Leo4All

eddie11c

316 posts in this topic

Everything is included during the install, if it works properly you should just boot up and setup your account. I am going to be pretty busy today, but will try to check here a bit later. If you guys could please test out my graphics kexts too!!! I would like to get feedback if its working or not before I change the ISO. I will look into adding that kext for the SB600 chipset, but as far as I could tell it was never confirmed to work on Leopard.

Thanks guys for testing for me.

you are going to need to download an ftp program to connect, try filezilla or cuteftp or something similar. Any other problems with the ftp you need to keep to PM's with other testers or myself or you will be promtly removed. Thanks

Okay, I finally had the chance to go ahead and proceed with the installation on my AMD system, not Intel. Below are the results.

The GUID works FLAWLESSLY on my system (1st attempt). I did not have to manually turn off my system this time after updating my system or any of that sought. The installation in total took 30 minutes and 25 seconds according to my stop watch, lol.

Now the only two issues that need to be addressed in my system is that Front Row does not display on my monitor, could be driver related. And in the logs (verbose mode upon boot up) there are two lines that show that specific matching fails for my video displays. (may be this can be the culprit to why Front Row does not work). Lastly, I can clearly see some lag when minimizing and maximizing windows. I am having a strong feeling that my video display has to be tweaked a little just like eddie11c said about adding the kexts. In the installation I only selected NVIDIA 10.5.2 (92mb+) and NVinject 128mb. I did not add anything else after that.

I did not see any further errors in the logs, thus, this tells me that all went quite well.

There was no lag in the installation progress bar compared to Zephyroth's 10.5.2 on my system.

I will add a log later some time later today.

It's fine, I redid the MPKG to allow for the option to be changed!

Still THANX it's a GREAT DVD, and everything works without a hitch!

SticMAN

If you left the default as checked but just have the option to uncheck....?

I think your Good Applications is like that!

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE Please Please please Please

If using a Mac O/S, I recommend using Fetch (FTP). If using Windows, I recommend using what eddie11c suggested.

I got the message from eddie11c with the ftp info but i cant go to the ftp server in the ie8beta browser. Whats wrong?

the chance is that with the 10.5.2 graphics update you "LOST" your QE/CI if you redo your driver kext for that your Frontrow should work again!SticMAN

Okay, I finally had the chance to go ahead and proceed with the installation on my AMD system, not Intel. Below are the results.The GUID works FLAWLESSLY on my system (1st attempt). I did not have to manually turn off my system this time after updating my system or any of that sought. The installation in total took 30 minutes and 25 seconds according to my stop watch, lol.Now the only two issues that need to be addressed in my system is that Front Row does not display on my monitor, could be driver related. And in the logs (verbose mode upon boot up) there are two lines that show that specific matching fails for my video displays. (may be this can be the culprit to why Front Row does not work). Lastly, I can clearly see some lag when minimizing and maximizing windows. I am having a strong feeling that my video display has to be tweaked a little just like eddie11c said about adding the kexts. In the installation I only selected NVIDIA 10.5.2 (92mb+) and NVinject 128mb. I did not add anything else after that.I did not see any further errors in the logs, thus, this tells me that all went quite well. There was no lag in the installation progress bar compared to Zephyroth's 10.5.2 on my system.I will add a log later some time later today.
Cyberduck 4 MacOS is free!!!
If using a Mac O/S, I recommend using Fetch (FTP). If using Windows, I recommend using what eddie11c suggested.

Ok the Nvidia Kexts on the DVD were made by punk(which you can find in driver section of these forums), but I have found them not to work very well for me. Not at all for my 7800GTX and 8800GTS(NV92). That is why I decided to start from scratch. I tried to include all the ID's I could find in the updated kexts but need you all to test in case I missed some or something.

Okay. Another issue I see is that when turning off the system, in verbose mode, my volumes fail to unmount. Any reason why?

Ok the Nvidia Kexts on the DVD were made by punk(which you can find in driver section of these forums), but I have found them not to work very well for me. Not at all for my 7800GTX and 8800GTS(NV92). That is why I decided to start from scratch. I tried to include all the ID's I could find in the updated kexts but need you all to test in case I missed some or something.
Attached is a log of what my system does when booting and shutting down thus far. You can see the hardware components that fail to match in the log as well.

Systemthusfar.txt

Hey,

i'd like to get in on the universal install download if possible.

my system specs are as followed

ASUS M2n32-SLI Deluxe

AMD x2 6000+

4gb pc6400

300GB Sata (windows)

150GB Sata (for the os x)

geforce 8800 GTS 640 mb video.

Thanks for all the work you've put into this.

I tried PM'in you but it said your inbox was full.

failed GUID again.. here's the log
Ok sharpy looking through your logs I see one major problem. You can not use a name with a space in it for the volume name. In your log the drive is named untitled 1. This causes errors with how OSX handles names. Please change it to a name that is one word and try again. Same thing, if you can save the log if it fails again and post it helps alot.
Okay. Another issue I see is that when turning off the system, in verbose mode, my volumes fail to unmount. Any reason why?Attached is a log of what my system does when booting and shutting down thus far. You can see the hardware components that fail to match in the log as well.
I see it trying to shutdown, but login window is busy processing updates. This is normal right after you do some apple updates. It should not prevent it from rebooting or shutting down though, I wouldn't worry about it.

good to hear.

Ok sharpy looking through your logs I see one major problem. You can not use a name with a space in it for the volume name. In your log the drive is named untitled 1. This causes errors with how OSX handles names. Please change it to a name that is one word and try again. Same thing, if you can save the log if it fails again and post it helps alot.I see it trying to shutdown, but login window is busy processing updates. This is normal right after you do some apple updates. It should not prevent it from rebooting or shutting down though, I wouldn't worry about it.
so by redoing my driver kext, I should find that in my DVD directory as eddie11c has stated I assume, right?
the chance is that with the 10.5.2 graphics update you "LOST" your QE/CI if you redo your driver kext for that your Frontrow should work again!SticMANCyberduck 4 MacOS is free!!!

If you already have NVinject installed, you should be able to tell if it shows on the graphics portion of profiler,then just install the kexts i posted and report back. If NVinject is not installed just browse for it in the DVD and install the one that corresponds to your memory size.

I did install the NVinjects before I began the installation. I installed the package that you posted and the whole system crashed, meaning that I was unable to access Safe Boot and Normal Boot. Just verbose mode shows, and no Hard Drive activity. :)

If you already have NVinject installed, you should be able to tell if it shows on the graphics portion of profiler,then just install the kexts i posted and report back. If NVinject is not installed just browse for it in the DVD and install the one that corresponds to your memory size.
These kexts messed up my system. I mean, it messed up the operating system. I went ahead and eventually did a clean install. I should stay away from it unless I am doing something wrong. How do I access (Located on the DVD in /system/installation/packages/Nvidia). None of the disc utility softwares I know from the top of my ahead are allowing me to see the full contents of the DVD. thanks
Ok if any of you can use the proper NVinject for your video card(Located on the DVD in /system/installation/packages/Nvidia) and install these kexts to try out, I would greatly appreciate it. If you card doesn't work just let me know the vendor ID/type of card so I can add it. Make sure to boot with -f afterwards.Nvidia-Kexts

I included a program called invisibles in the install, open it and choose visible to see hidden system files/folders to include the files on the DVD. I will remove the link to the kexts for now, will go back to the drawing board tonight to see what i messed up. Probably something silly too.

Tried it again, and booted with -f (after restart). I received a display of the desktop, however, in the hardware profile, Quartz Extreme was still not enabled, and I still saw noticeable lag. I am using an NVIDIA 6600GT on the AMD system.

I almost forgot to tell you that GUID and MBR works flawlessly on my Intel system as well, however, I can see the same lag after using the kexts installer you posted (for my 8800GT, Intel system)

The taskbar is not transparent compared to Zephyroth's. Could be cause of QE. I'm about to use the Universal Installer available from Wikidot (Zephyroth's community) to see if it works then. If it does, I'll let you know. =)

0x0140 GeForce 6600 GT

I included a program called invisibles in the install, open it and choose visible to see hidden system files/folders to include the files on the DVD. I will remove the link to the kexts for now, will go back to the drawing board tonight to see what i messed up. Probably something silly too.