Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

Hi folks!

My bios has two volumes with very little free space each.

Is there any way to shrink one volume in order to free up some space on the other one?

Or alternatively, to delete all the ugly graphics from Gigabyte 3D bios and leave the classic mode only?

Thanks in advance.smile.gif

Delete TCP/IP stuffs like ipdhcp4 and 6 from volume,uefitool dont recompress volumes read first post in thread

Where can I get this vhda kext?

You don't from the Hermit people the source they use is not available publicly.

Edit: That is if what the King said is not true that it was just a bad commit that prevented them from getting the changes to the VoodooHDA in that version that is available publicly. If the commit he says was done then the source should be there.

Two alternatives to the above suggestion. First delete the VoodooHDA from the BIOS and use the signed AndyV 2.8.6 I think is his name available on here if you do not have an ALC892 or 1150 chip it is useless to you anyways, second just load the network .kext from the EFI/Oz/Darwin/Extensions/Common directory in your EFI partition.

Actually I do have alc1150

I'm currently loading the network kext from oz directory but I prefer to put it in the bios.

Here think I have it right I just took the 14,2 found earlier in this thread and modified it with the values from Chamelon Wizard for its version of a 13,2 along with setting the inject to false as it states in the tuxuser README page when you change the framebuffer. You need to do the four finger salute to reset the pram after having placed this named as Defaults.plist in the /EFI/Oz directory in your EFI partition, hit F12 at boot to get to the loader screen then salute.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/ehtscubioc4yfis/14,2Defaults.plist

https://github.com/tuxuser/OzmosisBIOS/blob/master/README

thanks but it seems i might need to patch my drivers via hex for oz to get my card to work without black screen

You don't from the Hermit people the source they use is not available publicly.

Edit: That is if what the King said is not true that it was just a bad commit that prevented them from getting the changes to the VoodooHDA in that version that is available publicly. If the commit he says was done then the source should be there.

Two times was not enough for you to understand?

Is hard to take the source from http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=355&view=findpost&p=18212 and compile it, then test encoded digital? You will see that it works.

Then read http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=355&view=findpost&p=18281 what he said is very true, and can be seen on VoodooHda repo browser.

Do you want that someone else to do the work for you?

Wont happen!

Actually I do have alc1150

I'm currently loading the network kext from oz directory but I prefer to put it in the bios.

Then use bigger GUID then the kext's already used in firmware.

GUID's DADE1001-1B31-4FE4-8557-26FCEFC78275 till DADE1009-1B31-4FE4-8557-26FCEFC78275 are reserved for Oz use.

You can use from DADE100A  till DADE101E

Hi guys,

I use 1479 ozmosis bios for my hack GA-Z77X-UD5H with 770GTX but now I have two of them in SLI and my OSX does not want to boot anymore with the two cards installed. 

I tried several settings in BIOS regarding Primary Display Adapter with no luck and it seems that OZMOSIS Bios does not like SLI at all.

Regards,

Then use bigger GUID then the kext's already used in firmware.

GUID's DADE1001-1B31-4FE4-8557-26FCEFC78275 till DADE1009-1B31-4FE4-8557-26FCEFC78275 are reserved for Oz use.

You can use from DADE100A till DADE101E

Where and how do I choose which guid to use?

credit to: Joe75 for helping me out getting this done

WARNING: Flashing your BIOS is dangerous use with caution:

This guide is to show a much simpler way to inject the Ozmosis files into your own UEFI BIOS using MMTool. (Note: You must do this in either Windows or in a VM of Windows)

1. Download the attached files : https://www.dropbox.com/s/k77qd83xm102xk3/Ozmosis.zip?dl=0

2. You need to download your own UEFI BIOS from your motherboard website (example shown is Z97X-SLI F6 BIOS)

3. Extract the Ozmosis.zip file and you will see 3 more zipped files inside that, also extract those files.

This is what you should see after everything is extracted:

1YCosjK.png

4. Open MMTool and Click Load Image, find your UEFI BIOS that you downloaded earlier  (change Files of type to All Files)

kmInAXs.png

5. Click the Extract tab and under Extract FFS Options click Extract UnCompressed, in the lower window look for CORE_DXE and select it (see below)

shnZNqi.png

6. Click Browse and select the extracted folder that you unzipped earlier and in the File Name portion Type CORE_DXE and click Save then Click Extract.

67Fgq0K.png

7. Next click the Delete Tab and again select the CORE_DXE in the lower window and click Delete

WzcuHmL.png

8. Next select the FileSystem in the lower window and click Delete

iQBpmpj.png

9. Next click the Insert Tab and in the Vol. Index make sure you are using 02:01-00, under Insert FFS Options select Insert Compressed, click Browse and select CORE_DXE that you extracted earlier and click Open the click Insert

s5FXeCU.png

10. Repeat Step 9 for EnhancedFat, HfsPlus, PartitionDxe, Ozmosis, HermitShellX64, OzmosisDefaults, SmcEmulatorKext, (Optional: VoodooHdaKext, OzmosisBlackTheme)

11. Once you have completed Step 10 scroll down in the lower window and look to make sure you have everything inserted

5eG0Wo3.png

12. Click Create Report

hwpUzLk.png

13. GoTo the folder where your BIOS was and find the report file with a .rpt extension and open with NotePad

4EcVffo.png

14. Scroll down under Firmware Volume : 02 and find the section in the previous screenshot and make sure you have plenty of free space

P7xEC7R.png

15. Close NotePad and click Save Image in MMTool

16. Now pick your favorite flashing tool of your choice and enjoy Ozmosis 

Ozmosis.zip

• Like 1

Pavo that's good :D

but one thing: in the Delete Tab, you had CORE_DXE and under it Runtime, when you deleted CORE_DXE, should runtime vanish too?

I only deleted CORE_DXE and FileSystem

I will also post a guide on how to use the Efi/Oz folder structure w/ iMessage and FaceTime fix

Delete TCP/IP stuffs like ipdhcp4 and 6 from volume,uefitool dont recompress volumes read first post in thread

Already deleted about 10 network files, three OEM logos and everything that has to do with RapidStart, but still don't have enough space for basic stuff...

Also, when BIOS switched to Win8 or Win8WHQL i can't disable CSM - this setting doesn't gets saved and after reboot it gets enabled again. Tried 3 BIOS versions already.

Is there anything else i can try to delete or compress in order to free up some space?

This desktop is embarrassing on so many levels...

Already deleted about 10 network files, three OEM logos and everything that has to do with RapidStart, but still don't have enough space for basic stuff...

Also, when BIOS switched to Win8 or Win8WHQL i can't disable CSM - this setting doesn't gets saved and after reboot it gets enabled again. Tried 3 BIOS versions already.

Is there anything else i can try to delete or compress in order to free up some space?

can you post your bios with DSDT ozmosisdefault and kext that you want integrate? if you want only "vanilla ozmosis" post only your bios.

XLR, list some real specs in your sig.. If CSM is always being enabled you most likely don't have a GOP rom for your graphics. If you compressed CORE_DXE and removed unneeded network drivers you should have more than enough free space, sounds like you aren't extracting and inserting drivers correctly.

can you post your bios with DSDT ozmosisdefault and kext that you want integrate? if you want only "vanilla ozmosis" post only your bios.

Here's my bios (network modules already removed) but without recompressing CoreDXE because it seems like already compressed.

It has a folder with Oz stuff i'm trying to insert, without DSDT at the moment and i'm ready to give up on OzmosisTheme to save space.

Btw, onboard graphics aren't necessary because i'm using Nvidia card, so if there's some intel gfx module that can be deleted - feel free to delete it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/25807212/insert%20the%20uninsertable.rar

Thanks in advance :)

Here's my bios (network modules already removed) but without recompressing CoreDXE because it seems like already compressed.

It has a folder with Oz stuff i'm trying to insert, without DSDT at the moment and i'm ready to give up on OzmosisTheme to save space.

Btw, onboard graphics aren't necessary because i'm using Nvidia card, so if there's some intel gfx module that can be deleted - feel free to delete it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/25807212/insert%20the%20uninsertable.rar

Thanks in advance :)

Which and what kind of network card do you have in your board? 

Realtek, should work with RealtekRTL81xx.ffs that i have in modules folder.

Everything i need is already there except DSDT that i will add later, still working on it.

Your BIOS doesn't have enough room to add everything you want, need your system specs so I can download your BIOS and start from scatch

Ozmosis makes its own directories that would be put next to Clover folder in /EFI/

Since Oz is booting before clover would be loaded you are actually booting clover from ozmosis and is one of the reasons why they should not be used together.

I have several issues with using the bootloader first after adding the drivers and bootloader and its defualts files to the rom and flash the bios the screen hangs after restart (after flashing) with a cursor (-) not flashing i have nothing the screen totally hangs .. to fix this i'll have to remove my nvidia card from the board and things start working as it should that's #first to use the nvidia card i should disable the IGPU 

#Second after #1 things loads smoothly and fast the first time but if i reboot the machine it hangs at the bluetooth controller is missing (IGPU issue of course ) so i have to reset the nvram to get it back working  and the same cycle goes again and again

#third someone (Pavo: recommended me to apply a DSDT patch to be put in oz's load folder after patching it .. then the same cycle goes on every reboot and nvram reset it hangs at the bluetooth error (no video card is plugged in PCI yet only with IGPU)

#fourth   if i attach my second HDD or plug a usb or do minor changes in BIOS settings ex.. disabling turbo boost,applying Ram XMP or anything in BIOS it never boot to the desktop it hangs on the same bluetooth controller is missing 

#fifth i'm using oz version 1479 

-well that is my DSDT file extracted for the forever use configuration and i need it to be patched or fixed ( i no knowledge with DSDT)

-the issue that happens after flashing and there is   video card attached should be fixed i don't know is the bootloader or my VGA card 

-i use my both IGPU and Intel connected with a DVI-D Cable 

-it should be good if oz set the default SMBIOS to a iMac 14,2 because it's good for Haswell Boxes (if there is someone should attach it :P

-that's for all i can remember from yesterday maybe new issues i'll report with my Haswell Build 

-before i flash the bootloader i was using Clover (Latest Stable) and only thing i did to remove Clover i removed its folders from the EFI Partition

MyBox

CPU: Intel CORE i7 4770K

Ram: 6G Kingston

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H

Video Card: Geforce GT 610 (that's for a testing and temporarily use only) | Intel's HD Graphics 4600 with id 8086412 (from Windows)

Sound: onboard ALC892 | Creative SoundBlaster Audigy 2SE | 5$ USB sound card

HDD: 1TB WDC Blue (Max OS X 10.9.5) | 500 GB WDC Blue (Windows) 

PSU: Corsair CX500M Semi Modular 

My Extracted DSDTLink:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f0ro68fz5a5iaem/DSDT.aml?dl=0

I think one should add in main post useful information about Ozmosis can get:

kexts from /EFI/EFI/Oz/Darwin/Extensions/Common

DSDT.aml from /EFI/EFI/Oz/Acpi/Load

Config file with boot args, Ozmosis config and SMBIOS /EFI/EFI/Oz/Defaults.plist

You meaning this

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/301407-guide-insert-ozmosis-into-uefi-bios/?p=2068256