guys please help me. I've literally been up all day trying to install Mac OS 10.13. First I tried it in APFS and after many attempts I tried with HFS and in both the same thing happens to me. It starts to install tells me 15 minutes later a message appears that says calculating the remaining time and stays there and nothing happens.

Use CLOVER ACPI patch menu>Drop tables and drop it till you see it boots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dropped. But same result.

Here it is.  http://imgur.com/0kQVOzC

btw, I check your smbios section for iMac 18. Only to found its board-id is same with iMac 17. I don;t know if that's ok.

I'll check it out

I've been working all day long and I guess I'm loosing focus, maybe I need to get some rest.

I found another error in the config.plist and it's the product name it's iMac18,1 and the BIOSVersion is iMac18,2

Board-id doesn't matter that much but I fixed it in these files.

I'm glad to report that it's working on _itsmerafael's pc.

add the following boot flags to activate the audio:

-lilubeta and -alcbeta

use the latest version of lilu.kext from: https://github.com/v...6/Lilu/releases

You might also need the AppleALC.kext

iMac18,1-config.plist.zip

iMac18,2-config.plist.zip

iMac18,3-config.plist.zip

Guest ricoc90

I'm unable to get past the 'install macOS' page.

The continue button accepts a single click but is then greyed out and nothing happens.

Any ideas?

Go back to language chooser, chose your language and click Install macOS again. That solved it for me when I was stuck there

I'll check it out

I've been working all day long and I guess I'm loosing focus, maybe I need to get some rest.

I found another error in the config.plist and it's the product name it's iMac18,1 and the BIOSVersion is iMac18,2

Board-id doesn't matter that much but I fixed it in these files.

I'm glad to report that it's working on _itsmerafael's pc.

add the following boot flags to activate the audio:

-lilubeta and -alcbeta

use the latest version of lilu.kext from: https://github.com/v...6/Lilu/releases

You might also need the AppleALC.kext

Any config above will do ok?

I'd like to know what the cause is for kabylake failing as for _itsmerafael's case.

Any config above will do ok?

I'd like to know what the cause is for kabylake failing as for _itsmerafael's case.

I'm not quite sure but I think the Drop Table did the trick as Kynyo suggested, I also changed the SMBIOS from iMac17,1 which is a SkyLake machine to iMac18,1 which is a KabyLake machine.

so do me a favor please and for the sake of argument check the SMIOSes I posted with and without Drop Table entry to make the final assumption.

I don't have KabyLake CPU to test it myself.

4048 EFI For KabyLake.zip

I'm not quite sure but I think the Drop Table did the trick as Kynyo suggested, I also changed the SMBIOS from iMac17,1 which is a SkyLake machine to iMac18,1 which is a KabyLake machine.

so do me a favor please and for the sake of argument check the SMIOSes I posted with and without Drop Table entry to make the final assumption.

Well, mine is a little different since I have the Pentium based kabylake cpus. I have to fake cpu id for 0306A0 in 10.12 and older OS X. I think it's the same with 10.13. 

Well, mine is a little different since I have the Pentium based kabylake cpus. I have to fake cpu id for 0306A0 in 10.12 and older OS X. I think it's the same with 10.13. 

Yes, you're right older versions of macOS won't support KabyLake CPUs and you'll need to use a FakeCPU ID for them to load. But 10.13 is supporting KabyLake and 10.12.6 might also support them too, we need to wait until 10.12.6 officially gets released and we'll know for sure.

I tried your config. Failed. Even though I'd love to help you make sure if dropping table made the trick, I could not. Maybe you should ask _itsmerafael for help since he already has a working hack.

Yes, you're right older versions of macOS won't support KabyLake CPUs and you'll need to use a FakeCPU ID for them to load. But 10.13 is supporting KabyLake and 10.12.6 might also support them too, we need to wait until 10.12.6 officially gets released and we'll know for sure.

To be honest, Pentium-based hackintosh is fairly small portion of the hacks out there. As for as I am concerned, you have to fake cpu id to ivy bridge aka 0306A0 even kernel supports your cpu. For example, 10.12 supports Skylake without problems. But pentium-based Skylake still needs to fake cpu id to 0306A0. After all, pentium differs from core series.

Well itsmerafael already confirmed that by removing the drop tables MATS it wasn't able to boot, so I guess that's it, we need that Drop Table.

Good to know that. BTW, my kernel panic is quite different from itsmerafael's. So I gotta do more tests.

I tested all the config.plist and they all worked for me. But I figured I only boot if the first drop tables option on the clover is checked. I also realized that no matter which config.plist I test (18.1, 18.2 and 18.3) always appears in About This Mac as iMac Late 2015. I think it should be 2017 right?

But even so, Kaby Lake is running without FakeCPUID.

http://i.imgur.com/Obq62Eq.jpg

post-1531194-0-99485400-1496965668_thumb.jpg