Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

I need to reflash bios, take a quick picture and than back to current bios - it's just don't worth it.

No user mistake, vhda doesn't work for me and I can live with it.

Have you even looked at the dump I attached?

O/c I looked, is made with original ACPI and with no VHDA, everything looks as expected but with no VHDA and dump/picture there is no way to have a clue on what is your problem.

If it didn't worth the trouble why you tried or bother to semi report a possible bug?

If users does not bother to test and report, I don't see why developers would care to fix.

I reported a possible bug which I encountered long time ago in a replay to someone who talked about vhda.

I would have test it for a developer if the attitude was decent. But you are arrogant and unpleasant so I don't really care if you're gonna fix it or not.

• Like 2

I reported a possible bug which I encountered long time ago in a replay to someone who talked about vhda.

I would have test it for a developer if the attitude was decent. But you are arrogant and unpleasant so I don't really care if you're gonna fix it or not.

"Long time" ago is not what we discuss here in this release, if you pop in, next time read before post useless info, that is not actual and lead to other users confusion.

And I am not here to make friends, I prefer users to not like me and remain with something in head, then like me and do brainless hackintoshing. 

it's because of the onboard HD4600

when I disable it, VHDA works fine

just to remind you - no injection/enablers at all (neither for audio nor for video)

And why you made the dump with nVidia card if you get the panic with onboard HD4600?

Hi everyone!

I installed Ozmosis to my Gigabyte B1 Sniper B5 and it works like a charm!!!!!!!.

I know that in order to show the "Hermit Shell" and display the OS selector, in case that you have Windows/OSX installed and choose what OS you want to run, you might press the "HOME" button on the keyboard

So, when I press this button, only it shows me "OSX".

Only when I press "F12" it shows me the Classical Gigabyte Boot selector".

And the Question are the following:

• How can I get the Windows logo in Hermit Shell, in order to choose what OS I want to run??
  • How can I edit the name of the Drives on the "F12" Gigabyte Boot Selector?.  

I mean, instead of showing: OSX  and UEFI: ST5464738X32RF,    Apears something like this:     OSX   and Windows 8.1

Thanks in Advance!!

use the information here to try to set your nvram first. #53 if that doesn't work, doesn't retain after reboot then use Kext2Ffs tool from first post to create a new OzmosisDefaults.ffs for your board, then use OZMTool - An Ozmosis Toolbox to integrate your new defaults into the bios.

to do that run the --ozmextract so that you have the prefix to attach to the ffs file it will be a ling list of #'s then you can safely delete everything except the defaults.ffs from the dir that you are updating from, run the --ozmcreate with the original patched file I sent you as input and you will have a new patched with your settings bios file.

on a side note.

make sure your :ROM is in base64 not hex. example BKFRC1IS instead of %04%A1%51%0B%52%12

http://tomeko.net/on...e64.php?lang=en

it will save you allot of headaches later with apple authentication of your iTunes/iMessages/FaceTime account.

Good luck.

HBP
This works on locked nvram as well...

I had a strange issue (twice) yesterday:

I reflashed a new oz bios with different configuration and my OSX entry in boot was gone.

I had to bcfg/bless boot.efi from shell/recovery in order to boot the system. Of course the fix wasn't permanent and didn't survive nvram reset.

Don't know if its an issue with ozmosis or ozmtool which I used. (Or even the specific kext I tried to insert - intele1000e)

I reinstalled the system later and the same happened again after bios reflash.

Anyone encountered such a behavior?

In case I'm the only one:

What is the proper way to permanently add the boot entry in a way that will survive nvram reset?

• Like 1

They are automatically added after installation, but they disappeared after flashing new bios (and reverting to previous bios doesn't help).

What do you mean by "typing the path"? Where should I type it? The boot.efi is present as the same location, just not detected by the bios (but recovery and os x installation which are on separate partitions being detected)

in shell navigate to boot.efi, as an application you just need to type its name to have it start. after a reset in oz it is "installed" again on next boot (anytime the ozmosis logo is displayed), so your boot entries should all be reset to original available entries.

set it up like you would any other loader. add any extra kexts you might need, set up a custom defaults.plist or make any changes needed if you are currently using any clover patches for kexts or hardware.

in shell navigate to boot.efi, as an application you just need to type its name to have it start. after a reset in oz it is "installed" again on next boot (anytime the ozmosis logo is displayed), so your boot entries should all be reset to original available entries.

I'll try that next time it happen (hope it doesn't )

Well that doesn't work for me.
I'll try to build another firmware

edit:

It's seems I get the same result every time

I guess it's something at my end

does anyone may be kind enough to build a bios for me?

no modification needed

just insert this ffs's

https://mega.co.nz/#!RM0k1ZgS!v9I_vlGtyWMCDk5yLOH2k5k9LuD3DueSvV0bEm4txCg

with this bios file

http://www.mediafire.com/download/j0o5w856q7g6ujk/Z97XUD5H.9e.zip

:blush:

Thanks in advance

Hi folks, maybe a dumb question, can i put some data from default.plist into ozmosisdefault.plist ? if i know i compile a default.plist with some data that overwrite data presente in ozmosisdefault, the last win.

I wait picture or video how to install Ozmosis.I have a ROM for my mobo and wait answer here.I found rom on this link.

Please help!!!!Thanks in advanced!!!!

Follow first message in thread it's simple