OSX 10.5.8 is now in software update

276 posts in this topic

Using ideneb 10.5.7 update kill drive so i repair permissions and was able to log in again however the update killed my uses of ata drives.

specs

ep45 ud3r q9550

The install made it so my system profiler no longer works

any help please :)

Edit had to install legacy jmicron something i never had to use before now

Installed via SW update.. then found that sleep is no longer working. After removing IntelCPUPMDisabler.kext sleep is back and functional. Now I have only 3 additional kexts in hidden EFI partition (and CPUs temperatures higher about of 10 degrees of C).

BTW: have you noticed new line in sys. profiler (?!):

Hardware UUID: 00000000-0000-1000-YYYY-XXXXXXXXXXX

Have no clue what it can be.

It does break my keyboard layout. Seem that Ukelele no longer works in 10.5.8.

I put layout file to /Library/Keyboard Layouts and restart but it wont show on layout list.

Any idea?

And I can't eject disk using F12.

Update: after set keyboard id to 198, I can eject DVD drive by pressing F12

I confirm that removing IntelCPUPMDDisabler.kext from /Extra/Extensions.mkext fixes the sleep issue, but the temperatures are 4/5 °C higher.

Don't have this file in /Ectra/extensions, i removed Disabler.kext in /system/library/extension and in /extra/extensions, and rebuild Mkext WITHOUS SUCCES

So i dont know what's wrong. Please, Help me, i'm a SLEEP Addict :unsure:

I confirm that removing IntelCPUPMDDisabler.kext from /Extra/Extensions.mkext fixes the sleep issue, but the temperatures are 4/5 °C higher.

Is this folder on the installation drive (ie Macintosh HD disk) OR do you have this on a separate EFI partition ?

I was reading about the chameleon efi with zero mod efi partition. Is that the same as using leopardsoup (weaksauce) 's PCI efi v9 ?? Do both methods install extra kexts and such on the hidden partition ?

Why do not work ALCinject.kext extension with 10.5.6 update ?

Mobo: Intel DG31PR

audio chip: Realtek* ALC888

installation: boot123 with macosx10.5.5 retail

EFI: PCEFIV9 with DSDT enabler

sorry!!!

i mean 10.5.8

:unsure:

Is this folder on the installation drive (ie Macintosh HD disk) OR do you have this on a separate EFI partition ?

I was reading about the chameleon efi with zero mod efi partition. Is that the same as using leopardsoup (weaksauce) 's PCI efi v9 ?? Do both methods install extra kexts and such on the hidden partition ?

I have the mkext in the installation drive :unsure:

@martouney: /system/library/Extensions.mkext is automatically rebuilt by the OS, and I use these commands in terminal to rebuild /Extra/Extensions.mkext (put all the kext's in /Extra/Extensions first):

sudo chown -R 0:0 /Extra/Extensions
sudo chown -R root:wheel /Extra/Extensions
sudo chmod -R 755 /Extra/Extensions
sudo kextcache -a i386 -m /Extra/Extensions.mkext /Extra/Extensions

I confirm that removing IntelCPUPMDisabler.kext from /Extra/Extensions.mkext fixes the sleep issue, but the temperatures are 4/5 °C higher.

This is very strange. Do you have AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext installed in /System/Library/extensions ? Are you running a vanilla kernel? You can check that by running 'uname -a' in the terminal.

AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext causes a KP and that's what the Disabler is all about.

This is very strange. Do you have AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext installed in /System/Library/extensions ? Are you running a vanilla kernel? You can check that by running 'uname -a' in the terminal.

Yes to both the questions, I have the vanilla 9.8.0 (10.5.8 kernel) and the kext that came with 10.5.8.

AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext causes a KP and that's what the Disabler is all about.

I don't remember, but it's either a problem that happens only on some systems, or a modified BIOS for your mainboard (I have that) fixes it.

Yes to both the questions, I have the vanilla 9.8.0 (10.5.8 kernel) and the kext that came with 10.5.8.

I don't remember, but it's either a problem that happens only on some systems, or a modified BIOS for your mainboard (I have that) fixes it.

OK. That explains things. Lessor hardware such as my Dell 1525 Laptop are just going to have to suffer along for the moment. Thanks for the info!

So how do I delete that disabler do you just select it and move to trash .... ??

I removed nullcpupowermanagement.kext which is the same as disabler.kext and Intelcpupowermanagement.kext, removed extensions.mkext and sleep still not working. Where are the genius of the community with real solution?

I removed nullcpupowermanagement.kext which is the same as disabler.kext and Intelcpupowermanagement.kext, removed extensions.mkext and sleep still not working. Where are the genius of the community with real solution?

Is sleep not working when OSX sleeps itself, or is it not working when you go to Apple Menu > Sleep?

After updating to 10.5.8, sleep wasn't working when I went to Apple > Sleep. I read today that deleting Disabler.kext fixes it for some, but at the expense of CPU temperature. After deleting it, sleep still didn't appear to work and my temperatures were the same. I walked away from my computer and when I came back it was sleeping, but woke up fine. I also just realized I have NullCPUPowerManagement.kext in my extensions, so that may explain the temperatures staying the same. Sleep menu option still doesn't work, but this is not a huge issue since auto-sleep works. To anyone experiencing sleep trouble, check if both don't work or if one or the other does.

Edit: Just removed NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and I can confirm that sleep now fully works (from Apple Menu and via auto-sleep.) As expected, the CPU seems to be running about 5-7 degrees hotter than it did before.