Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

True! tested it, but seems not working. gonna check more into it.! get this:

mac os x is not supported on this platform

SABERTOOTH X79

Have not change any smbios in the BIOS.

I know this is an old post from 2013. But is this still possible with latest ozmosis? Not working here:

mac os x is not supported on this platform

SABERTOOTH X79

It is not using Ozmosis when you see that I got that once along with a corrupted BIOS when I used the ESC key to disable it thinking that might actually make a difference in it respecting/using the settings set in the BIOS if Ozmosis was not loaded, of course it does not small shock there.

It is not using Ozmosis when you see that I got that once along with a corrupted BIOS when I used the ESC key to disable it thinking that might actually make a difference in it respecting/using the settings set in the BIOS if Ozmosis was not loaded, of course it does not small shock there.

Ah i see. Well i can also use the default built in OZ. But my mouse do not work there. So stuck :P

Ah i see. Well i can also use the default built in OZ. But my mouse do not work there. So stuck :P

Well no keyboard support there certainly sucks for you then if all your wanting to do is get a correct startup disk on next boot then the System Preferences Startup disk option will do that no problem when you set it there, alternatively F!2 when booting to select the EFI boot loader/partition to use.

Edit oops Asus uses F8 for that I believe whatever it is for you MB use that to get the loader screen assuming Ozmosis has not stomped all over that that is.

Attached there is your bios with all your modules and all OROM update 

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK! 

Algors, this is not 894

AS I see in bdmesg,

00:000 00:000 Ozmosis 1.01.0739M   (2013-08-13 01:10:33  ) on 2014-09-22 22:24:10

Hello,  I tried a quick search but couldnt find anything. Sorry if it has been answered before.

Just updated my already-ozmosis894-bios to 1479, and its working perfectly fine, i even injected the cpu and lpc sensors and works perfect. 

Quick question, has anyone have issues entering the actual BIOS? If tried pressing delete and nothing, i even tried pressing F12 and going to the bottom "ENTER SETUP" and it wont enter setup, just boot.

Thanks

edit: Z87-HD3 Gigabyte F6 bios

ty Both for your advice, after doing both adding this Key, though to get it to take I had to make it an integer, and using Blackosx's idea, I have the dumps as well as an nvram dump. I have a hot swap drive bay that I did not have anything plugged into during the dumps, but this shows that my fusion drive is visible from the 894 but not the 1479...  please look at the dumps and advise of possible solutions

HBP 

Yeah I see it - looks great :D

Extract the Raw section of the theme and then search for a particular PNG extracting bytes starting with 89504E47 thru AE426082 saving as <FILE>.png
Works here.

I see joe75 posted thanks here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/291655-ozmosis/?p=2062083

Enter the shell and type bdmesg to print the boot log. Use the -b option to display the output a page at a time.

It may provide some clues for the developers.

You can direct the output to file if you wish by doing the following:

Choose a partition by typing fsX: (where X is the number - try 0 to begin with)

Then do: bdmesg > filename.txt 

Opening your bios image using Coderush's UEFITool 0.18.7 in OS X shows invalid CRC32 and unknown type fd messages.

Maybe that's the problem?

attachicon.gifscreenshot.jpg

May that helps:

<key>DisableBootEntriesFilter</key>
<true/>

Please don't misunderstood me, I really like Ozmosis and honor the work on it.

And yes, this version works better than all other before but disabling the user interface simply dosen't work for me.

Not really a problem but should it not reported back to you?

ty Both for your advice, after doing both adding this Key, though to get it to take I had to make it an integer, and using Blackosx's idea, I have the dumps as well as an nvram dump. I have a hot swap drive bay that I did not have anything plugged into during the dumps, but this shows that my fusion drive is visible from the 894 but not the 1479...  please look at the dumps and advise of possible solutions

HBP 

jacoweb sent me this in a PM that got his raid0 that does not show up booting I am thinking that a fusion drive is like raid in that it has its own unique uuid like it does.

sudo nvram 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82:boot-args="rd=uuid boot-uuid=6FCF1CAE-EB54-3D70-8430-08D81970390B"

You get the boot-uuid= from the Get Info in disk utility on the fusion device do not use the one I posted yours will not be the same as it.

this still does not resolve the fact that any time the state changes (I put a different drive in the Swap bay) the entire boot loader becomes hosed and no longer even gets to bios setup screen.  this version seems a little buggy, yes, hands down it seems much better as far as options and features, but more bugs as for implementation goes.

and yes I know not many folks have a Swap trey on their hack, but it comes in very handy doing data scrubbing, or recovery which is my line of work.

HBP. 

and yes I know not many folks have a Swap trey on their hack, but it comes in very handy doing data scrubbing, or recovery which is my line of work.

HBP. 

Definite edge case for sure a Voyager S3 is what I use to connect random drives to my system usb3 connection to computer 3.5 or 2.5 drives fit into it, going damn cheap  on Amazon ATM. So did it work for booting your fusion?

http://www.amazon.com/NewerTech-Voyager-Revision-Docking-Solution/dp/B007TTQQIA

Algors, this is not 894

AS I see in bdmesg,

00:000 00:000 Ozmosis 1.01.0739M   (2013-08-13 01:10:33  ) on 2014-09-22 22:24:10

Weird, you have all info to build your bios, now with new version of ozmosis 

@pmcnano

Quick question, has anyone have issues entering the actual BIOS? If tried pressing delete and nothing, i even tried pressing F12 and going to the bottom "ENTER SETUP" and it wont enter setup, just boot.

Gigabyte have a habit of graphically glitching bioses. Have you tried to clear cmos then going into bios again. Try to not disable full screen logo screen.
I find if i disable full screen logo screen it will pause when booting or trying to go back in bios screen.
If i leave it enabled as per default then all seems fine.

I find ozmosis is great in many aspects but it still ain't perfect. It's a great way to boot OSX automatically but it lacks power. There is more power at your finger tips with Chamleon and Clover.

For me Z77MX-D3H F15 bios worked with me but it's better to be able to alter boot argumnets whenever you want instead of incorporating the defaults inside the bios everytime. Yes i know you can update via nvram but Cham and Clover you can instantly weave between whatever options you want without wasting too much time. I might come back when there is a newer version then the one that's just released.

Hi fiends, a question not directly connected to Ozmosis, can someone point me to some doc about howto create Yosemite usb bootable stick? 

Many thanks.

Download the beta.

Dump it on your desktop.

Open Diskutil app, format usb guid partition layout. hfs journaled.

Open terminal.

sudo /Users/<profilename>/Desktop/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite\ Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Yosemite --applicationpath /Users/<profilename>/Desktop/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite\ Beta.app --nointeraction

Then choose Chamleon or Clover or even experimental ozmosis :D upto you.

• Like 1

you dont need to flash the bios every time you make a change

Defaults.plist is read from /Efi/Oz

TBH only things worth having in the bios are any EFI drivers, everything else is better to be located on ESP since it changes more often.

• Like 1

Download the beta.

Dump it on your desktop.

Open Diskutil app, format usb guid partition layout. hfs journaled.

Open terminal.

sudo /Users/<profilename>/Desktop/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite\ Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Yosemite --applicationpath /Users/<profilename>/Desktop/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite\ Beta.app --nointeraction

Then choose Chamleon or Clover or even experimental ozmosis :D upto you.

Thank you :D i start to play with hackintosh due to ozmosis, so, i will use ozmosis ;-) 

you dont need to flash the bios every time you make a change

Defaults.plist is read from /Efi/Oz

TBH only things worth having in the bios are any EFI drivers, everything else is better to be located on ESP since it changes more often.

Yes i know the EFI/Oz section but if you cannot boot OSX you've got no way to get to /EFI/Oz without another system or editing the file via terminal if you get single mode to boot. Either way what I mean is Cham and Clover you can just make changes before the OSX boot process. Easier.

Ozmosis is not for everyone, thats for sure.. There are many users that would be better off staying with clover.

Ozmosis "power" comes from booting in a way that Apple intended Mac OS to be booted. Not by using a boot file that was discontinued in 4.8 or using a loader that takes full control of the system disorderly doing things unknown or uncontrollable to it's users.

Ozmosis history is much deeper than the introduction of the QUO board and is derived from one of the first .efi loaders introduced to this community. I have great admiration for its creator and developers, all great guys that I have been privileged to know for many years.

• Like 5

Yes i know the EFI/Oz section but if you cannot boot OSX you've got no way to get to /EFI/Oz without another system or editing the file via terminal if you get single mode to boot.

How about entering EFI shell from BIOS?

My Asus BIOS gives me this option

http://www.0x00.to/image.axd?picture=%2F2013%2F04%2Flaunch_efi_shell.jpg

regarding kext2ffs: I wanted to add some kexts into ROM but the ordering number (guid) of the ffs volumes goes wrong:

"a module with same volume-id already exists"

Don't use Kext2Ffs if some kexts are currently in bios!
If you plan to add some kexts into your bios, you have to delete the existing ones. Then, you can convert all the kexts you want, including the new and the older ones you want to add. 
  • Like 1

Definite edge case for sure a Voyager S3 is what I use to connect random drives to my system usb3 connection to computer 3.5 or 2.5 drives fit into it, going damn cheap  on Amazon ATM. So did it work for booting your fusion?

http://www.amazon.com/NewerTech-Voyager-Revision-Docking-Solution/dp/B007TTQQIA

KingWin Single Bay 3.5-Inch Internal SATA Trayless Hot Swap Rack with Key Lock (KF-1000-BK), I have 2 of these one for work related stuff (disk scrubbing, one to boot from as an alternate)

HBP

KingWin Single Bay 3.5-Inch Internal SATA Trayless Hot Swap Rack with Key Lock (KF-1000-BK), I have 2 of these one for work related stuff (disk scrubbing, one to boot from as an alternate)

HBP

Well they are obviously doing something funky to the system bus when connected/active in OS X doubt there is any EFI firmware on them, depending on where they are connected to on the MB, if on the Intel controller on your board then I would try putting them on the two Marvel ports and see how that goes. BTW fusion drive did it work?

there isn no logic to them, they are just a case to slide drives into that connect to the SATA ports inside. (connect power and SATA cord too the back of a jumper block, drive mates with the front of it)

Well they are obviously doing something funky to the system bus when connected/active in OS X doubt there is any EFI firmware on them, depending on where they are connected to on the MB, if on the Intel controller on your board then I would try putting them on the two Marvel ports and see how that goes. BTW fusion drive did it work?

with ver 894 bcfg lists this as an option, even without the hide entries flag enabled.

01. PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1f,0x2)/Sata(0x0,0x0)/HD(3,GPT,1dea13a5-d38e-4899-8f2c-02d2359f1d43,0x1d185948,0x40000)/\System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi "Boot OS X"

in 1479 I don't have any entries for anything related to .EFI  (I know from experience that this is the boot loader for the fusion drive.)

is there a flag to force 1479 to scan for .EFI's 

HBP