OSX 10.5.8 is now in software update

276 posts in this topic

I think an COMBO make sense on some very "frickled" systems. Means is someone has installed very much special fixes (not kexts) like gpu.pgk which sometimes arent up to date. So thats an mixed system like 10.5.5/10.5.6/10.5.7. Not really 10.5.7.

Normally, if you know that you dont have such an mixed up (different/mixed updates) system, normal update is ok.

Just installed on both my Hacks, HackOne i lost the ethernet and timemachine (fixed with the old IONetworkingFamily.kext). HackTwo went perfect no touches needed.

Dont worry guys that's the fun part of the Hack :(

Updated from 10.5.7 to 10.5.8 using Software Update - Using Core 2 Duo E7200 on P5Q-SE board w/ BIOS mod.

The Kernel updated to 9.8.0, built in audio's not working after reboot ( Audigy 2 is in Sound, but also not producing audio ), machine rebooted 2x after update, otherwise it seems ok.

Updated via software update and everything went fine. First reboot it hung and second reboot I got in with everything sans audio and sleep. Audio was fixed by reloading HDAenabler. We'll have to see about sleep.

Update history: 10.5.6 Vanilla > 10.5.7 iDeneb Combo Updater > 10.5.8 Software Update

Ran the software update version on my Core i7 EX-58-UD3R Had a Kernel Panic caused by a Jmicron kext. After removing LegacyJMicronJMB36xSATA.kext from my /Extra/Extensions folder and updating boot caches it ran fine. I dont use the Jmicron sata ports anyway.

hi, i am succesfuly updated from 10.5.7 iAtkos to 10.5.8 via Software update!

Chameleon 2,

Intel C2D,

VoodooHDA,

VoodooPS2Controler,

BCM 57xx,

Intel GMA X3100,

2GB RAM

Custom DSDT.aml

Vanilla kernel

Everything works with no issuies! No touches needed!

updated via software update on dell latitude d520. the delete appleintelcpupowermanagement thingy is needed, so google for guides on earlier updates on how to do this. i had to delete it manually after booting form ipc 10.5.6 installer disk. once i was there, i also reinstalled voodoo kernel 9.5.0 and ps/2 keyboard and gma900 fixes. all is like before now. no real change for this old machine, but maybe there are some significant changes for the fully supported ones out there :police: anyway, don't have to bother about the update notice any more at least :)

Sleep does not work in this update, any fix for this?

Yep, you're right, sleep is borked on mine too. Spoke too soon (I never let my system sleep, so it's not a big deal, but I do like things to be working properly as on a real Apple machine).

I'm sure by the time I finish typing this, one of the geniuses here will have figured out what borked sleep and how to fix it. Thanks in advance!

can anyone get ethernet marvell 8056 working?

i edited the kext to reflect 8056 but it still isnt showing up

edit* nevermind, it worked after i updated the audio kext using AppleHDAPatcher

...weird...

Yep, you're right, sleep is borked on mine too. Spoke too soon (I never let my system sleep, so it's not a big deal, but I do like things to be working properly as on a real Apple machine).

I'm sure by the time I finish typing this, one of the geniuses here will have figured out what borked sleep and how to fix it. Thanks in advance!

I noticed the same thing. I installed it right over my iatkos v7 installation without any issues. I also noticed that you get bsod on sleep. I checked all of the kexts from before the install to the ones that are there now and there were only minimal differences.

Missing nvenet.kext from before the install, and now have AppleTyMCEDriver.kext which I didn't have before.

I'll try the Voodoo9.7 kernel that i was using before and see if that helps the sleep, but my vanilla 9.7 was sleeping so I doubt this will have any effect. Anyway, I'll let you know if I find something that works.

kk

btw, I'm running on a gigabyte ep45-ud3r with voodoohda and envy24 sound drivers. Also running sleepwatcher to disable voodoohda and envy24 on sleep. I thought this was initially the problem, but since you're both running into the same sleep issues it looks to be something else. I should also remove my sound driver kexts to be sure. Anyway... back at it...

i cant seem to get my usb wireless to work after the update. Tried connecting my iPhone and that works so it cant really b usb, not too sure whats going on. Any help?

Retail osx 10.5.7 -> 10.5.8 system update.

Update went "ok". I had to reinstall the sound drivers and my sleep no longer functions. Timed sleep was always broken, but now when I select Sleep from the Apple menu, the computer doesn't fully sleep and it doesn't let me get back on.