Leo4All

eddie11c

316 posts in this topic

Ok all a PPF patch is being uploaded as we speak to address some of the known issues. When your done patching you can check the MD5 of the new ISO it should be e99334bf627d6c3e750dd78cac8c3018. Lets hope this works! You can find it in the same directory as the original RAR's, it should be finished in the next 5m or so. Please make a backup copy of the original ISO if you can, just in case.

Changes I made:

Added AppleVIAATA that supposedly supports some SB200/400/600 chipsets(Unknown if it really works)

Added ACPIPS2Nub that should support some laptop keyboards(Disable USB Legacy, maybe even all USB)

Changed the Nvidia kexts to one that should hopefully support more cards.

Removed old MBR/GUID bootloader and replaced with newer auto install thanks to Dense.

Fixed a few misc. errors.

Then my first impressions.

Consider that , I used EFI Partition mode.

- Using the usb-hdd the system doesn't start, and the reason I think is on finding the bootloader

- Using just a spare partition on HDD just dedicated to test , the system boots but i got kernel panic about to Kernel system doesn't set.

Time

on usb-hdd less than 14 mins

on hdd less than 8 mins

On both situation I choosed vanilla,no TM fix,nvidia 256 MB and the ICHx fix by dune.

I'm going to test again with different combination.

Then my first impressions.

Consider that , I used EFI Partition mode.

- Using the usb-hdd the system doesn't start, and the reason I think is on finding the bootloader

- Using just a spare partition on HDD just dedicated to test , the system boots but i got kernel panic about to Kernel system doesn't set.

Time

on usb-hdd less than 14 mins

on hdd less than 8 mins

On both situation I choosed vanilla,no TM fix,nvidia 256 MB and the ICHx fix by dune.

I'm going to test again with different combination.

If you could please try with the new patch applied first. Now you must install from a DVD for the bootloader to work. It is now called at the very end of the installation by the Installer.app.

Ok for those of you with issues, please apply the PPF patch. You can use PPFOmatic in windows or gumby in Leopard. I am sure there are others, but these are the two I know of. The old way of installing the bootloader did not work for everyone due to a dynamic page file that was written to the disk during install. This file would keep the disk from unmounting properly causing the bootloader to fail for some. Dense found a way around this and was nice enough to share it with me. So do a fresh install to a newly formatted MBR or GUID parition and report back.

Now I have to redownload the .iso since I did not backup the original one.

Lets see where I can get.

I'm calling this one version 2. =)

Ok for those of you with issues, please apply the PPF patch. You can use PPFOmatic in windows or gumby in Leopard. I am sure there are others, but these are the two I know of. The old way of installing the bootloader did not work for everyone due to a dynamic page file that was written to the disk during install. This file would keep the disk from unmounting properly causing the bootloader to fail for some. Dense found a way around this and was nice enough to share it with me. So do a fresh install to a newly formatted MBR or GUID parition and report back.

If you could please try with the new patch applied first. Now you must install from a DVD for the bootloader to work. It is now called at the very end of the installation by the Installer.app.

What patch you are talking about?I use the iso mode, I mount it, then I open the the OSInstall.mpkg for installing.

I've tried even with different kernels but the Mac Os Version Not Yet Set remains.

What patch you are talking about?I use the iso mode, I mount it, then I open the the OSInstall.mpkg for installing.

I've tried even with different kernels but the Mac Os Version Not Yet Set remains.

This will not work anymore. Please download the PPF patch I uploaded to the FTP, apply it to the ISO and burn it to a DVD. The bootloader will not install from running OSInstall.mpkg only from Installer.app that runs when you boot the DVD.

I will hop on the leopard IRC channel for this site(irc.osx86.hu), if you can hop on there I will give what assistance I can.

I'm using Gumby for the first time. Basically I go into the PPF option and put the source of the .iso and click on "go" right? Its as simple as that, right? Thanks.

When should we be seeing the first official release eddie11c? Is this one? Or there is still a long way to go? I just want to know, because I can feel some positive results in what you just uploaded. =)

This will not work anymore. Please download the PPF patch I uploaded to the FTP, apply it to the ISO and burn it to a DVD. The bootloader will not install from running OSInstall.mpkg only from Installer.app that runs when you boot the DVD.

I will hop on the leopard IRC channel for this site(irc.osx86.hu), if you can hop on there I will give what assistance I can.

As I suspected, total failure here... I get a SAM error, and CODE SIGNING errors, followed by a hang when booting the DVD.

I've burnt the ISO several times at varying speeds, nothing seems to work.. oh well...

It seems I err'd when buying this motherboard... None of the various osx dvd's will give me a bootable system.

Closest I have got now is via iAtKos r3, which will do the install, and then fails to boot with any combination of -x -f etc..

I've tried EFI, x86 bootloader.. nothing works. Also.. none of these will work in vmware either.. not even the JAS 10.8.4 will work..

bah...

yes drag the ISO to source, and ppf for the patch and click process. Once its done you can verify the MD5 again to make sure it was succesful(I don't know if this ever fails) then burn it.

As I suspected, total failure here... I get a SAM error, and CODE SIGNING errors, followed by a hang when booting the DVD.I've burnt the ISO several times at varying speeds, nothing seems to work.. oh well...It seems I err'd when buying this motherboard... None of the various osx dvd's will give me a bootable system. Closest I have got now is via iAtKos r3, which will do the install, and then fails to boot with any combination of -x -f etc..I've tried EFI, x86 bootloader.. nothing works. Also.. none of these will work in vmware either.. not even the JAS 10.8.4 will work..bah...
I included Medevil's fix for the SAM errors it could possibly work for you. Let me boot into windows real fast to see if there is an easy way for you to try it. I will post back in a few with some directions.

Ok Chipmunk, if your in Windows open UltraISO. Rightclick the right side window and choose switch to HFS Volume. Browse to /System/Library/Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins and delete AppleNforce.kext. Then delete /System/Library/Extensions.mkext and burn. Don't save it, UltraISO will break the ISO if you do. If this works you will need to check the box to install AppleNforceTest in the chipset area so it copies the correct version over. Please be sure to apply my PPF patch first, as this fixes some other issues!

I know Im kinda late to the bandwagon for testing, But Id be willing to give it a shot on my Asus G1S-B1 notebook with the following specs:

Core 2 Duo 2.4ghz

2GB 667 Ram

Nvidia 8800GT (m)

(965 Chipset based system, Unsure which one exactly ATM)

For me the Kalyway disc at least instantly reboots before It finishes loading the installer (starts it though, but reboots right after the grey apple logo screen). I have yet to try the newest Iatkos disc on it though... Im always looking for a way to get this thing dual booting vista and OSX though.

Ok for now only do installs on MBR, something is still not right with the GUID portion of the script. Need to speak with Dense some more to find out whats causing it.

EDIT** Think I found my mistake, burning another DVD to test it.

Ok Chipmunk, if your in Windows open UltraISO. Rightclick the right side window and choose switch to HFS Volume. Browse to /System/Library/Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins and delete AppleNforce.kext. Then delete /System/Library/Extensions.mkext and burn. Don't save it, UltraISO will break the ISO if you do. If this works you will need to check the box to install AppleNforceTest in the chipset area so it copies the correct version over. Please be sure to apply my PPF patch first, as this fixes some other issues!

OK, I applied the patch, and tried to do the above ultraiso steps... and I fail at writing the iso to disk..

It seems to write to the disk for around 2 minutes, then says completed... The dvd isn't bootable and doesnt look like it's got near enough data on it... (only about 1/5 burnt whereas the previous disk was totally full..)

Nope, I failed at trying to put this on my PC.

At least 6x trying each setting for the intel setup but after the reboot for the installation completes (25 mins average) it has b0 error or it refuses to even load freezing half the time.

I just hope my machine is stubborn. :huh:

I'm going to try the patch today to see if it helps.

I downloaded the patch, and processed it with Gumby. Any reason why the size is the same thing? How would I check my MD5 Checksum. Please let me know. Thanks.wait so basically I should not burn the DVD until a resolutions arrives, right?

Ok for now only do installs on MBR, something is still not right with the GUID portion of the script. Need to speak with Dense some more to find out whats causing it.EDIT** Think I found my mistake, burning another DVD to test it.

Ok, I burnt the disk, and booted but it loads to only a gray screen and mouse pointer (had this error with Zeph's aswell). Just before the gray screen loads with the mouse, it goes through 12 or more mDNSResponder errors. I think this may have something to do with my network card. Also, when i disabled legacy usb the installer stopped on a uuid error. So with usb enabled this is as far as it goes. I have left it for about an hour and it has gone no where.

what options do you have with your SATA controller? Is there a native mode? Is it on or off? There are lots of things that can cause that hang in particular. I have finished the fix for GUID so will be putting up a 2nd PPF patch shortly to address it. You will need to apply both patches. GUID works like a charm now. That B0 error will for sure be fixed, wait for the 2nd PPF patch.

Okay, so that means I should patch the 2nd PPF to the existing iso I have patched with the 1st one?

what options do you have with your SATA controller? Is there a native mode? Is it on or off? There are lots of things that can cause that hang in particular. I have finished the fix for GUID so will be putting up a 2nd PPF patch shortly to address it. You will need to apply both patches. GUID works like a charm now. That B0 error will for sure be fixed, wait for the 2nd PPF patch.

Pretty much none. It is a very basic laptop bios. I have options of usb legacy, touchpad on/off, onboard lan on/off, and critical battery settings. It's the Phenix bios ver. 1.7. Those are the only options I have.

yes the first one was called PPFv1 second one to be applied will be PPFv2. So after v1 apply v2. I am making the new MD5 for it now, then will upload it. Chipmunk if you can wait a bit, I can try and make a special PPF just for your situation to see if it fixes it for you. So if you can go ahead and apply these other 2 patches first and I will work on the one for you. I will name it ChipmunkPPF and post it to the FTP server later.

Will thihs release fix the propblem of mine with my laptop (ACPI/APIC errors on booting the disk)

Specs:

AMD Turion64 X2 [2.2ghz] [supports SSE,SSE2, SSE3, MMX, 3DNOW and x86-64]

2GB DDR2 667 [5-5-5-15]

ATI X1250 graphics card

ATI RS690 Chipset / SB600 southbridge

SATA 250GB Samsung HDD

DVD-RAM burner

Other usual laptop hardware [card reader etc]

My BIOS is very limited, no RAID/ACPI options

thanks

would love to test having tried: iATKOS [original and patched], Zephyroth [10.5.2], kalaway

Will thihs release fix the propblem of mine with my laptop (ACPI/APIC errors on booting the disk)

Specs:

AMD Turion64 X2 [2.2ghz] [supports SSE,SSE2, SSE3, MMX, 3DNOW and x86-64]

2GB DDR2 667 [5-5-5-15]

ATI X1250 graphics card

ATI RS690 Chipset / SB600 southbridge

SATA 250GB Samsung HDD

DVD-RAM burner

Other usual laptop hardware [card reader etc]

My BIOS is very limited, no RAID/ACPI options

thanks

would love to test having tried: iATKOS [original and patched], Zephyroth [10.5.2], kalaway

I'm in the same boat with you. I think the ppf v1 should fix that problem but then does your installer hang at a gray screen?