Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

I've discovered a really strange issue with an Asrock B85M Pro4 board doing UEFI boot with Clover (r2403):

I setup a 10.9 hard disk drive with Clover in UEFI boot mode. When I put the drive into a USB enclosure and connect it to the board, it boots up fine.

But when I connect the same drive directly to one of the board's SATA ports it refuses to boot. The UEFI (tried V1.60 and V1.90, both patched with PMPatch and vanilla) doesn't recognize the drive as boot device. Has anyone else observed this issue with Asrock boards too?

Mieze

I'm friends with a question regarding the configuration of a specific starting CloverEFI in HD!
I have two hd's. An installed the Mavericks 10.9.1 which I use as the main system and another installed 10.9.2 Mavericks (Build13C32 beta) for testing. Except that when I boot the boot by CloverEFI, he fires up the HD test and not on my main system. How do I change the automatic boot hd test for my main?

You can identify the HD boot by config.plist clover by UUID specific HD!!!

I've discovered a really strange issue with an Asrock B85M Pro4 board doing UEFI boot with Clover (r2403):

I setup a 10.9 hard disk drive with Clover in UEFI boot mode. When I put the drive into a USB enclosure and connect it to the board, it boots up fine.

But when I connect the same drive directly to one of the board's SATA ports it refuses to boot. The UEFI (tried V1.60 and V1.90, both patched with PMPatch and vanilla) doesn't recognize the drive as boot device. Has anyone else observed this issue with Asrock boards too?

Mieze

In what formats are your boot drives??

Edited by Bruxo

In what formats are your boot drives??

HFS+ (Journaled) with GPT partition scheme setup on a real Mac with Disk Utility. I always do OS X installation on real Macs as it makes things much easier.

Mieze

HFS+ (Journaled) with GPT partition scheme setup on a real Mac with Disk Utility. I always do OS X installation on real Macs as it makes things much easier.

Mieze

Check in the drive uses UEFI Bios is represented as EFI boot boot!!

If not possiver!
Riding EFI system partition and check if anything wrong in Clover installed in this unit, check also if RC scripts were installed on that partition!

Check in the drive uses UEFI Bios is represented as EFI boot boot!!

If not possiver!
Riding EFI system partition and check if anything wrong in Clover installed in this unit, check also if RC scripts were installed on that partition!

Yes, I checked the Clover installation and UEFI setup several times and found no error but the issue remains:

connected via USB: UEFI recognizes the drive as bootable and Clover successfully boots OS X.

connected via SATA: UEFI doesn't recognize any boot device (the drive is the only one in the system).

Secure boot is disabled (tried both settings) and CSM enabled (also tried both) but those settings doesn't seem to have any influence.

Mieze 

Yes, I checked the Clover installation and UEFI setup several times and found no error but the issue remains:

connected via USB: UEFI recognizes the drive as bootable and Clover successfully boots OS X.

connected via SATA: UEFI doesn't recognize any boot device (the drive is the only one in the system).

Secure boot is disabled (tried both settings) and CSM enabled (also tried both) but those settings doesn't seem to have any influence.

Mieze 

Doing so:
Initialize a pendriver with Clover;
go to Boot Options Clover;
add the UEFI Boot options

post-814746-0-62716600-1388344364_thumb.png

post-814746-0-09713400-1388344391_thumb.png

• Like 1

Mieze 

Maybe your BIOS is searching for BOOTX64.efi on an internal disk???

Did you already tried to create an /EFI/BOOT folder at your EFI partition, make a copy of CLOVERX64.efi on it and

rename it to BOOTX64.efi???

I had a very stressful experience a few minutes ago. I installed the 2427 version that is in the link a few posts ago and it lost all my hdds in the boot menu Clover. There appeared no boot option on any HDD, even making boot from the USB drive. It was quite disturbing because I have one year of my work on my main system and I thought there was the possibility that, for whatever reason, anything could have erased all my hdds. I climbed my pen drive installation and could return to calm when I saw the terminal that hdds were intact, thank God! So I plugged my main hd on our other computer and reinstalled Clover, now in version 2428 and all is well again, thank God! Uf!

• Like 1

I had a very stressful experience a few minutes ago. I installed the 2427 version that is in the link a few posts ago and it lost all my hdds in the boot menu Clover. There appeared no boot option on any HDD, even making boot from the USB drive. It was quite disturbing because I have one year of my work on my main system and I thought there was the possibility that, for whatever reason, anything could have erased all my hdds. I climbed my pen drive installation and could return to calm when I saw the terminal that hdds were intact, thank God! So I plugged my main hd on our other computer and reinstalled Clover, now in version 2428 and all is well again, thank God! Uf!

Here I have a micro sd with Clover old version;
For HD tests and do sometimes have to connect and disconnect them;
And every time I need micro sd with clover to clover boot options to enable the partitions with clover with UEFI boot, they live up losing it!

can someone help me  configure quadro 600 in clover? i don't know  I'm experiencing lag i have done over thousand installations and sleekness nights

I'm using maverick also 

can someone help me  configure quadro 600 in clover? i don't know  I'm experiencing lag i have done over thousand installations and sleekness nights

I'm using maverick also 

What is your specs ?

I've exactly the same problem like toleda mentioned here in this post
http://www.insanelym...71#entry1909778

my clover boot log also says exactly this 

0:318 0:000 SetScreenResolution: 1920x1080 - not found!
0:318 0:000 SetMaxResolution: found best mode 0: 1024x768 - set

I've intelHD3000 on GA-Z86X rev1.3 i7-2600K

On login screen and inside the system my graphics card is working at good resolution. But at clover gui and apple legacy logo its not.

Thanks

Hi there ios9! Sadly the only thing I can tell you is to try adding the CSMVideoDxe driver (if it's UEFI boot) and to enable PatchVBios, but I'm not sure that works with the Intel graphics. Besides that, there's not much you can do. In fact I have the same resolution issue on my board while booting UEFI, which doesn't happen in legacy mode.

At most you may try looking for the highest resolution possible (which in my case is 1280x1024) by pressing PgUp and PgDown on Clover's GUI, and then add that resolution to your plist to force it at load.

Good luck!

Thank you very much for your help solved my problem by loading CSMVIDEODXEDRIVER into my EFI partition and patched vbios.Patch was successfull n running good at 1080p reso.

I tried this patchvbios without that driver for million times and confirmed myself as noob. :D

Thanks again.

Edited by ios9

Doing so:
Initialize a pendriver with Clover;
go to Boot Options Clover;
add the UEFI Boot options

Hello Bruxo,

that worked and resolved the issue. Now I can even disable CSM. Obrigada!

Mieze

@fusion71au: may I ask you something, your BIOS doesn't have UEFI support, right? If so, that explains the differences between you and me. I'm running my system in Hybrid UEFI mode (with CSM) with Clover, installed in the EFI partition and Windows 7, installed the UEFI way. The SLIC Dump Toolkit is known to be non-working on GPT drives and UEFI BIOSes (it actually works on such BIOSes, but only in Legacy boot mode), unlike RW Everything and AIDA64 (Business and Engineer Edition, Extreme Edition has no APCI Tool), as they seem to have no problem with that. I've used both of them to determine the ACPI tables and all OEM IDs seems to be correct (and equal) according to both.

Hi,

So I installed mavericks on my laptop (Asus X54C) with clover bootloader and everything went well until the first boot from the hard drive. First boot took quite long time so I booted again with -v to see whats wrong. Boot stops at IOBluetoothHCI.. and I know this is not related to bluetooth but the next step after that: graphics. I know this has been asked before but no proper solution has been posted and after trying to add fakesmc.kext, nullcpupowermanagement.kext, deleting kexts and booting with different settings I havent been able to solve this.

Boot with -v: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tqd9r5dijoa1m2e/Foto%2029.12.13%2021%2039%2050.jpg

My graphics card is Intel HD Graphics 3000 and again, Im using clover not chimera or chameleon.

Thanks smile.png

@philip_petev,

Yes you are indeed correct, my machine uses old style BIOS.  I don't think I recall any UEFI/EFI PCs back in 2008 when I bought my XPSm1530 (besides Apple of course :) ).

From the Clover wiki:

BIOS--->MBR--->PBR--->boot--->CLOVERX64.efi--->OSLoader

That being said, the XPSm1530 is one of the most compatible laptops for OSX and is able to run any OSX from Leopard to Mavericks very well.  I boot Clover in non-uefi mode (see post by BatcOuntrY) on a pure GPT drive with protective mbr.  UEFI Windows 7_X64 is also installed and booted by Clover-EFI - see this very insightful post by Pene.

The SLIC Dump Toolkit incompatibility is more likely due to UEFI BIOS than disk partitioning I suspect.

Unfortunately, my problem remains, and I don't seem to find a person here who is able to actually help me. I have to admit this is slowly become very frustrating. I am not a person who is crying for help with any little problem I encounter, but only if I really don't know what to do, and after having tried so solve everything for myself. And I still think the probs I have are - at least partly - at fault of clover, not mine.

Maybe related to my newer CPU and X79 rev, but nobody seems to be really interested in helping me find out. So it seems clover is not supporting 4930K or newer X79 revs at all? Or do I just ask in the wrong forum? Is there any place where you can actually get some help with clover? Maybe a place where I can talk to some devs? Shall I open some tickets?