Leo4All

eddie11c

316 posts in this topic

This is an easy fix really, There are 2 versions of ACPIPS2Nub.kext. One is for the newer ACPIPlatform, the other for the older one. If you boot into the DVD and copy the one called AppleACPIPS2Nub over to your drive and correct permissions it should fix it. I will include a fix with my final update among a few other things. Did you choose the APIC-Fix?

This fixed the keyboard problem. Phew.

One other problem - Even with the .21 nvInject, I'm still not getting QE/CI. Running the alternate kext installer I indicated in the other post resolves this issue (with a scary "crash the machine after install").

OK eddie, check out this album of pictures I took during the last boot up. Sorry, some of them are a bit blurry.

Link: http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d22/beny...8/Leo%20issues/

Ok i see it found your drive, do you have a USB drive or anything? most of the stuff you see there is totally normal. What I am wondering about in particular is the transaction that is timing out via USB. Let me finish up these changes, so I can get a final patch to you. Maybe it will have better results.

Ok all tomorrow I will be uploading a final patch, it will be for the original ISO once again. I will then be uploading the RAR's for the final ISO. This is so some of you can help seed it on TPB or elsewhere. I have added as much support as I can I think. I have automated the proper PS2Nub files depending on which ACPI is installed.

I'm pretty happy I didn't encounter any incompatibility issues except with the video card where QE/CI was not being detected. Is this going to be fixed in the final OFFICIAL .ISO eddie11c? We talking about two 6600GT's here. Also, is patching the Final Patch considered the final .iso or will that still be Beta? Is the final .iso going to be available on the FTP server then? Or are we suppose to patch it then seed? Please let me know, thank you. PS: Don't forget to change the default settings of booting up in verbose mode. :DThats really good to hear someone else finally having a GUID on their system as well. :)

Eddie: Now I installed the GUID without gfx kexts and didn't get the the black screen. The GUID works fine.

I will leave the default boot at verbose to ease people's issues when booting. I will look at the video kexts one last time, but the main problem with them is, some video cards will require you to add your ID and only your ID to work. There is no way of making a true universal video installer at this time. I will upload a new set of RAR files for the ISO that will be the final version. I have made a few last minute corrections for PS/2 compatability so that should be fixed after getting through the installer. I will look over everything one last time before I upload, but should be today some time. I will try to make a proper info that covers the basics. I will post it here so you guys and read over it, make sure I didn't miss anything.

if you dont have enough beta testers i havent had much luck with any releases ive downloaded so far ide like to give yours a shot

system specs:

amd64 6400x2

2gig pc6400

asus m2n32-sli wireless edition

2x 80gb sata2 drives

500gb external usb 2.0

200gb ide drive

8800gt 512mb

32inch Lg Lcd tv (hooked up via DVI to HDMI) does this even work with mac os x (any version)??????????????

windows vista home prem

ive got 2 other older amd machines and a older p4 sitting here i would like to test this on also

thanks in advance if access is still available

thanks for the update. Will follow up shortly. :D

I will leave the default boot at verbose to ease people's issues when booting. I will look at the video kexts one last time, but the main problem with them is, some video cards will require you to add your ID and only your ID to work. There is no way of making a true universal video installer at this time. I will upload a new set of RAR files for the ISO that will be the final version. I have made a few last minute corrections for PS/2 compatability so that should be fixed after getting through the installer. I will look over everything one last time before I upload, but should be today some time. I will try to make a proper info that covers the basics. I will post it here so you guys and read over it, make sure I didn't miss anything.

I'm happy that you said it works on Pentium 4's. I've installed Leopard before both with Kalway and iATKOS, and it worked GREAT with my Nvidia GeForce 5200...QE and all. I'd like to know if you have it available for the public yet, or what stage is it in currently?

I am currently uploading the final version to my FTP. You will be able to find it soon enough at the usual places. Here is the basic nfo I created for it.

Leo4All-10.5.2 Universal AMD/INTEL[SSE2/SSE3]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
						  General Information
Type.................: Application
Platform.............: Macintosh
Part Size............: 100,431,872 bytes
Number of Parts......: 37
Compression Format...: RAR
Image Format.........: .iso

Post Information
Posted by............: eddie11c
Posted on............: 3/11/2008

Release Notes
This is a release I created for my own use. I have an AMD and an Intel computer 
and wanted to simplify the install. I have made it with max compatability in 
mind, but your mileage may vary. All original Languages are included.

Unrar the Leo4All.ISO and burn with UltraISO or equivilant in Windows, or use 
Disk Utility in OSX.

The MD5 Checksum of the ISO should be 9d5a50fc18efeb41636ce42801fd45f3

Please support Apple and buy a copy, you won't regret it.

Install Notes
The system is setup by default to boot in Verbose mode. You can change this yourself if you want in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist. I included BBEdit with the applications, it can edit the file in place with correct permissions.

During the DVD bootup if your stuck at "waiting for root device" I am sorry your hardware is probably not supported. You can try changing some options in your BIOS, maybe you get lucky.

If you get error com.apple.boot.plist not found your DVD is most likely bad, burn it again at a lower speed.

AHCI works, but you are limited to two drives, turn this off if you have more than 2 drives you need to access.

If you have an older computer with limited options in the BIOS(ACPI/APIC) and you are able to install but when you boot the freshly installed O/S you are stuck just after ACPI loads, try installing with the APIC-Fix checked. This will install an Older ACPIPlatform and APIC for better compatability.

Video Driver support is very hit or miss, please install first without it. You can easily add this yourself afterwards.

The EFI bootloader automatically detects and installs for MBR/GUID thanks to Dense, it may have specific problems for Bad-Axe 2 systems.

Please select your IDE/SATA chipset during install.(One and only one!)

Default selection for kernel is Netkas improved 9.2.0. If you select Vanilla kernel please uncheck Netkas kernel.

If during the inital account creation your system locks up, try disabling your Network card. 

If you installed Video drivers during install(not recommended) and your system freezes before the desktop loads, boot with -s and remove the Video kexts.

If after you boot to the desktop you get an error about an Extension not being properly installed open the Application I included called Extensions-Repair to correct this automatically.

I am currently uploading the final version to my FTP. You will be able to find it soon enough at the usual places. Here is the basic nfo I created for it.
*******************************************************************************				  Leo4All-10.5.2 Universal AMD/INTEL[SSE2/SSE3] *******************************************************************************  -------------------------------------------------------------------------------							   General Information ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Type.................: Application Platform.............: Macintosh Part Size............: 100,431,872 bytes Number of Parts......: 37 Compression Format...: RAR Image Format.........: .iso   If this is the Final Patch, will the final.iso be the original .iso that we patch?  Or will there be a final iso available on the FTP as well?   -------------------------------------------------------------------------------								Post Information ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted by............: eddie11c Posted on............: 3/11/2008  -------------------------------------------------------------------------------								  Release Notes ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is a release I created for my own use. I have an AMD and an Intel computer  and wanted to simplify the install. I have made it with max compatability in  mind, but your mileage may vary. All original Languages are included.  Unrar the Leo4All.ISO and burn with UltraISO or equivilant in Windows, or use  Disk Utility in OSX.  The MD5 Checksum of the ISO should be 9d5a50fc18efeb41636ce42801fd45f3  Please support Apple and buy a copy, you won't regret it.  -------------------------------------------------------------------------------								  Install Notes ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The system is setup by default to boot in Verbose mode. You can change this yourself if you want in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist. I included BBEdit with the applications, it can edit the file in place with correct permissions.  During the DVD bootup if your stuck at "waiting for root device" I am sorry your hardware is probably not supported. You can try changing some options in your BIOS, maybe you get lucky.  If you get error com.apple.boot.plist not found your DVD is most likely bad, burn it again at a lower speed.  AHCI works, but you are limited to two drives, turn this off if you have more than 2 drives you need to access.  If you have an older computer with limited options in the BIOS(ACPI/APIC) and you are able to install but when you boot the freshly installed O/S you are stuck just after ACPI loads, try installing with the APIC-Fix checked. This will install an Older ACPIPlatform and APIC for better compatability.  Video Driver support is very hit or miss, please install first without it. You can easily add this yourself afterwards.  The EFI bootloader automatically detects and installs for MBR/GUID thanks to Dense, it may have specific problems for Bad-Axe 2 systems.  Please select your IDE/SATA chipset during install.(One and only one!)  Default selection for kernel is Netkas improved 9.2.0. If you select Vanilla kernel please uncheck Netkas kernel.  If during the inital account creation your system locks up, try disabling your Network card.   If you installed Video drivers during install(not recommended) and your system freezes before the desktop loads, boot with -s and remove the Video kexts.  If after you boot to the desktop you get an error about an Extension not being properly installed open the Application I included called Extensions-Repair to correct this automatically.

If this is the Final Patch, will the final.iso be the original .iso that we patch? Or will there be a final iso available on the FTP as well?

If this is the Final Patch, will the final.iso be the original .iso that we patch? Or will there be a final iso available on the FTP as well?

Just the final ISO is going up, no point of adding another patch at this point since you would not be able to seed since it will be RAR'd. I hope to get a few people to download the new ISO to help seed it though.

Just the final ISO is going up, no point of adding another patch at this point since you would not be able to seed since it will be RAR'd. I hope to get a few people to download the new ISO to help seed it though.

Where is it going to be at. Im new and all here and i dont know the usual spots. But i am on dual T1 lines and will help seed and help the cause.

Torrent i assume?

If you wish to PM me or email me the location i will help the seeding.

Thanks for the effort into making this and im looking forward to working with this on all my AMD and Intel Cores..

Most likely, I will be able to help seed as well.

Where will the initial .iso be uploaded, on our FTP servers. Or on torrent?

Thanks I will look forward to that as soon as I get home. =)

Most likely, I will be able to help seed as well.

Where will the initial .iso be uploaded, on our FTP servers. Or on torrent?

as i have the iso downloaded from the ftp i'll make a torrent... but at the beginning it'll be slow i've only 70kb/s upload

Just let me know where and i will help you with the seed as soon as i can get it downloaded. Got dual T1's ready to go..

Ok i see it found your drive, do you have a USB drive or anything? most of the stuff you see there is totally normal. What I am wondering about in particular is the transaction that is timing out via USB. Let me finish up these changes, so I can get a final patch to you. Maybe it will have better results.

No, there isn't anything attached to the external usb ports but the internal wireless card is usb based. It's the realtek RTL8187B. I suppose that might explain the usb error and the mDNSresponder errors. But I have not researched this much.