[pre-release] macOS High Sierra

3,737 posts in this topic

Its work now

Thanks Neady  :thumbsup_anim:

23032310.gif

screen35.png

You're welcome.  :) 

@Riley I

I have done most of the modifications as said by neady, others etc from the previous pages, my install goes through the first stage after partitoning but after boot I

dont have the install volume in the boot screen .

Is there any thing left .Please suggest.

SO far I have 

used clover 4084,

apfs driver in uefi64 clover,

added firmware in smbios as said by neady, mac book pro 6.1 in my case.

Install completes but no boot volume on clover screen to compete setup.. So I know my system is capable and works!!!

So frustrating.

I can do a hfs install from the installer .app from within sierra and it works. 

Is there a way to install apfs from within the installer.n

@ riley freeman

please post the apfsjumpstart.efi for download.

thanks

Mount BaseSystem.dmg, go to /usr/standalone/i386/ and copy apfs.efi to EFI/Clover/"drivers64UEFI or drivers64".

Furthermore, there's no need to have a jumper driver, Clover is able to initialise the apfs driver on it own.

"You're trying to jump start a car that has a working battery"  :D 

Best regards.

• Like 1

@Riley I

I have done most of the modifications as said by neady, others etc from the previous pages, my install goes through the first stage after partitoning but after boot I

dont have the install volume in the boot screen .

Is there any thing left .Please suggest.

SO far I have 

used clover 4084,

apfs driver in uefi64 clover,

added firmware in smbios as said by neady, mac book pro 6.1 in my case.

Install completes but no boot volume on clover screen to compete setup.. So I know my system is capable and works!!!

So frustrating.

I can do a hfs install from the installer .app from within sierra and it works. 

Is there a way to install apfs from within the installer.n

@ riley freeman

please post the apfsjumpstart.efi for download.

thanks

If your Clover Install is Not UEFI put the driver apfs.efi in Drivers64

• Like 3

Volume handling in APFS is interesting. You can add or delete a volume instantly using the new buttons in Disk Utility. Volumes act more like folders where they use whatever free space is available in the host container. So no partitioning or (re)sizing needed. Pretty cool.

And once it's all set up, it doesn't feel all that slow considering it's running on an old hard disk.

• Like 2

^^ didnt complain about the firmware?

Not for MP51. Not yet anyway.

The release notes say APFS support will be added for the 2012 Mac Pro in a later seed. So once that happens it will start firmware-checking for MP51 as well. I haven't looked into it, but I'm guessing MP51 is the only machine supported by 10.13 that didn't get a firmware update.

• Like 1

So now stuck at install.mpkg error after first boot following install.

my attempt have been with

usb installer

apfs on destination disk

Clover 4084

apfs driver in clover efi64

FirmwareFeatures.0xe907f537

bios versionMBP61.88Z.0057.B1B.1705021138  5/1 2017 as said by Needy. closest to mine but not exactly same

brtool in install data directory , 4-5 attempts of booting.

So what now?  attach is my bios locked in clover

MBP61_0057_17B_LOCKED.scap.zip

It's been two days that I'm caught in the same part. A gray screen with a small flag in the upper corner in the second part of the installation

I'm using the latest version of Clover, apfs.efi in the drivers64UEFI folder and using this in my config.plist
<key> FirmwareFeatures </ key>
<String> 0xe907f537 </ string>

Anyone have any idea what it might be?
I'm thinking it might be because of my GTX 1060 video card. I tried using nv_disable = 1 but it did not work out. If I try to boot with -x an immediate reboot happens.

Latest clover version is 4084, and with 4084 you don't need to use firmware features in SMBIOS. The Pascal GPU is not supported yet but you can boot into macOS installer and then macOS itself without acceleration.

Post your EFI folder and let's see if we can get you up and running.

• Like 1

Latest clover version is 4084, and with 4084 you don't need to use firmware features in SMBIOS. The Pascal GPU is not supported yet but you can boot into macOS installer and then macOS itself without acceleration.

Post your EFI folder and let's see if we can get you up and running.

I also tried without firmware features and did not get anything. I'll thank you very much if you can help me.

EFI.zip

I'll do my best to get your system up and running :)

Replace your EFI folder with this one.

Unfortunately I could not. All that appeared was this error. I tried putting fakecpuid and tried without nv_disable but also gave the same error

post-1531194-0-88446800-1496954462_thumb.jpg

Well, unfortunately I don't have a kabylake CPU at my disposal to test the EFI folder but we can do some more tests.

First of all did you change anything in the config.plist I posted rather than the fakeCPUID and the nv_disable=1?

you can remove all the kext files from the kexts folder and try again. and also disable all the 

just replace the clover folder

CLOVER.zip

• Like 1

First I tried to boot without modifying anything, just replace the EFI folder and tried to boot. Then I put the Fakecpuid, then tried with fakecpuid and without nv_disable.

I'll try again with the new folder now.

I saw that some people were able to use kaby lake without using fakecpuid. They used smbios 18.1 but as I did not find any download I have not tried it yet

Well, unfortunately I don't have a kabylake CPU at my disposal to test the EFI folder but we can do some more tests.

First of all did you change anything in the config.plist I posted rather than the fakeCPUID and the nv_disable=1?

you can remove all the kext files from the kexts folder and try again. and also disable all the 

With the new Clover folder I managed to get here, but as soon as the installation begins the black screen will appear and reboot. With and without fakecpuid the same thing happens

Oh, I made a mistake!

I forgot to change the iMac17,1 to iMac18,1 in the SMBIOS section, my bad!

replace the config.plist with this one

I'll try again. Just a minute

I'll try again

post-1531194-0-82407400-1496957394_thumb.jpg

post-1531194-0-36759600-1496957402_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

does some one has an rx 580 to test with high Sierra and see it it works obb?

I think it does, I've been checking the device ID in the new AMD9520Controller.kext and the device ID for RX480 and RX580 are in there.

You still need to use IGPU ad primary to avoid the black screen issue though.

Oh, I made a mistake!

I forgot to change the iMac17,1 to iMac18,1 in the SMBIOS section, my bad!

replace the config.plist with this one

Exactly the same error, even with smbios 18,1 :(

With the new Clover folder I managed to get here, but as soon as the installation begins the black screen will appear and reboot. With and without fakecpuid the same thing happens

I'll try again. Just a minute

I'll try again

The restart in the installation process is normal. you're computer will restart 2 times in the process, all you have to do is to select the destination volume after each reboot to continue the installation.

The restart in the installation process is normal. you're computer will restart 2 times in the process, all you have to do is to select the destination volume after each reboot to continue the installation.

But it did not spend 1 minute of installation before restarting. I'll try here a few more times. I really appreciate your patience and help.