OSX 10.5.8 is now in software update

276 posts in this topic

Hello,

Everything is fine after updating. Just getting this annoying message continuously...

Aug 6 16:39:30 localhost kernel[0]: PortDriverBrcm4311/AirPortDriverBrcm4311-365.91.19/SnowLeopard/src/shared/macosx_osl.cpp", line 936: mbuf_flags(m) & MBUF_PKTHDR

Aug 6 16:39:30 localhost kernel[0]: Assertion failed: file "/SourceCache/AirPortDriverBrcm4311/AirPortDriverBrcm4311-365.91.19/SnowLeopard/src/shared/macosx_osl.cpp", line 936: mbuf_flags(m) & MBUF_PKTHDR

Aug 6 16:39:41: --- last message repeated 115 times ---

But still internet is working OK... any ideas?

Thanks!

{censored}! Got kenelpanic! Failed to load extension com.apple.driver.AppelACPIPlatform. Kinda sure it has something to do with some intelparts? Is there a way to fix it now or do I have to reinstall?

I have the same problem

GA-965P-DS3P rev 3.3

I haven't updated yet on any of my hacks, but perhaps someone who has will try using the sleep fix that superhai had for the older verisons... it's on his site... it has fixed similar issues in the past, so maybe that's all that's needed this time around as well.

http://www.superhai.com/darwin.html

VoodooUSBEHCI

Just make sure and follow his directions on editing the info.plist:

Readme for EHCISleepEnabler

To enable it you have to edit the [i]Info.plist[/i] in
[i]/System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleUSBEHCI.kext/Contents/[/i]
You need to add these lines

<key>OSBundleCompatibleVersion</key>
<string>1.0</string>

under

<key>CFBundleVersion</key>
 <string>3.1.5</string>

most likely you won't see 3.1.5, it'll be different version, so just look for the CFBundleVerison line and go from there.

anyways, if someone tries it and it fixes it, please let us know... personally I use sleep too much to attempt the upgrade without knowing for sure. ;) if no one has tried by the weekend i'll give it a shot when I have time.

I haven't updated yet on any of my hacks, but perhaps someone who has will try using the sleep fix that superhai had for the older verisons... it's on his site... it has fixed similar issues in the past, so maybe that's all that's needed this time around as well.

http://www.superhai.com/darwin.html

VoodooUSBEHCI

Just make sure and follow his directions on editing the info.plist:

Readme for EHCISleepEnabler

To enable it you have to edit the [i]Info.plist[/i] in
[i]/System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleUSBEHCI.kext/Contents/[/i]
You need to add these lines

<key>OSBundleCompatibleVersion</key>
<string>1.0</string>

under

<key>CFBundleVersion</key>
 <string>3.1.5</string>

most likely you won't see 3.1.5, it'll be different version, so just look for the CFBundleVerison line and go from there.

anyways, if someone tries it and it fixes it, please let us know... personally I use sleep too much to attempt the upgrade without knowing for sure. ;) if no one has tried by the weekend i'll give it a shot when I have time.

Tried that already yesterday when I updated to 10.5.8 and sleep still not working.

I tried the SU on my Gigabyte machine and I got the blue screen, so I figure there is some video problem with it.

I was having a monitor problem where I just had to plug in my vga monitor to the port closest to the mobo and it was fine. I do have a problem with sleep still on both my Gateway laptop and Gigabyte desktop, both don't fully sleep and don't wake up either. Everything else seems to work ok.

Just updated. Was running iAtkos v7 10.5.7 with vanilla kernel.

Ran the update from the software updater. Just had to reinstall video drivers to get QE back (x1950Pro). Very pleased with how smooth this went. ;) Didnt try sleep yet, but I never used it anyway.

Intel Q6600

Gigabyte EP45-UD3R

ATI x1950Pro (PCI-E)

Worked well on my GA-P35-DS3L. I had to copy over my backup IOATAFamily.kext from 10.5.7 to get it to boot, but if i had put it in the Extra folder like a smart person i would have avoided all of that.

No sleep here either. Nothing shows up in the Console when trying to sleep, so i dont know where else to look. I've reinstalled OpenHaltRestart to no avail.

just updated on 2 PCs, worked fine. dunno about sleep, I dont need it.

241_z0r_asusp5kplse_1058_02.png

Asus P5KPL-SE (Intel G31 - ICH7 - SATA AHCI)

http://browse.geekbench.ca/geekbench2/view/153481

post install: SystemProfiler_Fix, reinstall Realtek RTL8111 Ethernet driver.

Abit IP35-E (Intel P35 - ICH9 - SATA)

http://browse.geekbench.ca/geekbench2/view/153647

post install (before reboot): SystemProfiler_Fix, reinstall AppleIntelPIIXATA2.kext, edit AppleYukon2.kext

ICHx.pkg (AppleIntelPIIXATA2.kext)

installed to /System/Library/Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns

http://www.mediafire.com/?jnm0rg1ndzm

Marvell_Yukon_88E8056.pkg (AppleYukon2.kext)

installed to /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns

http://www.mediafire.com/?hkyydzxwwmy

SystemProfiler_Fix_rev2.pkg

- SPiPlatformReporter.spreporter

- SPPlatformReporter.spreporter

installed to /System/Library/SystemProfiler

http://www.mediafire.com/?dzmriuwmodl

ok , My Hack is on 10.5.8 now - got a reboot first time , everythings well after 2nd boot.

Everything working after update , GFX , Sound , Ethernet , Sleep ..Cool

This was also my experience. I like to have a heart attack during the reboot in that the box shut down and went for another boot. As I was trying to remember how to get the boot to show the steps it shot through all the screens and completed a reboot into 10.5.8. I realize that it is supposed to do that now as I read this thread.

But what is crazy is that everything seems to be running far faster now for some reason on a mid range 4GB Q9550 with 1GB Nvidia 250 with the OSX all by itself on a 1.5TB drive in a dual boot system.

Go figure?

BTW GiveAway of the Day is giving away Paragon NTFS for the Mac until midnight tonight. This allows me to read and write to the NTFS on the other 1.5TB HD from this OS X 10.5.8. A lot of windows only users are mad as hell that they can't benefit from GOTD's offer today since it runs only on the Mac.

all fine here using update trough the updater.

I only had to install the sound kext and the systemprofiler to get "about this mac" show up right.

Sleep wprks with no issues (always did).

strange it never adds my signature to the text at the end ??

I am on an iatkos install, with Gigabyte EP 45 DS 3 / Quadcore 9500 with 3,2 Ghz / 4GB Ram 100 Mhz / Geforce 9500 GT /

all running fine

I lost audio and cant seem to get it back, 889a from a GA-EP35-DS3R...shouldnt be so problematic, I just dont know whats going on ! ;) lol

Did you have a copy of your AppleHDA.kext before you did the update? If so just install it with kext helper. I have the same motherboard and it messed up my audio also.

Updated to 10.5.8, but now there is a problem: I have orange drive icons. This same thing happened when I upgraded to 10.5.7, but was able to fix it by placing the LegacyIOAHCIBlockStorage.kext directly in the /System/Library/Extensions folder. This no longer works. Any suggestions?

FYI, I had two other problems of which I'm not immediately concerned with:

(1) Sleep is broken: It will blank the monitor but the system keeps running.

(2) Sound was broken. To correct the problem I had to replace AppleHDA.kext with (my old one) one that works.

Yay, works like a charm.

Update from iDeneb 10.5.7 on Dell XPS M1330 using Delta Update

Like you guys, the system boots up after 2 tried.

There was a yellow notice that AppleSMBIOS cannot be loaded. So I replaced it with old one.

Sound doesn't work, have to reinstall HDAEnabler and AppleHDA kexts.

USB works out of box. Sleep doens't work, but I dont mind, since I did not fix it before (causes mouse lag for me, strange, i guess)