OSX 10.5.8 is now in software update

276 posts in this topic

Ep35-ds3 I lost my audio as well was using the VoodooHDA thingy

Use the AppleHDAPatche to get the audio wokring... after every point update you got to use that to get the audio working.

Same question here. Sleep forces a reboot now...

sleep not working here too.... not sure how to get it working. any solution pls post.

thanks.

Bah.....

1. repair the permissions before update, and use combo update is always better then the software... also for permissions!

2. make a backup, if not of whole system almost backup your S/L/E if some wrong you can always back to your old kexts

3. before updating like chicken waiting a bit what guru thinks about and check also other forums blogs like http://netkas.org/

4. for who doesnt understand... check here http://netkas.org/

Guys, I have a Gigabyte EP45-DQ6 motherboard and I just installed the 10.5.8 update and my sound doesn't work anymore. I believe I have the ALC889A for sound card. How can I fix this?

Try EFI String for 889a should work with stock applehda 10.5.8 (remove hdaenabler and all legacy audio kexts!) or you can patch your dsdt see my post for Snowy it works an 10.5.8 but not with 10.5.7 at thread [GUIDE] Retail OS X Install (10.5.7) on Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 (Core i7) Mobo, Scripted installs! - Chameleon 2, Retail & EFI Partition boot post Nr. 4321

It didn't work for me. :angel: Now I have to reinstall everything.

One thing Windows has OS X beat is with being able to restart in safe mode and going back to the previous save point and restarting again as if nothing ever was touched on the HD.

Boot into safe mode (-x) or single user mode (-s) and verbose (-v) to find out where the system is hanging. Boot using the Boot-132 method to add the options at boot time ala Windows XP. If you need details, google os x boot options. One thing windows doesn't have is native support to create an image of a drive to an external USB drive for backup in case the upgrade doesn't goes South.

10.5.8 installed on my iDeneb HP dc7800. At first I got the dreaded Still waiting for root device (which I'd got before with the initial install), but copying all the *ATA* extensions from my backup got me past that.

Now though, PS/2 isn't working, and USB never worked for me so I can't log in and I'm a bit stuck! I tried copying my previous PS/2 kext into place (just the regular Apple one), but it didn't make a difference.

Any suggestions?

thanks!

Is this a problem

Do I need to re-installation?

Use the Disabler.kext! The installer verifies the existence of periodically AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, if you deleted it aborts the installation!

All working, except the battery meter, even USB ok! Audio OK! Wireless RTL8187L OK!

post-326910-1249565648_thumb.png

dell precision m6300 from iPC X-DL 10.5.6 -> 10.5.7 via software update (had to redo audio, network kexts) -> 10.5.8 via software update (had to redo network kext, still no audio and no keyboard touchpad)

i tried the same sigmatel 9205 fix that worked in 10.5.6 and 10.5.7 but still no audio.

i tried the ApplePS2Controller.kext that worked in 10.5.6 but that didnt work this time either.

i dont use sleep mode, but everything else seems to be running fine. I run an external monitor and it is working well. just gotta figure out the keyboard and audio issues...

Edit:

Ok, have audio and keyboard and mouse now!

got the ApplePS2Controller.kext AND AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext from here

and installed them and audio came back as well as keyboard and mouse!