Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

Same here.

I used MMTool and OMTool Both of all,

ok, I have done this with every revision since I saw it available, but the latest 1479 has me baffled. when I update it from the stripped files of the original board, and implant them ether on a clean copy of my bios or a pre patched copy I get nothing but the ED2K shell as a boot option, all my drives are listed in bios, but no boot options are available.

I can use the hot keys like command+option+R+P to reset the nvram, but it doesn't do any good, I still have no boot list, no ability to get anything but the ED2K shell.

any advice or a solution would be great.

PS I am using OZMTool v.02 to do the patching

HBP  it is for the Z87X-UP5 TH with the F4 bios, 

simple remove the timeout setting.

I removed timeout and userinterface settings from my OzmosisDefaults.plist and this works.

Then I removed the theme from the bios and the hack reboots just fine, great!

Boottime now is 13,22 seconds from power button to desktop :)

Thank you very much!

PS: but it isn't clear to me why disabling doesn't work.

The true is, this version is buggy because is not possible to simply disable the Theme or setting the timeout to zero like in clover.

I now ozmosis is still under development and I have no problems if not all runs 100% because the main features that are important to me are working well.

This is NOT Clover!

No disrespect but almost all problems found here are PEBKAC, with exception to the memory detection issue for X79..

This is the most stable build of Ozmosis yet, if it wasn't you wouldn't be using it! Unlike Clover Ozmosis gets proper testing.

I can use the hot keys like command+option+R+P to reset the nvram, but it doesn't do any good, I still have no boot list, no ability to get anything but the ED2K shell.

May that helps:

<key>DisableBootEntriesFilter</key>
<true/>

This is NOT Clover!

No disrespect but almost all problems found here are PEBKAC, with exception to the memory detection issue for X79..

This is the most stable build of Ozmosis yet, if it wasn't you wouldn't be using it! Unlike Clover Ozmosis gets proper testing.

Please don't misunderstood me, I really like Ozmosis and honor the work on it.

And yes, this version works better than all other before but disabling the user interface simply dosen't work for me.

Not really a problem but should it not reported back to you?

No, I don't misunderstood the instructions. If you read my posts you could see this. All my testing with boolean, integer or string values were done because 

<key>UserInterface</key>
<false/>

doesn't work for me. Maybe I misunderstood the meaning of that key but if not, than it's bug.

If timeout=0 means "waiting for ever" it would help to see this in the readme.

Hi Friends, a "stupid" question how can i extract png image from ozmosisblacktheme file? 

I'have already tryied to copy hex stuff from "png" hex to end of file in a new file, but it seems that i have missing something because cant be possible open new file with any of photo view program.

does anyone else see the blue postbios screen with messages

... unpacking ...

etc.?

Pretty fast bootup process :D

Yeah I see it - looks great :D

Hi Friends, a "stupid" question how can i extract png image from ozmosisblacktheme file? 

I'have already tryied to copy hex stuff from "png" hex to end of file in a new file, but it seems that i have missing something because cant be possible open new file with any of photo view program.

Extract the Raw section of the theme and then search for a particular PNG extracting bytes starting with 89504E47 thru AE426082 saving as <FILE>.png
Works here.

Would be nice if they provide their changes to the community since voodoohda is an open source project.  And what about the nvram fix? It is obviously dmazar's work. Do they give any credits?

I see joe75 posted thanks here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/291655-ozmosis/?p=2062083

ok, I have done this with every revision since I saw it available, but the latest 1479 has me baffled. when I update it from the stripped files of the original board, and implant them ether on a clean copy of my bios or a pre patched copy I get nothing but the ED2K shell as a boot option, all my drives are listed in bios, but no boot options are available.

Enter the shell and type bdmesg to print the boot log. Use the -b option to display the output a page at a time.

It may provide some clues for the developers.

You can direct the output to file if you wish by doing the following:

Choose a partition by typing fsX: (where X is the number - try 0 to begin with)

Then do: bdmesg > filename.txt 

OMG!

I exhausted 3 days,

weird,

I failed update 1479 latest version,

I attached B75M-D3H.F15 BIOS.

I success 828, but, I can not continue using latest version,

Please, check my BIOS,

http://rghost.net/58140237

Opening your bios image using Coderush's UEFITool 0.18.7 in OS X shows invalid CRC32 and unknown type fd messages.

Maybe that's the problem?

post-331032-0-33177800-1411403756_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

No, I don't misunderstood the instructions. If you read my posts you could see this. All my testing with boolean, integer or string values were done because 

<key>UserInterface</key>
<false/>

doesn't work for me.

For me

<key>DisableNvidaInjection</key>
<true/>

works. It's the only one I have set in the defaults as I prefer to use DSDT injection for my card.

On my Z68 memory is detected and displayed fine.

Another bug I'm finding on my X79 is the ED2K shell keeps adding a new instance of itself to the (F8 here) boot menu every boot. It doesn't happen on the Z68. I've removed it for now as I was ending up with 7 or 8 copies of it in the list.

regarding kext2ffs: I wanted to add some kexts into ROM but the ordering number (guid) of the ffs volumes goes wrong:

./KextToFfs.command

* Convert Kext to FFS type file *

AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext        will be Ffs 6  name in boot.log will be AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.Rev-1.0.0
 RealtekRTL8111.kext        will be Ffs 7  name in boot.log will be RealtekRTL8111.Rev-1.2.2
 realtekALC.kext        will be Ffs 8  name in boot.log will be realtekALC.Rev-1.0-90toledaALC
 OzmosisDefaults.plist        will be Ffs 0  name in boot.log will be OzmosisDefaults

on inserting the resulting modules I get "a module with same volume-id already exists"

is there a way to tweak the guid assigning?

those DADE volumes already exist:

|200|SmcEmulatorKext|DADE1001-1B31-4FE4-8557-26FCEFC78275|004D9258|011474|FRFM|
|201|CpuSensorsKext |DADE1006-1B31-4FE4-8557-26FCEFC78275|004EA6D0|0068DB|FRFM|
|202|LpcSensorsKext |DADE1007-1B31-4FE4-8557-26FCEFC78275|004F0FB0|00D450|FRFM|
|203|GpuSensorsKext |DADE1008-1B31-4FE4-8557-26FCEFC78275|004FE400|0170B3|FRFM|

as you can see it's an overlap

This is NOT Clover!

Could not say it better!

Just small correction there are 3 known bugs so far, memory detection (nothing to do with X79), fusion drive.and the shell entry addition(weird one).

Yes, I want disable all graphic injection because I done this inside my DSDT already. What is wrong with this?

And you need to disable all Ozmosis graphics injection?

Once again you have ATI + NVIDIA +Intel Graphics and want to disable all?

What do you think a new user will do when will come here and see "your Defaults.plist"?

I will tell you what will do, because is verified in this osx86 community million times, it will copy/paste your plist example then will came here and complain it does not work, that his graphics does not work, then me or somebody else have to lose time again and tell him where is the error and how to do it.

And why you are using DSDT for this?

Does Apple use DSDT for this?

Does Ozmosis Graphics injector fail?

DSDT should be last resort!

I don't add VoodooHDA to the bios so I disable injection, may this is not necessary but again: What is wrong with that?

If you read the Readme again you will see:

To Disable loading VoodooHda.kext from Firmware

sudo nvram 1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101:DisableVoodooHda=%01

To Enable loading VoodooHda.kext from Firmware

sudo nvram 1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101:DisableVoodooHda=%00

So what you disable?

Wrong is the example you gave to others.

Is anybody out there who can disable the userinterface?

As you found already User Interface is disabled by default and gets enabled by HotKey(Option/Home) or by Variable.

Is best to not touch what you do not know/understand...

Would be nice if they provide their changes to the community since voodoohda is an open source project.  And what about the nvram fix? It is obviously dmazar's work. Do they give any credits?

Once again the "defender" has nothing to do with the coding or have any idea what he talks about...

But for you knowledge, there is nothing to summit, the AC3/EncodedDigital source is already in ProjectOsx VoodooHda topic, just that it was wrong commited to trunk...

• Like 1

I marked my posting above as wrong, so no poor noob like me will waste your precious time with this stuff  :)

And why you are using DSDT for this?
Does Apple use DSDT for this?

Does Apple use Ozmosis for this?

Once again, "it isn't clear to me why disabling doesn't work." for me if there are entries in OzmosisDefaults and why timeout=0 is waiting for ever.

Is best to not touch what you do not know/understand...

If people would deal like that, we would still live in a cave.

• Like 1

Hi Friends, can someone let me understand the function of Default.plist and Ozmosisdefault in bios? 

Can i use both placing Default.plist in /Efi/Oz or can use OzmosisDefault into bios with correct data for my hardware? 

I marked my posting above as wrong, so no poor noob like me will waste your precious time with this stuff  :)

Does Apple use Ozmosis for this?

No, Ozmosis use same protocol as Apple for device properties injection...

Once again, "it isn't clear to me why disabling doesn't work." for me if there are entries in OzmosisDefaults and why timeout=0 is waiting for ever.

Sorry that is over your level of knowledge.

Hi Friends, can someone let me understand the function of Default.plist and Ozmosisdefault in bios? 

Can i use both placing Default.plist in /Efi/Oz or can use OzmosisDefault into bios with correct data for my hardware? 

Yes you can use defaults.plist in /Efi/Oz and let OzmosisDefault in bios.

But after you have done nvram clear, it will be the one which is in/Efi/Oz that will be use.

Fred

• Like 1

True! tested it, but seems not working. gonna check more into it.! get this:

mac os x is not supported on this platform

SABERTOOTH X79

Have not change any smbios in the BIOS.

For all that are missing bootmenu like clover have u can use refind.

Just extract this file to ESP and check config for screen resolution..

jmq4YCS.jpg

I know this is an old post from 2013. But is this still possible with latest ozmosis? Not working here:

mac os x is not supported on this platform

SABERTOOTH X79