ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

Legacy or UEFI boot?

Legacy USB support in BIOS?

USB1, 2 or 3 keyboard plugged?

- Legacy Boot

- Yes legacy support in BIOS

- USB 2 plugged in

My keyboard works fine under version 3726. Same issue happened several Clover versions back.

I don't think that anything in Clover even uses it, beside the dump logic... if it is added, don't forget to add © Pike R. Alpha, or you will feel the wrath of his zero-tolerance-policy. ;)

Clover doesn't do anything with the boot args (the struct is defined but it's never used). OsxAptioFixDrv dumps the values in it (for debugging), but otherwise it's not used (boot.efi handles it).

Well ok, but looks like Clover relocate it if needed, but what revision of it are going to move in this case?

Sorry for the noob question  :)

I'm espressed badly because looking at this part of code where if Aptio driver is used (after reading TheRaceMaster's post) the function just return before (but yes, assuming in this case no jump is done anyway)  and the kernel will not be found.

VOID

KernelAndKextPatcherInit(IN LOADER_ENTRY *Entry)

{

if (PatcherInited) {

return;

}

PatcherInited = TRUE;

// KernelRelocBase will normally be 0

// but if OsxAptioFixDrv is used, then it will be > 0

SetKernelRelocBase();

DBG("KernelRelocBase = %lx\n", KernelRelocBase);

// Find bootArgs - we need then for proper detection

// of kernel Mach-O header

FindBootArgs(Entry);

if (bootArgs1 == NULL && bootArgs2 == NULL) {

DBG("BootArgs not found - skipping patches!\n");

return;

}

If no bootArgs1 and nor 2 are found clover skip all patches. Anyway how both are matched to be identified than?

Yep, as I said I'm expressed badly, just had to take a look after TRM post about the Aptio driver, but it seem that need the correct bootArgs  (containings the video data) to find averythings.

Ok thanks, was just a doubt in case was related.

One can set

<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Debug</key>
		<true/>

and see messages on the screen

DBG_RT(Entry, "Found bootArgs2 at 0x%08x, DevTree at %p\n", ptr, dtRoot);
      //DBG("bootArgs2->kaddr = 0x%08x and bootArgs2->ksize =  0x%08x\n", bootArgs2->kaddr, bootArgs2->ksize);
      //DBG("bootArgs2->efiMode = 0x%02x\n", bootArgs2->efiMode);
      DBG_RT(Entry, "bootArgs2->CommandLine = %a\n", bootArgs2->CommandLine);
      DBG_RT(Entry, "bootArgs2->flags = 0x%x\n", bootArgs2->flags);
      DBG_RT(Entry, "bootArgs2->kslide = 0x%x\n", bootArgs2->kslide);
      DBG_RT(Entry, "bootArgs2->bootMemStart = 0x%x\n", bootArgs2->bootMemStart);
      gBS->Stall(2000000);

• Like 2

Three quick question:

- Could anybody check if the "bdmesg -b" command from efi64 shell started from clover under /EFI/CLOVER/TOOLS hangs when quitting with Q (or in the end).

- I'ver searched everywhere, but can't find the answer. I know the log system changed in sierra, but how can I view a complete "sudo dmesg | more" output in terminal.

It cuts away the beginning and the end.

- Are messages like 'AppleUSBHostResources@: AppleUSBHostResources::allocateDownstreamBusCurrentGated: assuming successful wakeUnits 100 sleepUnits 0' normal? Besides everything works good, what could be done about these??

Thanks

Three quick question:

- Could anybody check if the "bdmesg -b" command from efi64 shell started from clover under /EFI/CLOVER/TOOLS hangs when quitting with Q (or in the end).

- I'ver searched everywhere, but can't find the answer. I know the log system changed in sierra, but how can I view a complete "sudo dmesg | more" output in terminal.

It cuts away the beginning and the end.

- Are messages like 'AppleUSBHostResources@: AppleUSBHostResources::allocateDownstreamBusCurrentGated: assuming successful wakeUnits 100 sleepUnits 0' normal? Besides everything works good, what could be done about these??

Thanks

1. May be. I didn't check because I prefer bdmesg command in macOS.

2. Yes, the system keep a trunkated log. You have to do nothing with it.

3. No ideas.

DPCIManager use to allow me to watch P States change in real time. That hasn't worked since El Capitan.

Is there anther app or utility that will allow to to see the state of P States? I know HWMonitor will show me current state, but I want to see it the way DPCIMananger use to show it.

Thanks!

Guys, is there a problem with Sierra booting? I keep having KPs. The PC automatically restarts and usually, after the restart everything works fine. I thought it could be because I was using the Beta version. But now, even with the live version, I'm having the same issue.

First boot goes to KP, then automatically restarts, then everything ok... What's wrong? Anyone else having these issues? Could be the 3rd party kexts?

UPDATE:

Well, turns out it was the 3rd party kexts. AppleALC.kext in particular. Updated it from 1.0.12 to 1.0.16 and so far so good. 

When I install 10.12(16A319) by using Clover_v2.3k_r3761 From my USB Flash Drive to SSD,I got this on my screen and install stopped.What's the problem?

Yes, already reported the boot file rev3761 at sf.net is bad. Will be corrected soon.

Use the file from previous revision.

It looks like Xcode8 compilation causes new problems for us.

• Like 2

@Slice: since Clover r3760 I'm getting the following errors when trying to build Clover:

for X64-mcp:

Building ... /Users/philip/src/edk2/Clover/LegacyBios/BlockIoDxe/BlockIoDxe.inf [X64]
make: *** No rule to make target `tbuild'.  Stop.

build.py...
 : error 7000: Failed to execute command
	make tbuild [/Users/philip/src/edk2/Build/Clover/RELEASE_XCODE5/X64/Clover/LegacyBios/BlockIoDxe/BlockIoDxe]

build.py...
 : error F002: Failed to build module
	/Users/philip/src/edk2/Clover/LegacyBios/BlockIoDxe/BlockIoDxe.inf [X64, XCODE5, RELEASE]

- Failed -
Build end time: 20:37:52, Sep.21 2016
Build total time: 00:00:07

and for ia32:

Building ... /Users/philip/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BaseDebugLibNull/BaseDebugLibNull.inf [IA32]

build.py...
	make tbuild [/Users/philip/src/edk2/Build/Clover/RELEASE_XCODE5/IA32/MdePkg/Library/BasePcdLibNull/BasePcdLibNull]
Building ... /Users/philip/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BaseMemoryLib/BaseMemoryLib.inf [IA32]

build.py...
	make tbuild [/Users/philip/src/edk2/Build/Clover/RELEASE_XCODE5/IA32/MdePkg/Library/BaseDebugLibNull/BaseDebugLibNull]

build.py...
	make tbuild [/Users/philip/src/edk2/Build/Clover/RELEASE_XCODE5/IA32/MdePkg/Library/BaseMemoryLib/BaseMemoryLib]

build.py...
	/Users/philip/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BasePcdLibNull/BasePcdLibNull.inf [IA32, XCODE5, RELEASE]

- Failed -
Build end time: 20:37:57, Sep.21 2016
Build total time: 00:00:05

Xcode 8 / Build_Clover.command 4.0.3 is used. Tried to delete ~/src/edk and start with clean code base, but the result is the same. Could it be Xcode 8? That source is being compiled without problems on my other PC (OS X Mavericks with the latest Xcode version for it)?

There is no problem with the standard X64 package, it's being compiled without problems:

====================== CloverEFI =======================
	[BUILD] cloverEFI.64.sata
	[BUILD] cloverEFI.64.blockio2
======================== Themes ========================

@Slice: since Clover r3760 I'm getting the following errors when trying to build Clover:

for X64-mcp:

Building ... /Users/philip/src/edk2/Clover/LegacyBios/BlockIoDxe/BlockIoDxe.inf [X64]

build.py...
	make tbuild [/Users/philip/src/edk2/Build/Clover/RELEASE_XCODE5/X64/Clover/LegacyBios/BlockIoDxe/BlockIoDxe]

build.py...
	/Users/philip/src/edk2/Clover/LegacyBios/BlockIoDxe/BlockIoDxe.inf [X64, XCODE5, RELEASE]

- Failed -
Build end time: 20:37:52, Sep.21 2016
Build total time: 00:00:07

and for ia32:

Building ... /Users/philip/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BaseDebugLibNull/BaseDebugLibNull.inf [IA32]

build.py...
	make tbuild [/Users/philip/src/edk2/Build/Clover/RELEASE_XCODE5/IA32/MdePkg/Library/BasePcdLibNull/BasePcdLibNull]
Building ... /Users/philip/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BaseMemoryLib/BaseMemoryLib.inf [IA32]

build.py...
	make tbuild [/Users/philip/src/edk2/Build/Clover/RELEASE_XCODE5/IA32/MdePkg/Library/BaseDebugLibNull/BaseDebugLibNull]

build.py...
	make tbuild [/Users/philip/src/edk2/Build/Clover/RELEASE_XCODE5/IA32/MdePkg/Library/BaseMemoryLib/BaseMemoryLib]

build.py...
	/Users/philip/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BasePcdLibNull/BasePcdLibNull.inf [IA32, XCODE5, RELEASE]

- Failed -
Build end time: 20:37:57, Sep.21 2016
Build total time: 00:00:05

Xcode 8 / Build_Clover.command 4.0.3 is used. Tried to delete ~/src/edk and start with clean code base, but the result is the same. Could it be Xcode 8? That source is being compiled without problems on my other PC (OS X Mavericks with the latest Xcode version for it)?

There is no problem with the standard X64 package, it's being compiled without problems:

====================== CloverEFI =======================
	[BUILD] cloverEFI.64.sata
	[BUILD] cloverEFI.64.blockio2
======================== Themes ========================

You shown only last line while the error is in previous line. Please clarify what was before the error.

For me all compiled fine. Xcode 8A218a

EDK 22672

Clover 3763

NASM 2.12.02

Ok, I've got it. It's something with the build script. Option 5) build existing revision for release (no update, standard build) builds all the targets (ia32, x64 and mcp) without problem, while option 4) build existing revision (no update, standard build) builds successfully only the x64 target and fails on the other two. What's the difference with using the -fr option (passed to ebuild.sh) and without it?

without -fr use the same Version.h so that if you are working on the source editing it, ...only modules involved get rebuilted instead of recompile also all objects that include Version.h (otherwise each times you call ebuild.sh to build boot3,6 or 7 this file is overwritten causing this and also a slow down). This way you should be fast making your tests (Clover get seconds to build instead of minutes if you don't use -fr). 

After the first hit using -fr, you should be able to build Clover also with opt 4 (if nothing drastically has changed on the source like after updating edk2/Clover while you have old objects previously compiled with old revisions).

Yes is something, but wanted :)

PS (build for release is a bad wording? I mean.. after play with the source, compile, test it etc. .. you have to select release as your good and clean build)

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to build Clover using CloverGrowerPro and I'm getting the following error:

Ready to build Clover 3763, Using Gcc 4.9.3
*    Auto-Build Full Clover rEFIt_UEFI    *
*    Revisions:   edk2: 22679             *
*               Clover: 3763              *
*    Using Flags: gcc49 x64               *

Starting >>>>New<<<< Build  Process: 01:32:39
Building CloverX64, gcc49
Creating new RAM disk

Initialized /dev/rdisk2 as a 256 MB case-insensitive HFS Plus volume

Using TOOLCHAIN_DIR='/Users/franmglp/edk2/CloverGrowerPro/toolchain'
running ./ebuild.sh -gcc49 -D USE_APPLE_HFSPLUS_DRIVER --x64

TOOLCHAIN_DIR: /Users/franmglp/edk2/CloverGrowerPro/toolchain
NASM_PREFIX: /Users/franmglp/edk2/CloverGrowerPro/toolchain/bin/
NASM_VER: 2.12.02
Initializing workspace
Error: Can't find edksetup.sh script !
Cloverx64  ERROR!!

Ejecting RAM disk
"disk2" unmounted.
"disk2" ejected.

Can you help me? Thanks.

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to build Clover using CloverGrowerPro and I'm getting the following error:

Ready to build Clover 3763, Using Gcc 4.9.3
*    Auto-Build Full Clover rEFIt_UEFI    *
*    Revisions:   edk2: 22679             *
*               Clover: 3763              *
*    Using Flags: gcc49 x64               *

Starting >>>>New<<<< Build  Process: 01:32:39
Building CloverX64, gcc49
Creating new RAM disk

Initialized /dev/rdisk2 as a 256 MB case-insensitive HFS Plus volume

Using TOOLCHAIN_DIR='/Users/franmglp/edk2/CloverGrowerPro/toolchain'
running ./ebuild.sh -gcc49 -D USE_APPLE_HFSPLUS_DRIVER --x64

TOOLCHAIN_DIR: /Users/franmglp/edk2/CloverGrowerPro/toolchain
NASM_PREFIX: /Users/franmglp/edk2/CloverGrowerPro/toolchain/bin/
NASM_VER: 2.12.02
Initializing workspace
Error: Can't find edksetup.sh script !
Cloverx64  ERROR!!

Ejecting RAM disk
"disk2" unmounted.
"disk2" ejected.

Can you help me? Thanks.

CGP is no more supported. Use new script

Build_Clover.command, another Script to build standard Clover (or customized)