Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD Intel_Amd (sse2/sse3) EFI V8

kaly

1,087 posts in this topic

I had the same problem with my amd x2 6000. only 1 core was showing up so I tried this tests with Logic Pro. I would max out the

cpus in logic pro. when the first cpu was maxed out.....the second cpu started to work. now both cpus' are active everytime I use LogicPro.....strange. :P My cpu info is even reading 3.7 ghz instead of 3ghz. :)

Can you guide us how to add natit.. as me all confused.., tanks

if this has been fixed allredy good if not this might help, i had the same prob , i fixed by downgrading my bios to and older one i have asurock asat2 board os86 will not work past the 1.8 bios update evan thought some have it working. i downgrades and os x 10.5.2. booted then took the 10.5.3 update no prob is working with efi and old extions or k text as know xalled , im a old mac user. but this stuck on apple logo prob is prob ur bios oe a setting in the bios . hope this points u in the right driction it did me

i did a search and couldn't find anything on this...

i have a toshiba tecra a8 ez8511x. everything is working except for quartz extreme. i tried the natit (and paulicat)gma950 kext but no luck. as best i can tell that's the graphic card built in. anyone get this working?

thanks

I have an Acer Aspire 1694 WLMI2

Cpu: Intel Pentium-M 2.0 SSE2

GPU: Ati X700 Mobility 128MB

HDD: 100 GB IDE

RAM: 2GB DDR2

Chipset: Intel 915

S-Video Out, Firewire

I'm using Kalyway's 10.5.2. The problem is I can't get it to boot. I've tried pressing F8 and using -v -legacy cpus=1, but had no luck, it hangs in this screen:

boot_failed.jpg

Can anyone help me?

Guest tylerch94

how come when i boot the kalyway, i get to the installer and then my mouse and keyboard dont work, please help me!

So since I've had such a failure at getting the bios fixed on the current HP I have I am now looking towards buying the most compatible MB that I can use with the pre-purchased parts [Q6600, the video card, memory etc] thats in the HP machine.

heres the options while I am waiting:

1. wait until enough people have the problem, that some sort of resolution arises, that could be never.

2. try to get the bios flashed downgraded, but thats been difficult, the places here in brooklyn I called act like I have two heads when I explain my situation. - find an alternate bios/HP updates the bios again, and fixes everything [not likely]

3. buy a compatible MB that is usable with all the internals available__ Micro-ATX: 9.6 in X 9.6 in /100% compatilbilty [any suggestions?]

so I decided I will give this a month, and research my motherboard purchase, and if no other solution has moved to the front of the line by then, make the purchase.

So if anyone [dune maybe even, he seems to know his stuff and have a setup that mine longs to emulate]

can suggest a compatible MB on the market replacing:[ASUS IPIBL-LA Intel G33 express Micro-ATX: 9.6 in X 9.6 in]

so basically it has to fit into that other machines box [hopefully] I was pricing stuff at newegg, but nothing was exactly like what Ive been seeing in peoples sigs and I don't want to buy it twice as they say.[P5W DH Deluxe]

thanks for any help, and if anyone knows workarounds on this bios issue without me replacing the MB, let me know.

Kenny

Thanks kaly, all was fine here, I had to install this items in order to have ths system 100% working:

- Usb fix v1.3

- Diabolik´s Natit for my ATI 1800 XT

- Rosetta Fix (no Rosetta after install)

- Windows Time Fix (this isn´t a problem of the release :D )

Now all goes very good, I had no issues, all works great, the system says i have a modem installed hehe, i don´t know why :)

Thanks again.

Alex

Hey guys,

I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit and I'm planning on installing this Kalyway on a 2nd hard drive I have sitting in my PC. I want to Dual Boot keeping Vista as the primary (automatic) OS and booting into OS X when I want to. How can I do that? Is there a Guide or Instructions?

Thanks!

I tried to install this on my new setup but the installation just freezes (after trying it three times) at the same spot. It frezes once you have selected the drive to install on and gets about 85% of the way complete and says "2 minutes remaining). I can't move the cursor at all and I have the logs open but it doesn't have any useful info.

Here are the comp spects:

MSI nforce 650i SLI board

Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.5 GHZ (I tried removing the OC and made no difference)

8GB of DDR2-800 RAM

PATA LiteON DVD-+RW drive

Geforce 8800 GTX 768MB

Areca ARC-1231ML raid controller

Another question:

I was able to get an older release to install but it will not boot off the volume after (I get no boot loader screen and just a blinking cursor). Is there anyway to store the kernel on a bootable medium/drive but still load the actual OS off the unbootable volume (raid5 array in this case). I can do this on linux with grub but not sure if this can be done on darwin nor how you would go about doing it.

Can someone tell me about the time machine fix? I did not select any additional patches during install. I assume since time machine isnt working i need to add the TimeMachineFix. Is there a simple way to do that?

Otherwise this release worked perfectly. Much easier than the 10.5.1 which was already pretty easy.

hi, I'm totally newbie here.

I've try to install with Kalyway 10.5.2 dvd, but when booting it freeze . My specs are :

Twinhead

Intel Core 2 Duo T 7200 2 GHz.

1 GB DDR2 Memory

Intel GMA 945

100 GB Hard drive SATA

Windows XP Home SP2 , and I want to use dual boot wit OS X86

I have the same problem with annoid, anybody could help?

Hey, first post in this forum.I installed Leopard on my computer and got a small problem, every thing is great but I cant get the internet to work, well.. it cant find the ethernet.. Tryed to type in IP manually and so on.. Cant find anything.. Anyone know what to do to get it to work? trying to add a PPPoE but it wont pop in the network section.Hope to get a fast answer, dont exactly know what to do!cya.bah, i guess im dumb..... i guess i need the drivers first? ;)

New here guys! First post on Insanely Mac!I use a 20 inch iMac at work but Im working on my iHac. here are my specs:Intel Core 2 Duo 2.6GHzGIGABYTE GA-P35-S3G motherboard8GB ram500GB sata driveSapphire HD 2600XT plenty of fansIDE dvd-/+ driveI can install Kalaway but I havent gotten my Lan, Wireless, or video card working.video works at install but not upon boot up.I wanna run final cut with it, just to see if it works.any ideas?New here guys! First post on Insanely Mac!I use a 20 inch iMac at work but Im working on my iHac. here are my specs:Intel Core 2 Duo 2.6GHzGIGABYTE GA-P35-S3G motherboard8GB ram500GB sata driveSapphire HD 2600XT plenty of fansIDE dvd-/+ driveI can install Kalaway but I havent gotten my Lan, Wireless, or video card working.video works at install but not upon boot up.I wanna run final cut with it, just to see if it works.any ideas?