Leo4Allv3

eddie11c

440 posts in this topic

WOW, the Wiki has received over 45,000 visits, now that's what I call, QUALITY ASSURANCE! =))

I have a Gigabyte P965-DS4, Q6600, 3GB ram, ATI HD3870, and all sata drives (hd and dvd-rw)

I have to boot in IDE mode or the install dvd gives me "still waiting fo root device" error. The same happened with Leo4Allv2, but in that case after the instalation i could change it to ahci and boot it, with Leo4Allv3 i can´t.. it always gives me the "root device" error.

Apart from that, Leo4All v2 and v3 instalations are working perfect for me.. everyting works OTB.. gfx, sound, lan.. you name it :D

Could sombody put this on UseNeXT plz :blink:

I'll up it to usenet later this evening. I'm on easynews so it might take a little while to propagate to LoseNext.

btw, just for information purposes UseNext sucks and is a ripoff. :D

For some reason there is no osx86 (Leopard) distribution that works for me :) . I have tried them all now, Zephyroth (10.5.2), Kalyway (10.5.2), Leo (v2 and v3). They all install fine, boot up fine, but in the end I allways end up with a (now and than) slow system which freezes each couple of minutes. When using the -x option it seems to be a little bit better in most cases. This is sooo frustrating (as I would like to have a smooth running os)My hardware specs...AMD X2 3400+ ABIT A8N-SLI (nForce 4)ATI Radeon X3004 Gb RAM2 - sAta disks (1 dedicated for OSX)

Downloaded it! Thanks for changing the first install screen! The background now looks much better than the Diamond studded Apple!

Installation went fine(89th). Went through the usual setup, power management, dock, spaces, background, networking, Airport.....

And then it just HUNG!!!!!!!!

Redid the install, just set the powermanagement, was busy with setting the dock..........

And............ it just hung AGAIN!

Well I'm back on my retail plus package! i like the Background though and will be lending it from the DVD to use??!

SticMAN

Yes Eddie,

As my post says this is AFTER the installation, registration, I'm already in the OS busy setting things up! And it's a Stock Dell Dimension?!

I'll however try it again for the third time tonight, and will keep you posted!

SticMAN

Are you sure it is really hanging? the first package is very large and takes a good amount of time to prepare/extract. By big i mean compressed its 2.5 GB.

Will leo4allv3 work on my MCP61 nforce4 SATA hdd and dvd-rw

device id is 0x03F610DE

Thanks in advance .

Plz help me ,i am in a country with slow net and had downloaded leo zephy v1 but it did not allow me to format my drives it hung up on erasing disks ,so i request u too plz tell me an iso dat will work on my AMD system,i think ur v3 is the most likely candidate ,i have lost faith in kalyway and zephy ones they failed me and i think ur my last hope of getting leo on my AMD ,have been trying with various ways to get it working but to no avail,so if u can assure me dat urs might work than only will i download it.

Ok I am not sure where its hanging then, if you could be more specific. Between the testers and I, we never ran into a hang like this. Do this, repair permissions as soon your booted up. Perhaps something is trying to load causing you an issue. I would be more than happy to solve your issue if possible.

Does anyone know if downloading/seeding this is illegal?

Yes, but I wouldn't worry about it too much. If you're a paranoid {censored} like I am set your BT client to force encryption on both incoming and out going traffic. This used to be a problem because it would limit the number of seeders you can connect to, but these days almost everybody uses encryption to get around the packet shaping done by our unscrupulous ISPs who don't want to give us the service we pay for. I take all this a step further and keep all questionable stuff on an encrypted drive. Yes, I have a tin foil hat, too. :(

First of All, THANX for Another Great Release:), but need lil confirmation :(

Will my broadcom 440x work out of the box.

Broadcom- WLAN driver for BCM4306/4309/4318/4320/4324 (thats all there is)

my Broadcom worked out of the box in your first release, can u please confirm.

Hey eddie, loved your last release and I appear to be having more luck with this one, while, even less luck at the same time. What I mean is, the install seems to go just fine, but whenever I go to boot up the OS it just stops. The first time it was still waiting for the Root Device. That was with the AMD sleep kernel. So then I tried again with the new kernel, that got me further, apparently my nvidia kexts loaded which they've never done for be before but then it just stopped right after listing my internal hard drives. So then I tried the default AMD kernel and I get stuck after the nvidia kexts load. Ive tried to cut down on anything else I'm installing. Only the nVidia kexts (no actual nvinject...should i do that too?) and the test nforce chipset.

im going to try one more time with the default kernel and no 3rd party drivers except the nvidia kexts. please send me a PM. i know you must get lots of questions but i've been trying to get my video stuff working for a looong time now and i feel like i'm sooo close and im betting it would work if i could actually boot into the os.

-tyler

Hey eddie, loved your last release and I appear to be having more luck with this one, while, even less luck at the same time. What I mean is, the install seems to go just fine, but whenever I go to boot up the OS it just stops. The first time it was still waiting for the Root Device. That was with the AMD sleep kernel. So then I tried again with the new kernel, that got me further, apparently my nvidia kexts loaded which they've never done for be before but then it just stopped right after listing my internal hard drives. So then I tried the default AMD kernel and I get stuck after the nvidia kexts load. Ive tried to cut down on anything else I'm installing. Only the nVidia kexts (no actual nvinject...should i do that too?) and the test nforce chipset.

im going to try one more time with the default kernel and no 3rd party drivers except the nvidia kexts. please send me a PM. i know you must get lots of questions but i've been trying to get my video stuff working for a looong time now and i feel like i'm sooo close and im betting it would work if i could actually boot into the os.

-tyler

If you don't install nvinject with the kext's it will never load to the desktop.Please remove video kext's all together or install nvinject.

im still waiting to v3 to finish but i relzied somthing really wierd with ver2...

the install dvd will only boot up if i format the harddrive as ms-dos first. anyone else have that problem. like once i install leo on the harddrive i cant even boot up to repair premissions

after mac os (journal) is installed on it? the other wierd issue i have with this install and zeph is i absolutly need to have an external or pen usb drive hooked up (not with anything specical on it)

or i have the laggiest install ever...like i have to move the mouse in order to get windows to popup or shut down.

but aside from those issues leo4all v2 has been my best attempt at installing leopard on my comp.

hopfully tonight when i get ver3 it will have the missing pieces to the puzzle.

It got deleted on BS again. I wrote to every Admin on the site, explaining the situation, as they are obviously {censored} retarded.

Sorry Eddie, I seeded back about 2GB or so before it was deleted.

Really poor of that site.