Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

I also figured out, that not all FakeSMC.kext give the same results. 

Since Sierra Beta 4, i have booting problems, sometimes is stops booting at 75%. Don´t know why.

So i tested some FakeSMC kexts, the boot problems are the same, but MSR 0x199 shows different states.

With one version, MSR 0x199 shows 12800 MHz!!!!!!!, or 1200 MHz. Only when EIST ist enabled, the correct values are shown.

The other FakeSMC shows me the correct value of MSR 0x199 when EIST is disabled and the EIST hardware coordination set to enabled (MSR 0x1AA set to 400000) :rofl: .

But EIST is not active and i get full performance with xcpm.

So for X99 platform there is a huge amount of work to do...

Fixing unexpected reboots (not 100% to figure out why, but some configs triggers reboots) , CPU idle states and correct MSR settings for xcpm.

But I´m no developer or coder, i can only run some tests with my setup :)  

Does anyone have ALC269 or similar working with just Clover patches?

I'm trying to replace the modded DSDT on my laptop with just Clover patches and easily got everything but audio working. I've spent hours on this, but I'm getting nowhere.

Injecting the layout in Devices/Audio works, but pinconfig is empty in IOReg. Injecting layout-id and pinconfigs via Devices/AddProperties gets the values into IOReg but the Devices section in System Profiler/Audio is still empty.

So QPI problem is not a bug?

x4 bus frequency value is a cosmetic thing or without adding 100 as value we are overclocking bus frequency?

Thank you

QPI defined only for Nehalem CPU. Forget it!

x4 BUS speed is a mishmash in terminology.

BUS speed is 100MHz

Front Side Bus Speed is 400MHz

Or reversed.

Does anyone have ALC269 or similar working with just Clover patches?

I'm trying to replace the modded DSDT on my laptop with just Clover patches and easily got everything but audio working. I've spent hours on this, but I'm getting nowhere.

Injecting the layout in Devices/Audio works, but pinconfig is empty in IOReg. Injecting layout-id and pinconfigs via Devices/AddProperties gets the values into IOReg but the Devices section in System Profiler/Audio is still empty.

AFAIK only ALC885 can work with native AppleHDA.

All other codecs require some patching.

You need an additional kext

1. Patched AppleHDA

2. AppleALC

3. VoodooHDA+AppleHDADisabler

Slice: I should have said that I'm using AppleALC already. With my modded DSDT I have sound. But when I try to get Clover to inject HDA it doesn't work.

Looking through bdmesg output FixHDA says it can't rename the device because there's already a HDEF device present. It also shows that it's injecting the correct layout ID using Devices/Audio/Inject=28. But pinconfig in IOReg is empty.

It might be some conflict with HD4000 and HDMI. I don't know. It works fine with DSDT but I'd really like to drop that now that I'm so close with Clover itself.

Slice: Here's the HDA-related output. You can see the message I'm getting:

3:330  0:000  Audio HDA (addr:0x1B0000) setting specified layout-id=28 (0x1C)
3:332  0:000  patch HDEF in DSDT 
3:333  0:000  Start HDA Fix
3:333  0:000  found HDA device NAME(_ADR,0x001B0000) And Name is HDEF
3:333  0:000  NewName HDEF already present, renaming impossibble
3:334  0:000  HDA Controller [8086:1E20] :: PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1B,0x0) => setting specified layout-id=28 (0x1C)

I still get this even after setting DropOEM_DSM->HDA=True. Then I tried DropOEM_DSM=True and it's still the same. It looks like it's not dropping?

This is what I see for HDEF in IORegistryExplorer with the DSDT and Clover injection.

it´s not only the clover config.plist :) . But i think clover + FakeSMC are not 100% perfect for X99. 

Some results with xcpm or IntelCpuPM confuse me  :)

The Bios settings are very important for a stable X99 system, but there is no 100% solution at this time. One time config A works best, and next day it won´t boot :hysterical:  

And for my ASUS board and the 5930k i have to patch the MSRs, to get better performance and stable system. 

Test with MSRs changes are not completed, and it´s not useful to post nonsense patches here.

But one config/bios/msr config looks good at this moment.  

I only have a 100% working and 100% stable config for 10.11.6 with xcpm and only 1 Patch for x99. No reboot fixes, no xcpm init patches or performance fix patches are needed.

Member diffuser confirmed this 1 patch solution. 

I will start a new topic for X99 and xcpm testing. 

• Like 1

Slice: Here's the HDA-related output. You can see the message I'm getting:

3:330  0:000  Audio HDA (addr:0x1B0000) setting specified layout-id=28 (0x1C)
3:332  0:000  patch HDEF in DSDT 
3:333  0:000  Start HDA Fix
3:333  0:000  found HDA device NAME(_ADR,0x001B0000) And Name is HDEF
3:333  0:000  NewName HDEF already present, renaming impossibble
3:334  0:000  HDA Controller [8086:1E20] :: PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1B,0x0) => setting specified layout-id=28 (0x1C)

I still get this even after setting DropOEM_DSM->HDA=True. Then I tried DropOEM_DSM=True and it's still the same. It looks like it's not dropping?

This is what I see for HDEF in IORegistryExplorer with the DSDT and Clover injection.

This is good. Just message is little confusing. The device is already named HDEF so the renaming is impossible not needed

Clover doesn't inject PinConfiguration as found it is not needed.

Otherwise I see no problem on these screens.

Clover has been working very well for me but after installing the latest version 3751, Im having some problems. I have HD4000 GPU and now it shows that I have two monitors installed of the same model. Also the mouse movement is extremely laggy. Im using El Capitan 10.11.6.

• Like 1

Why is injecting Pin Config not needed? Without it I have no audio device.

Look again at the Clover HDEF section. There's a number of sections missing/empty and presumably this is why I have no sound when using Clover to fix HDA.

The Clover DSDT Fix was invented in 2012 and HDA fix discussed in 2012-2013. You are first saying it is wrong.

See also reports of other AppleALC users. They are successful without custom DSDT.

I can't provide an example because I use VoodooHDA. My DSDT has empty HDEF and SystemProfiler knows Audio Devices, not from PinConfiguration

Снимок экрана 2016-09-15 в 23.40.47.png

Clover upgraded to v3751. And now the "EDID" is enabled by default? For only use one monitor, but the preferences of the system "monitor", there are two monitors.

How do I disable EDID?

EDID->Inject=False

• Like 2

Guys, Pike R. Alpha discover that Sierra has a new revision of the bootArgs with a new struct for the video mode (+reserved field):

* Video information.. 
 */

struct Boot_VideoV1 {
    uint32_t    v_baseAddr; /* Base address of video memory */
    uint32_t    v_display;  /* Display Code (if Applicable */
    uint32_t    v_rowBytes; /* Number of bytes per pixel row */
    uint32_t    v_width;    /* Width */
    uint32_t    v_height;   /* Height */
    uint32_t    v_depth;    /* Pixel Depth */
};
typedef struct Boot_VideoV1 Boot_VideoV1;

struct Boot_Video {
    uint32_t    v_resv[7];  /* Reserved */
    uint64_t    v_baseAddr; /* Base address of video memory */
};
typedef struct Boot_Video   Boot_Video;

source: https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2016/08/22/macos-sierra-used-updated-boot-args/

I think deserve a try to fix automatic reboots..  :yes:

• Like 1

Guys, Pike R. Alpha discover that Sierra has a new revision of the bootArgs with a new struct for the video mode (+reserved field):

* Video information.. 
 */

struct Boot_VideoV1 {
    uint32_t    v_baseAddr; /* Base address of video memory */
};
typedef struct Boot_VideoV1 Boot_VideoV1;

struct Boot_Video {
    uint32_t    v_resv[7];  /* Reserved */
    uint64_t    v_baseAddr; /* Base address of video memory */
};
typedef struct Boot_Video   Boot_Video;

source: https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2016/08/22/macos-sierra-used-updated-boot-args/

I think deserve a try to fix automatic reboots..  :yes:

I don't think that anything in Clover even uses it, beside the dump logic... if it is added, don't forget to add © Pike R. Alpha, or you will feel the wrath of his zero-tolerance-policy. ;)

• Like 1