Leo4Allv3

eddie11c

440 posts in this topic

I've successfully installed it twice. Trying to get my selections right. Only thing is, I've tried at least 10 times and now I seem to be getting the lock-up at 2 minute point where it just freezes. I've tried burning with different drives, speeds, seems to not be the media. I found on the wiki forum that try and re-install over the installation and it should pick up where it left off and install fine, but doesn't work for me. Any suggestions? I've tried three times installing it in a row without going to disk utility and doing anything to the partition, and doesn't finish. Thanks.

Hello to all,

Has anybody here tried install this on VMWare? I would really like to have this working through it.

I keep getting the following error, does anybody know how to get past it?

leo4allhc5.th.jpg

All the best

NSCXP2005

Thanks for Leo4Mac v3!

It's the first distribution to support the Marvell 88SE6111 IDE controller on the MSI P35 Neo mainboards.

I just had to use maxmem=2048, otherwise the machine froze at the end of the installation (2-3minutes).

Hi eddie11c,

Do you know how to get past the error message I posted a few posts back? I have tried different commands at the boot prompt but it just keeps going back to the same error message.

Please can you help?

All the best

NSCXP2005

I have tried and failed to install Kalyway 10.5.2, and now Leo4allv3. Kalyway just rebooted after darwin. With leo4allv3 I managed to get further into the boot, but still crashed and restarted.

My Specs;

CPU - Intel P4 3GHz

Motherboard - Intel Rocklake D865PERL

Chipset - Intel Springdale i865PE

RAM - 3584 MB (PC3200 DDR SDRAM)

BIOS - AMI (02/13/05)

Video - Radeon X1950 Pro

Sound - Creative SB Live! - Intel ICH5 AC97

HDD - 2 x 300GB IDE Ultra-ATA/100 7200rpm (NTFS)

1 x 80GB IDE HFS+ (GUID or MBR)

Network - Netgear GA311 Gigabit Adaptor

Can someone help me out with what options I need to set up in leo4allv3 to get up and running, especially Chipset etc.

Any help greatly appreciated.

TJ

I have selected kernel 9.2.2 .

This is the first time i saw "about this mac" show correctly about my amd x2 3600+ ."Processor 2.0 Ghz AMD Athlon 64 x2 dual core Processor 3600+" .

System profiler ---hardware---show total number of core 1 but Activity Monitor ---cpu---show 2 graphic cores. Is it because i select the kernel 9.2.2 ?

With bth Kalyway 10.5.1 and Leo4Allv3 I get this hang: with Kaly it says Darwin Kernel Version 9.1 on last line as below, with leo4allv3 it says DK ver. 9.2. But same crash!!

leopardcrash.jpg

Can anyone enlighten me as to what is wrong?

TIA

You can try any number of these flags from the topic below.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=99891

See which ones get you a boot. You might find a more suitable combination. cpus=1 is most likely it though.

Hi Eddie,

yesterday i installed your v3. Everything works so far. I only have two problems i cant figure out.

The first problem is : Where are the "Nforce 1/2/3/4" drivers ? When i install v3 i can only choose between "Nforce old" and "Nforce Test". Back in V2 there was an "Nforce 1/2/3/4" driver which worked good for me.

The second problem i have is since i installed V3 my USB transfer rates are way to slow. Its like USB 1.1. When i try to copy stuff from my external USB Drive it iss taking forever. I never had such problems in V2. Did you something changes with USB ? Any chance to get the speed back ?

Sorry for my bad english. In a german kraut ;)

greetz

nabel0

Many thanx eddie, this is the first version to work for me ;)

Most of the stuff works great, i have only one problem - LAN driver. I have a Marvell 88E1115 Gigabit LAN on my DFI INfinity NFII ULTRA. This one seems to be tricky. Tried forcedeth and it works, but keeps crashing and freezing my sistem. When I use Mozilla it crashes almost instantly, with safari i usually have 2-3 minutes to check my e-mail ;)

Hope to see someone making a good kext for this one.

Thanks once again. Keep up the good woork.

Hi!

Iv'e got an nforce 570 based motherboard - and one problem (JUST one, that is - thanks Eddie! great dvd...) -

the forcedeath driver gets a proper mac address and all, but reports the cable is disconnected.

Obviously google found many people who report the same issue - but in none of threads Iv'e read iv'e found a solution - since most of the threads are old, I figured I ask again...

does anyone know of way to fix this? it's strange, cause forcedeath works great on my linux box.

(sorry about the spam-ish post. I'm desperate. :) Ran out of pci slots for another NIC)