Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

Is it possible to let option menu using proportional font? Constant width font in option in my theme OSS makes it hard to read.

Change CharWIdth.

3000 revision lived with constant width fonts and all was OK for all.

@Slice

i wonder why disable "Cancel hibernate wake" option in latest clover?

https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/code/3728/tree/rEFIt_UEFI/entry_scan/loader.c

If Hibernate Wake is checked then in will happen

If unchecked then "Cancel hibernate wake".

I have a problem with new clover. After update to the newest version, when my system up, everything freezing, status bar is grey, no icon in icon bar, and can't move mouse cursor.. Any help?

Any proof? Logs?

Change CharWIdth.

3000 revision lived with constant width fonts and all was OK for all.

If Hibernate Wake is checked then in will happen

If unchecked then "Cancel hibernate wake".

Any proof? Logs?

Strange. I test hibernate wake.

If uncheck hibernate wake, you say "cancel hibernate wake" work.

But its not work for me. I tested both cases. My desktop and laptop never works cancel hibernate wake. Boths can't use hibernate mode. Rare fallen hibernate mode. But i cant boot mac disk(hibernated)

나의 LG-F410S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

What does the "Set OS version if not" actually do? Everywhere I read about it people only say "don't change this" and it bugs the hell out of me. I want to know what all the settings do =)

The same goes for all the options in booterconfig. Can't find any real explanation on these. Everyone just says 0x28.

Hello,

I have a triple boot, with 3 SSD
Clover + El Capitan
Ubuntu
Sierra

When I boot on Sierra is the NvRam.plist of El Capitan is used.

0:100  0:000  Now is 28.9.2016,  6:55:1 (GMT)
0:100  0:000  Starting Clover revision: 3770 on American Megatrends EFI
0:100  0:000  Build with: [Args: -x64 -D NO_GRUB_DRIVERS_EMBEDDED -D CHECK_FLAGS -t XCODE5 | -D NO_GRUB_DRIVERS_EMBEDDED -D CHECK_FLAGS -D USE_LOW_EBDA -a X64 -b RELEASE -t XCODE5 -n 13 | OS: 10.12 | XCODE: 8.0]
0:100  0:000  SelfDevicePath=PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x11,0x4)\Sata(0x3,0xFFFF,0x0)\HD(1,GPT,0A2A3BFE-C3AC-4090-A736-7453B3238CE2,0x28,0x64000) @C87D6998
0:100  0:000  SelfDirPath = \EFI\BOOT
0:101  0:001  === [ Get Smbios ] ========================================

-----------------------------

2:787  0:008  Loading nvram.plist from Vol 'El Capitan' - loaded, size=5427
2:798  0:010  === [ PutNvramPlistToRtVars ] =============================

Why, this is not the NvRam.plist Sierra?

Thank

Strange. I test hibernate wake.

If uncheck hibernate wake, you say "cancel hibernate wake" work.

But its not work for me. I tested both cases. My desktop and laptop never works cancel hibernate wake. Boths can't use hibernate mode. Rare fallen hibernate mode. But i cant boot mac disk(hibernated)

나의 LG-F410S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Old behavior is

if (SubEntry) {
      SubEntry->me.Title        = L"Cancel hibernate wake";
      SubEntry->Flags           = OSFLAG_UNSET(SubEntry->Flags, OSFLAG_HIBERNATED);
      AddMenuEntry(SubScreen, (REFIT_MENU_ENTRY *)SubEntry);
    }

If we choose "Cancel..." then the flag is unset. No more!

Uncomment DBG in menu.c

gSettings.FlagsBits = ((LOADER_ENTRY*)TempChosenEntry)->Flags;
  //    DBG("set FlagsBits = %x\n", gSettings.FlagsBits);

((LOADER_ENTRY*)TempChosenEntry)->Flags = (UINT16)(gSettings.FlagsBits & 0x0FFF);
  //      DBG("get FlagsBits = %x\n", gSettings.FlagsBits);

And test if it works or not.

Hi all,

I am new to this site and have been participating the following thread: Easy installation of El Capitan (10.11.5) in 5960X CPU! and as a result I been successful in getting my build to run with El Capitan (5960X, Asus X99-A, 64GB RAM).

This was also my first time using Clover for such a build, and as far as I know - I'm the only enthusiast who's had this build running with another boot loader (Chimera) while using with Yosemite.

As far a Clover is concerned, it has been a very rewarding experience - as I've been discovering the advantages of using it over the older boot-loader; although during the process of this journey - I've come across one major issue that I've never experienced before when using the other boot-loader.

It seems that using a Thunderbolt option card with the system (Asus ThunderboltEX II Dual) causes things to hang during bootup, as evidenced by the Apple logo turning into that of a 'no-entrance' symbol (circle with a diagonal line going thru it).

The reason why I know it has to do with the Thunderbolt option card, was due to another build I recently got running which features a 6950X and an Asus ThunderboltEX 3; it booted flawless every time until I installed the TB3 card and 'unlocked' TB functionality via the Asus dedicated driver in Windows 10 - after which I was experiencing the same symptoms which plagued the first system.

I was able to lessen the symptoms by installing the following to my EFI folder: est2.efi (which to my understanding is required if using more than 2 pci-e cards), as well as OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi (which is supposed to deal with a AllocateRelocBlock Error), but the issue still regularly persists.

Thunderbolt is definitely a huge part of my everyday workflow, as I use a Thunderbolt Audio Interface (Universal Audio Apollo), DSP Accelerator (Universal Audio Satellite Octocore) and hard drive (LaCie rugged customized with SSD) when I work.

Hopefully, the fact that Thunderbolt worked pretty much flawlessly with Chimera, may reveal clues as to how things may be able to work better in Clover?

I hope this post will catch the interest of those who may be able to contribute; and as always, thoughts, input or feedback would be greatly appreciate!

I also have no problem with uploading my org.chameleon.Boot.plist file or anything else that may aid in yielding clues.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Hi all...

It seems that using a Thunderbolt option card with the system (Asus ThunderboltEX II Dual) causes things to hang during bootup, as evidenced by the Apple logo turning into that of a 'no-entrance' symbol (circle with a diagonal line going thru it).

The reason why I know it has to do with the Thunderbolt option card, was due to another build I recently got running which features a 6950X and an Asus ThunderboltEX 3; it booted flawless every time until I installed the TB3 card and 'unlocked' TB functionality via the Asus dedicated driver in Windows 10 - after which I was experiencing the same symptoms which plagued the first system.

I was able to lessen the symptoms by installing the following to my EFI folder: est2.efi (which to my understanding is required if using more than 2 pci-e cards), as well as OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi (which is supposed to deal with a AllocateRelocBlock Error), but the issue still regularly persists.

Thunderbolt is definitely a huge part of my everyday workflow, as I use a Thunderbolt Audio Interface (Universal Audio Apollo), DSP Accelerator (Universal Audio Satellite Octocore) and hard drive (LaCie rugged customized with SSD) when I work.

Thanks!

Give THIS OSXAptioFixDRV-64.efi a try. It helped me with the same Thunderbold 2 AIC card problems. The default CLOVER driver always gives me a memory-allocation-error, which the attached one from link will fix it.

Just one question:

is it possible to make a selection for CLOVER config.plist files?

So we can have different config.plist files (for example "config.plist, config1.plist, config2.plist") within CLOVER folder and if found more than one, a dropdown menu appears to select, from which configX.plist file the system should be booted.

Maybe something like if-then-else: "if more files found containing 'config...' then create dropdown menu and let the user choose else set default to 'config.plist' and do nothing"

i would be happy to get such an option implemented... but also would not cry, if no-one else needs it and so you won't waste your time to think about it  ;-)

I agree this will be beauty improvement but we still have no DropDownList service. Hope one coder will write it.

Just one question:

is it possible to make a selection for CLOVER config.plist files?

So we can have different config.plist files (for example "config.plist, config1.plist, config2.plist") within CLOVER folder and if found more than one, a dropdown menu appears to select, from which configX.plist file the system should be booted.

Maybe something like if-then-else: "if more files found containing 'config...' then create dropdown menu and let the user choose else set default to 'config.plist' and do nothing"

i would be happy to get such an option implemented... but also would not cry, if no-one else needs it and so you won't waste your time to think about it  ;-)

wow just came here to ask thesame question. i was reading the changelog explanation and somehow im under the impression that this feature already implemented... but i guess its not yet

Just wanted to tell I finally found an answer to one of my questions from  http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/284656-clover-general-discussion/?view=findpost&p=2280394 .

To view old "dmesg" log output (not bdmesg old, more like yosemite old), i have to type

log show | grep PCID

then search for the mins and secs from the latest output and then another "log show" and scroll back... It get's faster if i erase the log and reboot first

"sudo log erase". I can switch the log verbosity with "   sudo log config --mode "level:default"   ", but that doesn't survive reboots, maybe somebody knows an answer to that...

Funny thing, i havn't found the string "PCID" anywhere when searching in the console.app. Very interesting is "man log" :)

Maybe something most dmesg-like, after erasing the log and rebooting is

log show | less +/PCID

And BTW: rev 3773 works nice for me, thanks !

hello Slice

my note hibernate .. but not wake

and if choose hibernate wake .. like it don't wake .. i can't cancel the hibernate wake

el capo all working .. just boot with no options in clover gui and the system wake..

solution .. power off and next boot .. normal boot

thanks

I agree this will be beauty improvement but we still have no DropDownList service. Hope one coder will write it.

B) Hello, I'd also like to me a thing, you can not implement?   :poke:

it don't has to be a DropDownList, it could look something similar to "Themes" menu like this:

configbootfiles.jpg

VERY NICE ...

This would be so cool if only...........I gave up on having my beloved Mavericks booting along with Sierra and win10 pro because Sierra's config.plist is always loaded when I boot Mavericks so at the moment the disk containing Mavericks is redundant in the machine. Come on programers and coders make an old man happy please  :thumbsup_anim:

consolidate your clovers to the main booting EFI partition and use MatchOS on your patches in config file?

edit: another thought is maybe it is the kexts you are using for Sierra are not compatible with maverick if there are any that fit that criteria put it in the correct os kext folders

• Like 2

This would be so cool if only...........I gave up on having my beloved Mavericks booting along with Sierra and win10 pro because Sierra's config.plist is always loaded when I boot Mavericks so at the moment the disk containing Mavericks is redundant in the machine. Come on programers and coders make an old man happy please  :thumbsup_anim:

Already have the possibility to do that in more than one way:

Edit the dedicated field named "config:" (you have to enter the config name without extension) at boot time.

Create a "Special" config (is an option) using "GUI-->Custom-->Entries".

or

Don't know where the problem is with your Mavericks, but you can also use MatchOS and MatchBuild keys under your patches in "KernelAndKextPatches-->KextsToPatch" to dinamically enable/disable patches based on the OS version/build detected.

• Like 1

some certain AMD GPUs can't boot without igpu set as primary from UEFI BIOS, can Clover help with that?! as in real mac pro these cards loads and runs as it should be.

I don't know what do you want from me. Set BIOS as you like.