Leo4Allv3

eddie11c

440 posts in this topic

Go into your apple.boot.plist file and edit the plist file by deleting the seconds displayed there, the value on the very last line, <#> and save the file. Restart and you should be able to see the white screen instead of verbose. =)

Where is the file located?

chevy

Never mind found it. :(

Worked like a charm! Thanks guys.:D

back to 00Diabolic. If i run sysctl -n machdep.cpu.brand_string this is what i get in return:

Intel® Core2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz

Now if i strip @ 3.00GHz off of this it will then use system profiler to fill it in. I use a few sed commands to fix it up so it looks better, then inject it into a custom copy of AppleSystemInfo.strings. This file is located in /System/Library/CoreServices/Resources/<your language>. There is a line in here for unknown cpu type, this is where all but those cpu's used in Macs get their unknown from. Editing the other file takes away the proper speed rating.

I fixed the installer by not doing slipstream updates. I think this is where most of the issues arise personally. Take a look at the installer packages on the DVD, look for Leopard-10.5.2.

I get it sorta. I dont get exactly how it gets injected in there by the system profiler. But i see where you changed it, damn I wanna understand this like I do windows installs. In the windows world slipstreaming is the clean way to do it, other methods lead to more problems then there worth but thats with M$ bad coding anyway. I wanna learn how to customize one of these osx installs and then someday build my own install. The more i learn the closer I get. So Thank You!!

Dvd will not even get to initial install:

hangs right after "extension "com.apple.driver.itunesphonedriver" has no explictit kernal dependency" then "still waiting on root device".

anyone else have any luck or no luck on a dell 1501....im trying to get this pig to fly.

ill keep ya updated if i make any progress.

Try removing 2 gigs or booting with maxmem=2048. The fix for over 2Gigs of RAM does not seem to work on the DVD installer.

Wonder if this could be my problem also since I have 2x2gigs ? I downloaded Leo4allv3 for the second time and burned my fourth dvd and still freezes at "2min".

I didnt have to pull a stick with Leo4allv2 though.

Try removing 2 gigs or booting with maxmem=2048. The fix for over 2Gigs of RAM does not seem to work on the DVD installer.

Thanks! problem solved.

well, the same as last time, neither video nor sound driver worked ... :blink: I chose to install NVIDIA kext and audio STAC9271 driver during installation, and after bootup the screen freezes. after i remove video driver, it boots into desktop but the sound doesn't work still. Then I tried NVInject kext, doesn't work either.

My graphics card is NVIDIA 8400GS 256MB 64b, and I chose vanilla kernel 9.2.2 and default sleep kernel during installation. do i have to specify using vanilla kernel when bootup? and how could I specify kernel in boot options? thanks!

Perfect install on INTEL D945GCPE.

I had no problems with more than 2 gig RAM in fact I had 4 gig installed.

I used the default kernel.

Great work!

P.S. Chess crashed, but never mind... I had this before - it's connected to missing audio. A soon as a audio driver for ALC662 is installed everything is fine.

Still waiting HELP!

Leo4all (v2) installed without problem, when I reboot to finish the installation (user infos) and select OS X Partition ( dual boot XP ) I only have 4 or 5 lines which rapidly succedes and my PC reboot immediately.

Any suggestion, plz! thx

Procesor: Intel Pentium 4, 2800 MHz (21 x 133) MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3.

MB: Biostar P4M80-M4 (3 PCI, 1 AGP, 1 CNR, 2 DDR DIMM, Audio, Video, LAN)

Chipset: VIA P4M800 Pro

Ram: 512 Mo (PC2700 DDR SDRAM)

BIOS Award

Video: NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 4000 (64 MO)

audio Realtek ALC658 @ VIA AC'97 Enhanced Audio ControllerStockage:

Contrôleur IDE Contrôleur IDE Bus Master VIA

Contrôleur de stockage SCSI/RAID Host Controller

Contrôleur de stockage VIA SATA RAID Controller

HD ExcelStor Technology J880 (80 Go, 7200 RPM, Ultra-ATA/133)

HD HDT72252 5DLA380 SCSI Disk Device (250 Go, 7200 RPM, SATA-II)

HD Maxtor 6Y120L0 (120 Go, 7200 RPM, Ultra-ATA/133)

Lecteur Graveur DVD LITE-ON DVDRW SHM-165P6S

(DVD+R9:8x, DVD-R9:4x, DVD+RW:16x/8x,

DVD-RW:16x/6x, DVD-RAM:5x, DVD-ROM:16x

CD:48x/24x/48x DVD+RW/DVD-RW/DVD-RAM)

Leo installed in disk0s1

XP installed in disk0s2

Leo4All-v3 not tested yet

Thanks.

everything works fine, except long boot time (hangs for a while after mounting (?) ntfs partitions) and my gpu - card is recognized correctly but i still have only software CI, and only one resolution. polish translation seems to be now ok.

i know that gpu works because i have CI and QE under ToH 10.5 (and after 10.5.2 update) updated from JaS 10.4.8 healed by MacMan2007 package (currently removed but i have it on disk)

edit:

im getting two scary messages, while booting:

display family specific matching fails

PX40 family specific matching fails

and after second boot osx starts faster too.

now, im trying to install again MacMan2007 package - hope that helps

edit:

naaaaw... nothing except more scary messages happen; radeon x1600 71c3 is cursed :angel:

Hi, i cannot get ALC862 realtek audio working with the drivers supplied in the latest version...Is there a way i can get this to work..

thanks for ur help..

See here

I have the same controller. It is not part of any DVD install. Have to make a special request to get it added even then installing it can be tricky. If you have troubles read that topic as sometimes you have to attempt to install it 3 or 4 times before it takes but it depends on the system.

Good Luck

Pulling one of my 2gig sticks worked and I now have QE/CI support.

I have now put the 2gig stick back in for a full 2x2gigs and it still works, wish I would have known earlier but O'well.

My text on the whole system looks like it needs AA or smoothning (not sure the correct term) but it all looks a bit fuzzy even though I'm getting 1440x900 res.

Thanks again Eddie11c for all your hard work.

eddie11c -

All I can say is YOU ARE DA MAN!! Your v3 is the only iso that worked for me (Kalyway 10.5.2 gave me the waiting for root device error and Zeph 10.5.2 gave me the blinking underscore on boot). I am absolutely stunned - in less than half an hour I went from a piece of {censored} windoze box to the most beautiful, fastest operating system I have ever used!! I am even giddier than when I discovered Linux 9 years ago! I am SOOO done with Gates....

Honestly, I cannot believe how fast this thing runs - I click something and it opens before I blink! I cannot thank you enough sir!!

My specs:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz Socket AM2 125W Dual-Core Processor

ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard

ASUS GeForce 8500GT 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 Video Card

Western Digital Raptor WD1500ADFD 150GB 10,000 RPM Hard Drive x 2

Crucial Ballistix 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Desktop Memory x 4

What I chose from the DVD:

Kernel = 9.2.2 binpatched kernel - took a gamble... its working flawlessly!!

Chipset = NforceTest - again, working flawlessly with my SATA DVD and hard drives

Video = Nvidia drivers & NVinject 512mb - again, flawless, image on my 37" 1080p TV via DVI is ridiculous!

Network = I disabled my on board LAN as I have 2 Realtek "Routerboards" installed (providing 8 gigabit LAN ports) - these were automatically installed with stock Apple drivers.

Sound = Ok, I guess where would the fun be if no hacking was required? Sound does NOT work out of the box. I chose the correct option for my onboard sound (ADI1988) but no sound device is detected. I will try troubleshooting tonight.

Thanks again eddie11c and to the whole Insanely Mac community!! You have rejuvinated my love of computers :)

Hyperseer

thank you to everyone who put these releases together.

I installed it 3 times with different options, mainly because It would give me a "still waiting for root device" error the first 2 times.

I noticed that in the DVD's verbose load sequence, I saw that the Meddevil Nforce was loading fine, so I decided to enable the old Nforce.

Ever since that one click, it's been running almost PERFECT.

I opened the NVinject and Nvidia 8X00 related files and removed the other device ID's to gain some speed (helped for about 12 to 13 seconds worth of boot time)

THE ONLY problems I have right now are:

- Wireless RT2500 PCI Card crashes after connection, even with old IO wireless driver.

- NVInject resolutions aren't the same as the old Titan resolutions. I used to get 1920x1440@75hz... how do I enable that?

I've installed this, selecting x19x0 drivers for my ati raedon 1950 card. (thinking this is a graphic driver problem). Problem I have is it's black behind the apple logo in upper bar, plus all the text boxes (like when you right click on a file, or click on apple logo, or go, etc) are all black. I got myself to the about mac, and graphic display and it sees my card ok, with full support for everything. Anyone ever experience anything like this? I've searched the forums for "black box" not finding anything like what is happening to me. Or can someone point me in the right direction with a correct search term would be.

Thanks alot.

Greate job , Eddie!

It's weird. My desktop PC can Install Leo4all v2, But when I boot Leo4all v3 DVD , it's stuck at waiting for root device.

Leo4all v2 DVD was deleted . Any tips? thanks

CPU: AMD Athlon 64, 1800 MHz (9 x 200) 3000+ (SSE2 only)

MB: AOpen XC Cube EU482

Chipset: ATI Radeon Xpress 200

RAM: DDR400 512MB x 2

HD: Seagate ST316081 160GB SATA

DVDRW: DVD DUAL GO-W1616B

KB: PS/2

Mouse: PS/2

IDE Controller : ATI IDE Controller

SATA Controller: ATI 4379 Serial ATA Controller & ATI 437A Serial ATA Controller