316 posts in this topic

i can test on my laptop

Intel Core Duo T2300 1.67ghz

1gb ram

Intel wifi(i know it won't work)

40gb hd to test

ALC880 audio

Ati X1600 mobile

if you want i can try with the new iso (i mean the patched one)

Ah i fixed the problem with AppleAzila

Hey Eddie11c could I test you're Leo?

My specs:

Motherboard: Asus P5KC

Processor: Intel 6750 @ 3,2 Ghz (overclocked)

Videocard: Asus EN7900GT

An Realtek 8139 PCI LAN

An SATA DVD-Drive

Greetings Arthur

i can test on my laptop Intel Core Duo T2300 1.67ghz1gbIntel wifi(i know it won't work)40gb hd to testALC880 audioAti X1600 mobileif you want i can try with the new iso (i mean the patched one)
That would be great, have a USB keyboard handy since I found the PS2Nub error after I posted the patch. It may or may not work even with the extra fix, as laptops seem to have issues. It is really hit or miss.
Hey Eddie11c could I test you're Leo? My specs:Motherboard: Asus P5KCProcessor: Intel 6750 @ 3,2 Ghz (overclocked)Videocard: Asus EN7900GTAn Realtek 8139 PCI LANAn SATA DVD-DriveGreetings Arthur
I am not taking anymore testers for now. I am hoping to have things finalized soon for the release.

EDIT-Ok the disk loaded right up on my wifes HP Laptop without even looking in the BIOS, so hopefully others will have the same experience.

I just got two q's...

1. So leopard does not support my mobile nVIDIA GeForce FX Go 5200 64Mb?

2. With both v2 and v3 of the patches released recently I can choose either MBR or GUID without getting the "b0 error" i've been getting at every install?

That would be great, have a USB keyboard handy since I found the PS2Nub error after I posted the patch. It may or may not work even with the extra fix, as laptops seem to have issues. It is really hit or miss.I am not taking anymore testers for now. I am hoping to have things finalized soon for the release.

EDIT-Ok the disk loaded right up on my wifes HP Laptop without even looking in the BIOS, so hopefully others will have the same experience.

well installed ok but after the boot (i can see loading kext etc) no kernel panics but no more video... it's maybe to no driver i search for it or if anyone can help me it's an Ati X1600 mobility radeon

I just got two q's...

1. So leopard does not support my mobile nVIDIA GeForce FX Go 5200 64Mb?

2. With both v2 and v3 of the patches released recently I can choose either MBR or GUID without getting the "b0 error" i've been getting at every install?

I dont know if it supports that video card or not, google it to see. The b0 error should be gone for good now :(

well installed ok but after the boot (i can see loading kext etc) no kernel panics but no more video... it's maybe to no driver i search for it or if anyone can help me it's an Ati X1600 mobility radeon
I am not sure about the video, try booting with -X. ATI is really poorly supported, especially mobile versions. You can try installing the X1600 drivers from the DVD but I don't even know if they work for mobile. If all else fails, try hooking up an external display to get things straightened out. I have heard that some people have to do that till they get proper kexts installed on some laptops.
But if I install the driver for go nvidia integrated on the leo4all dvd, does it work then?
I would suggest searching around first to see if its supported, I have not seen anything about it working with QE/CI but I have not looked for your card. It should still work without QE/CI though(hopes).

My specs are in my sig!

Currently running Tiger but Zephyroth's AMD version installs and works fine. Willing to test for you

My setup is totally native with the exception of my graphics and WiFi. WiFi works perfectly with an Atheros AR512 Fix. My graphics work great except I have no resolution change. I am also overclocking from 2.0ghz to 2.2ghz to test stability under tiger and it works fine.

Ok all PPFv3 is on its way up on the FPT server. Please apply the other patch(v2) then this one to get what should be the final release(I hope). The new MD5 should be 4fb5ee8f2a5b7e8baf1e699d98ed85d8.

I start with the clean iso (v0) - MD5 : f5cc518ea1cc7ccf0d1c48702744b24d

I patch using v2 patch - MD5 of resulting file : d2669f936a29700bdaafcbf61bbf0748

I patch the v2 patched ISO with the v3 patch, and I dont get the correct MD5... I'm getting b05aef47faeeee156c48b6ebf00c7958

/Chip.

I start with the clean iso (v0) - MD5 : f5cc518ea1cc7ccf0d1c48702744b24d

I patch using v2 patch - MD5 of resulting file : d2669f936a29700bdaafcbf61bbf0748

I patch the v2 patched ISO with the v3 patch, and I dont get the correct MD5... I'm getting b05aef47faeeee156c48b6ebf00c7958

/Chip.

f5cc518ea1cc7ccf0d1c48702744b24d is correct for original ISO

d2669f936a29700bdaafcbf61bbf0748 is the correct ID for V2, but the one you are getting from V3 is not. Anyone else having problems? I can try making another if needed to patch the original ISO for you if it keeps failing.

@eddie11c, don't you think it would be wise to make a final PPF Patch and we patch it to the .iso, and make this the Official Release (Once everything has been confirmed working), or will it be definite that a new .iso will be up sometime later? To expedite the process of uploading a new .iso, I would suggest an updated PPF would be a clever and smart thing to do. Let me know. ;)

f5cc518ea1cc7ccf0d1c48702744b24d is correct for original ISO

d2669f936a29700bdaafcbf61bbf0748 is the correct ID for V2, but the one you are getting from V3 is not. Anyone else having problems? I can try making another if needed to patch the original ISO for you if it keeps failing.

Ya I have made what should be the final changes, I think it will work or not for some. No way around it as support for some chipsets is limited. I made a new PPF that consolidates all my changes that is meant for an untouched ISO. Assuming I get no new bad reports this will be it. I will upload the new PPF now, its only a little bigger. The Newly patched ISO should be 12e46d4a70a7e78baf11f8465dd188a0. Hopefully this works better for chipmunk. Check the FTP in 5-10m for it.

uhm my laptop doesn't work :) anyway i burned the iso and it's right md5
You will need to post a bit more as far as details other than "doesn't work" You may need to install the APIC/ACPI fix if it doesnt properly support it.

Question: This PPF goes over the untouched ISO (Original) right? Not over PPF Ver. 3, right? Let us know. thank you. :)

Ya I have made what should be the final changes, I think it will work or not for some. No way around it as support for some chipsets is limited. I made a new PPF that consolidates all my changes that is meant for an untouched ISO. Assuming I get no new bad reports this will be it. I will upload the new PPF now, its only a little bigger. The Newly patched ISO should be 12e46d4a70a7e78baf11f8465dd188a0. Hopefully this works better for chipmunk. Check the FTP in 5-10m for it.You will need to post a bit more as far as details other than "doesn't work" You may need to install the APIC/ACPI fix if it doesnt properly support it.
eddie11c, the PPF Patch (updated) is 18.4mb, any reason why? Is this the patch that is suppose to go on the untouched .iso? below is a screenshot attached. Thanks.

post-196249-1205183930_thumb.png

The PPF is larger than that, had to leave computer and ftp froze on me. Trying to upload it again.

well it says syncing disk killedCPU halted shoutdown
Is this after you got it installed? What chipset is your motherboard? There are many factors that can cause you to crash. I will need more detailed information if you expect to get it working.

Not a problem. Let us know when it is ready. Will begin installation once patching process has completed. Thank you.

This is not official release, but when it does become, be sure to disable the default verbose mode for startup. =) You are making history here! Congratulations.

Not a problem. Let us know when it is ready. Will begin installation once patching process has completed. Thank you.

This is not official release, but when it does become, be sure to disable the default verbose mode for startup. =) You are making history here! Congratulations.

yeah congratulations you made for me the best distro. You rock man

I have a semi-working setup now on the v2 PPF. For some reason vs. IATKOS 10.5.1 I've lost the native bare sound support for my ALC883-based laptop. I used the ALC883 pkg which got sound back, but now have the infamous "can't shut down" problem, which I had when trying different ALC883 dumps with AppleHDA on iATKOS. I was also unable to get GUID to work, had to fall back to MBR. This may be due to my setup.. can GUID work with AHCI disabled? No biggie either way.

I do appreciate the non-customization. No fixing About My Mac or whatever.

Hey, is the beta testing still going?

My specs are;

M2N32-SLI Deluxe edition (nForce 4)

XFX 8800GTS (320mb DDR3 version)

Maxtor IDE hdd (don't really know the specs of it)

AMD Athlon 62 X2 6000+ (@ 3Ghz)

1GB DDR2 Kingston Hyper-X (@ 800Mhz)

1 S-ATA HDD

1 S-ATA DVD Burner

1 IDE DVD Reader

extra NIC built in, i believe it's a Rtl r1000 NIC or so..

Oh, and i didn't really get any OSx86 working yet, that's why i'm willing to test ur Leo4all on my pc :D

it looks really nice this far! (leo4all)