Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

Fast developing.

AOS users will not agree with you, plus the one who have brain enough to read and configure own BIOS, and they are not few.

You should try for yourself you will be amazed by boot speed compared with clover, that is something you cannot forget ;)

Sorry, disagree.

Did you ever timing from mach_kernel started up to desktop responsible? There are tens seconds or minutes no matter if Clover load mach_kernel 2 seconds.

Cancel offtop and hollywar. Anybody may use he want.

@atlee - I think the path is now

/Volumes/EFI/Efi/Oz/Acpi/Load/

cool awesome, rebootage time, see if i can clear log errors.

awesome improved boot speed by adding dsdt.aml + ssdt.aml. roughly 5-8secs max and 1-2 extra for responsive desktop.

no more p-step errors :D:D:D

shell in bios will show as "EDK Shell" in boot menu, shell renamed to BOOTX64.efi is shown as "UEFI" entry in boot menu.

Yes, if it appears it is named 'UEFI OS' but it doesn't. I have to reboot serval times or do the workaround explained above before.

1) So it's not only for QUO. Then can it be flashed on any UEFI board, even my H77-DS3H?

2) If possible, and as long as Ozmosis is correctly installed/flashed, will my computer be able to boot vanilla OS X HDDs, without Clover or whatever OSX86 boot loaders?

4) What the practical advantages (not the theoretical and potential, but the ones that reflect directly on the current user experience) of using Ozmosis over Clover?

In addition to all the answers of our friends, for example with my earlier Z87X-UD4H Board, i put inside the bios just a few kexts: FakeSMC and plugins, IONetworkingFamilly and AppleIntelE1000e that's it. No other kexts even in ESP or S/L/E except patched AppleHDA and TRIM command from terminal, all work's gorgeously. With my SAMSUNG EVO 840 SSD, the boot time from Power ON to OS X is 9 second. Now, i take this opportunity to send my special :thanks_speechbubble: for everyone who have put their hand to make this  :star_smile:  :star_smile:  :star_smile:  :star_smile:  :star_smile: GENIUS BootLoader! 

Edited by ammoune78
  • Like 1

In addition to all the answers of our friends, for example with my earlier Z87X-UD4H Board, i put inside the bios just a few kexts: FakeSMC and plugins, IONetworkingFamilly and AppleIntelE1000e that's it.   :star_smile: GENIUS BootLoader! 

Why the whole IONetworkingFamilly??? Why not just AppleIntelE1000e only?

SMCemulator no good for you?

I read through this whole thread during the last 24 hours while rolling my own BIOS with Ozmosis.

And it works great!

I want to thank xpamamadeus for the guide, and everyone else for their contributions - there is a lot of great info to be found in this thread - and of course I want to thank the developers for creating Oz in the first place  :)

Yay! First post from a long-time lurker.

Edited by J1mmyS
  • Like 1

Sorry, disagree.

Did you ever timing from mach_kernel started up to desktop responsible? There are tens seconds or minutes no matter if Clover load mach_kernel 2 seconds.

Cancel offtop and hollywar. Anybody may use he want.

I never started anything, it was you and some Clover users who did it, I just reply to your question.

Of course anybody will use what they want, Oz it was not meant to replace it or compete with it.

And BTW  you can do the timing from power button press till desktop using your phone or whatever...

• Like 1

Back on Clover again here. Waiting for a proper version of OZ. Clover  :wub:

Gonna wait to the mem issue is fixed. Because Oz is so fast and working great.

Also noticed that i cant boot my system or go into bios after 2 or 3 reboots.

Get stuck on the AMI BIOS Logo.

As my experience of 894m, 1479, 

Hermitshell is really great and it'll be automatically integrated with Oz,

But, it will boot Clover, instead of OS X, if Clover exist in EFI Partition in any hdd.

As my experience of 894m, 1479, 

Hermitshell is really great and it'll be automatically integrated with Oz,

But, it will boot Clover, instead of OS X, if Clover exist in EFI Partition in any hdd.

No it won't I have Clover folder still in the EFI on my spare machine it does not see it. Now it did not have a Clover installed to it so did not get the /EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.efi clobbered like their installer does so your board has most likely picked up that for the default boot to windows if present Oz seems to like to do using that file that should be from a Windows install. Oh and this Oz has never picked a boot loader up on anything other than the first fat32 partition on a drive as listed in your BIOS it finds in my machine not the clover install that is still present on the drive I used to use to boot that which does not show up anymore as a boot option with Oz.

No it won't I have Clover folder still in the EFI on my spare machine it does not see it. Now it did not have a Clover installed to it so did not get the /EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.efi clobbered like their installer does so your board has most likely picked up that for the default boot to windows if present Oz seems to like to do using that file that should be from a Windows install. Oh and this Oz has never picked a boot loader up on anything other than the first fat32 partition on a drive as listed in your BIOS it finds in my machine not the clover install that is still present on the drive I used to use to boot that which does not show up anymore as a boot option with Oz.

Really?

I better see again,

In case of Clover, I changed shell to Hermit shell,

I think that is main root cause or?

thanks

Back on Clover again here. Waiting for a proper version of OZ. Clover  :wub:

Gonna wait to the mem issue is fixed. Because Oz is so fast and working great.

so you are abandoning osmosis only for the memory cosmetic issue?

If i have Clover USB in. It will boot using ozmosis but use Clover's themed screen.

That is not a hard drive installed in a machine now is it? That is what I was talking about if I did not make myself clear enough with that posting. Oh it will pick up a windows install on any drive in the system to clarify that part of my posting as well no hope in hell of linux though even with the loader present on first drive fat32 partition, can see it search for a /EFI/Ubuntu but they install to /EFI/ubuntu renaming first letter capital U does not lead to success..

Really?

I better see again,

In case of Clover, I changed shell to Hermit shell,

I think that is main root cause or?

thanks

Not sure on the shell change those are just my observation of what it has done with my playing around with it on my spare machine, as has been noted definitely like the speed of it SSD main drive from power button to loading of login screen 10 seconds using the old one mississippi ... ten counting method.

Why the whole IONetworkingFamilly??? Why not just AppleIntelE1000e only?

SMCemulator no good for you?

If for example you want to install OS X from Recovery partition, with only AppleIntelE1000e inside the Bios will not work! So, you have to add the Patched IONetworkingFamilly into the bios to download the OS X installer from the Apple Server with your Apple ID.  

• Like 1

so you are abandoning osmosis only for the memory cosmetic issue?

NO! Please read my post.....

I have no boot issues here. Maybe try restoring your original DSDT and see if the problem goes away. It might be a bug caused by your edited DSDT or SSDT. You'll probably lose some functionality without them but it could rule out Ozmosis as the cause of the boot problem.

Seeing as Ozmosis releases are tied to QUO BIOS updates, we'll probably be waiting a while for another one as these bugs probably don't affect the QUO board.

Sure, copy your ACPI Tables into /EFI/Oz/Acpi/Load/ on the ESP and it will drop the original ones.

okay, cause booting with -xcpm I still get this warning even using my fixed SSDT:

# dmesg |grep "XCPM"
XCPM: registered
IOPPF: XCPM mode
XCPM: P-state table mismatch (error:0x11)
X86PlatformShim::sendPStates - pmCPUControl (XCPMIO_SETPSTATETABLE) returned 0x11

okay, cause booting with -xcpm I still get this warning even using my fixed SSDT:

# dmesg |grep "XCPM"
XCPM: registered
IOPPF: XCPM mode
XCPM: P-state table mismatch (error:0x11)
X86PlatformShim::sendPStates - pmCPUControl (XCPMIO_SETPSTATETABLE) returned 0x11

it means that you have bad ssdt, use Pike soft.

Fred

Ok, i was in same situation with i5-3570k ivy bridge.

I think you need to play with this option:

-workarounds for Ivy Bridge [0/1/2/3]

0 = no workarounds

1 = inject extra (turbo) P-State at the top with maximum (turbo) frequency + 1 MHz

2 = inject extra P-States at the bottom

3 = both

i will post tomorrow the differences of my ssdt between xcpm and noxcpm if it can help.

Fred